Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Polish Pete might be available...
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Alfie May? Haven’t heard anything, but I think he might be the man we are after! 
    He has just scored in the Pizza Cup for Cheltenham at MKD. 

Doubt if he would be playing if a move was imminent.
  • edited August 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Alfie May? Haven’t heard anything, but I think he might be the man we are after! 
    That’s an interesting post  @DubaiCAFC. Not a name we’ve seen mentioned for a while. 
  • Uboat said:
    How would people react if Macauley Bonne fired us to promotion and then peeled off a mask to reveal that he was Lyle Taylor? 
    How confident are we that it is Sean Clare under his mask?
  • Asante not in the Salford squad tonight. Off to Barnsley or...?
  • edited August 2022
    Asante not in the Salford squad tonight. Off to Barnsley or...?
    Heading to Birmingham or WBA in the Championship according to our favourite journalist Alan Nixon.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    That’s an interesting post  @DubaiCAFC. Not a name we’ve seen mentioned for a while. 
    I don't see it personally. Only one really good season at this level, too old to have much future value either so tricky to flog on if he doesn't do well. That said he IS someone who would probably be confident in forcing his way into the side but also okay with having to start out as back up.

Probably we could do worse but even now I'd like to think we could do a little better honestly.
  • I would rather take a CB and LB over Macauley Bonne, if there is ANY truth in the above rumours. Would be an absolute waste of resources!
  • Sponsored links:

• Tyler Smith available from Hull.

Was last in League One with Swindon 20/21. Scored seven goals from 15 starts.
  • the pressure of being on the 'register of shame' has forced TS and Garner out of their bunker - the smokescreen that most saw through about the striker has been lifted and if they deliver they will be spared the shame - others won't be so lucky - they know who they are and so do i and so will the readership of the news shopper next week - there will be no escape from the ridicule 
  • Asante not in the Salford squad tonight. Off to Barnsley or...?
    Heading to Birmingham or WBA in the Championship according to our favourite journalist Alan Nixon.
    Which will make leko available if he joins bum? Not saying we should be after leko but he would be a scrapping the barrel deadline day option if we've missed out on other targets
  • So if TS delivers CB and a Forward by the end of the transfer window..I guess the only people left to moan will be those who wanted a LB or the usual suspects who will, by nature, find something wrong/not good enough/too young/too old/not cost enough/is only a loan etc etc. Friday morning could be interesting on here!
    Am I allowed to moan if we sign a CB and a Forward - but they turn out to be a pair of last-minute, injury-prone dossers?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Thommo said:
    Sounds like from that we are looking at trying to land 2 regardless of if anyone goes out. 
    Good effort TS - glad you’re listening re the striker although can’t see airman being happy with that - increasing revenues?? Cash flow neutral ? What’s he got up his sleeve ??? 

Selling Leaburn I'd imagine. 
  • .MickeyBennett said:
    Has a couple of thousand followers, and is apparently ‘Assistant Sports Content Editor at Reach PLC/ Sunday Mirror Sports News Editor. Welshman abroad.’

Legit, but pretty junior. 
  • Redhenry said:
    what are they all going to moan about now :smiley:
    Don't worry. They will find  something 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Who have we got posted at sparrows lane and the valley ? This is hotting up 
    Mr danger 
    i reckon dangerfield will be wearing a wire - like MI5 down there  
  • Arthur Horsfield?
    A-R-T-H-U-R, Arthur Horsfield Superstar.....
    That’s really taken me back to my youth
  • So if TS delivers CB and a Forward by the end of the transfer window..I guess the only people left to moan will be those who wanted a LB or the usual suspects who will, by nature, find something wrong/not good enough/too young/too old/not cost enough/is only a loan etc etc. Friday morning could be interesting on here!
    Am I allowed to moan if we sign a CB and a Forward - but they turn out to be a pair of last-minute, injury-prone dossers?
    we've been moaning about those 2 for the last year 
  • NabySarr said:
    That’s about as good a statement as can be. Obviously, it massively leaves the board vulnerable if deadline day ends as a damp squib. 

Regardless of how the window ends, we’ve had a good window. We’ve got a set play style, we’ve recruited for that. We got the vast majority of our business done before the start to the season, we’re now looking for squad depth, not desperate to fill holes in the system. 

We might not get promoted, but we’re certainly moving in the the right direction (in terms of recruitment). 

Fans have zero impact on business. Calm down and enjoy the ride. 
    Moving in the right direction in terms of our thinking. But cutting the budget year on year trying to break even is going to reduce our chances of promotion year on year in the future. If we don’t go up this year (hopefully we do but I think it’s unlikely) then we cut the budget further then we will be drifting back away from the top 6 and into mid table again. We’ve had a good summer but it will be wasted if we don’t have that little bit more backing that would give us a really good chance 
    I certainly don’t disagree, but I did specify recruitment when commenting on us proverbially moving in the right direction. 

While the cost-cutting from TS does seem pie in the sky, I don’t have the business acumen to hypothesise a solution. 

I agree it will be somewhat wasted if we don’t push the boat out for the last two additions.
  • Richard J said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He has just scored in the Pizza Cup for Cheltenham at MKD. 

Doubt if he would be playing if a move was imminent.
    Probably rules out Cannon as well then as he has scored for Everton in the same cup.
  • edited August 2022
    Have had a pretty decent start to the season, way better than than last year, and a pretty decent window so far, with Rak Sakyi providing the bit of flair and cutting edge that the squad/team needed. 
    The other signings have at least being involved, which is an improvement to what happened last year. 
    Unfortunately our usual bad luck with injuries (our Fly in the Ointment) is kicking in, not great when your squad includes two players best described as ‘Fragile’, and one who sometimes resembles a Mannequin with a bad back. 
    The next two (crucial 🙂) days could see us transformed from playoff possibles to playoff probables, with the right recruitment. 
    Or they could see us slip from possibles to playoff outsiders, if a Dobson or Clare is sold (to pay for Bogle).
    To quote the great Fanny, I have a little tingle that it’ll be the former, rather than the latter, but I feel it might go down to the Wire.