Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Alex Baptiste ex QPR and Bolton CB on a short term deal until Jan and Macaully Bonne on a season long loan from QPR before deadline day. 
    Don’t really know much about Baptiste. Bonne imho won’t be any better than Stockley.
    Not better, but Bonne would, at the very least, be cover and that's the minimum requirement. We're holding on to all our pennies right now - I still remain staunchly in the camp that Stockton would make us much better in the now, but the finances (plus other things discussed infinitely here) don't add up for him. Main thing I wanted was cover.

Baptiste, similarly, is just cover - could be trash, could be the next CB-T. Somewhere in the middle would be fine.

I could reasonably see this being our business before the window closes and being reasonably OK with that, but a bit disappointed about not having invested a bit more. I think we're on the cusp of being playoff/promotion contenders, and we'll need a decent share of luck to make that more certain.
  • th0rryy said:
    Alex Baptiste ex QPR and Bolton CB on a short term deal until Jan and Macaully Bonne on a season long loan from QPR before deadline day. 
    Don’t really know much about Baptiste. Bonne imho won’t be any better than Stockley.
    Not better, but Bonne would, at the very least, be cover and that's the minimum requirement. We're holding on to all our pennies right now - I still remain staunchly in the camp that Stockton would make us much better in the now, but the finances (plus other things discussed infinitely here) don't add up for him. Main thing I wanted was cover.

Baptiste, similarly, is just cover - could be trash, could be the next CB-T. Somewhere in the middle would be fine.

I could reasonably see this being our business before the window closes and being reasonably OK with that, but a bit disappointed about not having invested a bit more. I think we're on the cusp of being playoff/promotion contenders, and we'll need a decent share of luck to make that more certain.
    That’s us buggered then!
  • The first deadline day without Chris Parkes will seem very strange. I hope Ron Dangermouse has tested the fax machine to make sure it's working!
    Ticker tape machine surely.
  • A cursory glance at SwingForward's LOL'd posts reveals they've been pushing this Bonne return for a while now. Lol. 
  • Leuth said:
    A cursory glance at SwingForward's LOL'd posts reveals they've been pushing this Bonne return for a while now. Lol. 
    Signing Bonne would be one Swing Forward, but a dozen Swings back,
  • Pudds said:
    The CB we should be looking at (albeit unlikely) is Yoann Barbet. Left-footed, can also play LB. For those concerned about fitness, in the 20/21 season he played every single minute of the league campaign. Don't think QPR wanted to get rid of him so it is audacious but he's lived in London for the last 7 years so worth a look. 
    If I had known living in London qualified you for "being worth a look" I would never have moved to Kent... What could have been...
    Moving to Kent is still fine. Being called "Pudds" might rule you out mind...
  • Sponsored links:

• Scott Parker available now he been sacked this morning ?
    What are you suggesting?
    Signing Scott Parker and playing him centre forward, centre half or left back?
    Or in the hole! After all, he dug a deep enough one for himself when he chose to leave us judging by some of the reaction to his sacking. 
    Unless you’re into shit four striped cardigans what use to us is this info?  
    To answer your question, yes he is.
  • The CB we should be looking at (albeit unlikely) is Yoann Barbet. Left-footed, can also play LB. For those concerned about fitness, in the 20/21 season he played every single minute of the league campaign. Don't think QPR wanted to get rid of him so it is audacious but he's lived in London for the last 7 years so worth a look. 
    Would be an incredible signing but I can’t see him dropping to league 1 or to our budget unfortunately 
  • edited August 2022
    FAVADDICK said:
    Well with 2 days to go and for players to move on, its very quite on our front !!
    Just like all but 1 of our signings so far 
  • mendonca said:
    I'm just happy I don't have to see Oshilaja playing in our midfield any more.
    But have we seen him playing up front?
  • Can Bonne play centre back?

I reckon he could cover Stockley and Innis (but not both at the same time, obviously)
  • Says a lot when @BarnsleyFC aren’t willing to activate a release clause when we are so desperate for firepower. “Judge us by our actions” or lack thereof

Every fan wants the same and moans the same lol 😂 
  • Sponsored links:

• We don't need another lump like Bonne up front, we need a mobile forward like Taylor (but not him)
  • Can Bonne play centre back?

I reckon he could cover Stockley and Innis (but not both at the same time, obviously)
    He could if he was quick enough.
  • Says a lot when @BarnsleyFC aren’t willing to activate a release clause when we are so desperate for firepower. “Judge us by our actions” or lack thereof

Every fan wants the same and moans the same lol 😂 
    £300k for Asante? Suggests we aren’t in for him at that price then, if we were we could have activated it in June.
  • edited August 2022
    Southbank said:
    We don't need another lump like Bonne up front, we need a mobile forward like Taylor (but not him)
    Bonne is mobile, he doesn’t perfectly fit the system but we can’t be too picky at this level and he’s a decent all-round striker which is what we need. His link up play and passing isn’t quite good enough but he’s more mobile and good at pressing. He was dreadful against us in the cup recently but I’m sure given a few more minutes he’d get back to his old self. His style is a lot closer to Taylor (but not as good) than it is to Stockley 

I know it wouldn’t be a popular signing but he would definitely score more than Stockley in league 1 with this team. He got double figures in the championship for us and that was his first season playing above non-league level. When Taylor was injured he was sometimes playing up front on his own as well. I’d take him back and I bet whoever we do end up signing isn’t as good as Bonne 
  • Uboat said:
    How would people react if Macauley Bonne fired us to promotion and then peeled off a mask to reveal that he was Lyle Taylor? 
    I’d be very surprised that nobody noticed the skin tone of his arms and legs. 
  • Uboat said:
    How would people react if Macauley Bonne fired us to promotion and then peeled off a mask to reveal that he was Lyle Taylor? 
    Then peeled off a mask to reveal he was actually Scott Parker…
  • Valley11 said:
    Uboat said:
    And then peeled a further one off to reveal he was Roland Duchatalet. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Uboat said:
    And then peeled a further one off to reveal he was Roland Duchatalet. 
    who the turned out to be the caretaker at the fun fair