Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited August 2022

We are way ahead in XG from open play, so just need the finishing touches as so many have been saying. Get that and we will be right up there. Latest stats included btw my lad reckons..
    We may be ahead on XG but not in actual goals scored.......which is the only stat that actually matters. 

We've scored 9 open play goals though and only 4 teams have scored more than us in the league so far?

From open play we've scored 2 more than Portsmouth, 1 less than Peterborough and Ipswich and the same number as Sheffield Wednesday (these being the teams that have scored more than us in the first 6 games).

We need to sort our set pieces out as we haven't looked at all dangerous.
  • Don't want to panic anyone but will Cawley be on strike on deadline day?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Don't want to panic anyone but will Cawley be on strike on deadline day?

Probably won't make a difference if he is since there won't be anything to report
  • Anyone getting a super duper phone for deadline day.
  • The first deadline day without Chris Parkes will seem very strange. I hope Ron Dangermouse has tested the fax machine to make sure it's working!
  • Anyone getting a super duper phone for deadline day.
    Got the Sunny D in the fridge ready

• We are way ahead in XG from open play, so just need the finishing touches as so many have been saying. Get that and we will be right up there. Latest stats included btw my lad reckons..
    We may be ahead on XG but not in actual goals scored.......which is the only stat that actually matters. 
    Only if your knowledge of football is limited to ‘put round thing in rectangle thing’

The real irony being the current xG stats backup everything you’ve been saying, you just can’t see it. 
  • I'm contemplating putting the champagne on ice for when we sign a rip roaring goal scoring striker this week.
    Alternatively, should it be a modified chastity belt type contraption to protect me from the more likely kick in the balls?
    You have brought back memories of two non league players who went on to play for us.
    Barry Endean type or Derek Hales type.

something will occur hopefully it’s that goal machine forward we have been calling for.
    Personally I would be happy with a Paul Williams type player. Woodford Town ,Dartford etc .
    We'll get a Stuart Fleetwood, Gary Churchouse, Paul Gorman type player.
  • I'd today deadline day? It is right? 
    Thursday due to the midweek games.
  • Sponsored links:

Thursday, 1 Sept at 11 PM.
  • The window will SLAM SHUT, except for all those transfers that somehow happen at 11.30 due to admin issues. 
  • Any names in the frame?

I see Aaron Pierre has joined Sutton.
  • What about that Danish striker Ronnie Schwartz?

All joking aside,
    Ronnie could have been perfect for Ben Garners style of football.
    I reckon he would be more successful as a striker than Stockley. 
    Schwartz was a poor footballer
  • Alex Baptiste ex QPR and Bolton CB on a short term deal until Jan and Macaully Bonne on a season long loan from QPR before deadline day. 
    Don’t really know much about Baptiste. Bonne imho won’t be any better than Stockley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scott Parker available now he been sacked this morning ?
  • I was chatting to someone last week (Sunderland fan) and he reckons us and a few others are looking at Jack Diamond 🤔 plays on the left wing so not sure whether to believe it or not, unless Kirk moves on.
    Well that's not going to happen, he signed on loan for Lincoln 🙄
  • I'm interested to hear about any further updates from "credible" sources about Gilbey/JFC. It's very frustrating that the barrier to bringing players in is shifting those two.

Astonished that no-one has taken a punt on JFC. Maybe the injury history represents just too much of a gamble for most teams?
  • th0rryy said:
    I'm interested to hear about any further updates from "credible" sources about Gilbey/JFC. It's very frustrating that the barrier to bringing players in is shifting those two.

Astonished that no-one has taken a punt on JFC. Maybe the injury history represents just too much of a gamble for most teams?
    Would you pay a fee for a player that had started 1 league game in 16 months?
  • More disappointing for me is Gilbey not appearing to be willing to move temporarily for regular football. 
  • th0rryy said:
    I'm interested to hear about any further updates from "credible" sources about Gilbey/JFC. It's very frustrating that the barrier to bringing players in is shifting those two.

I don't believe it is a barrier. No salary cap in place and 3 places still available under the squad number. There will be incomings before Friday come what may despite what's been said about that 
  • Alex Baptiste ex QPR and Bolton CB on a short term deal until Jan and Macaully Bonne on a season long loan from QPR before deadline day. 
    Where did u hear that?

• Taxi_Lad said:
    For all those happy to dismiss the Plymouth scoreline as an outlier might want to take note of the other sides that have played against 10 men this season, some for longer. None of them have scored 5 in fact most have struggled. 
    I think we should most definitely be including the result in our thinking and give the team a little credit for taking Plymouth apart 
    Yeah but but but Plymouth could have scored against us when it was 1-0 so had it stayed 11v11 it probably would have ended 2-2 zzzzz

Plus we must have faced them when they had a bad day, rather than us being good

Oh yeah we're their bogey team too... So when you factor in all those points, it means we basically lost!!
    What isn't mentioned is how we won the penalty. A goal bound shot being tipped over the bar. If that went in, we would have been 2 up against 11 and I think we would have seen out the game. I do t think plymouth were good enough to come back from 2 down
  • Well with 2 days to go and for players to move on, its very quite on our front !!