Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Even if Stockley is shite in training he is still going to start. He’s the only fit senior striker at the club…..that’s a large part of the problem. He has no competition at all (bar Leaburn who is not ready to start many games).

We desperately need Chuks back to avoid this being another wasted season. 
    Don't be so sure!
    ??
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Even if Stockley is shite in training he is still going to start. He’s the only fit senior striker at the club…..that’s a large part of the problem. He has no competition at all (bar Leaburn who is not ready to start many games).

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    Rumours Stockley is injured 
  • edited September 2022
    Looks like we're going to be lining up with a false 9 next game. I suppose in many ways we've already been playing with one.  
  • Where was it mentioned the Stockley is injured? 

Not saying its wrong or right but curious more than anything.
  • Where was it mentioned the Stockley is injured? 

Not saying its wrong or right but curious more than anything.
    Purely someone posted as a rumour, I was explaining the reference to being the only fit striker not continuing the rumour, but have now continued the rumour 😖
  • At this point, I would honestly play Leaburn or Jaiyesimi upfront Saturday if Stockley is out. Jaiyesimi played up tops against us for Swindon I think.
  • Addick_8 said:
    At this point, I would honestly play Leaburn or Jaiyesimi upfront Saturday if Stockley is out. Jaiyesimi played up tops against us for Swindon I think.
    If Stockley was injured, surely Leaburn is the only one who could replace him upfront. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    I will laugh my arse of if true. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??
  • Leaburn is the obvious replacement for Stockley.  Anyone but DJ . How long is Stockley out for ?
  • Leaburn is the obvious replacement for Stockley.  Anyone but DJ . How long is Stockley out for ?
    We don't even know if he's actually injured! Never mind how long for!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    Indeed you can say that again?
  • And so will BG too!
  • Looks like we're going to be lining up with a false 9 next game. I suppose in many ways we've already been playing with one.  
    With Stockley and Kirk last week it was like playing with 9 men. 
  • I'd like to see LEaburn given a chance, but wouldnt be totally against seeing JRS as a false 9
  • Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    Two much arse for my liking.
  • Addick_8 said:
    At this point, I would honestly play Leaburn or Jaiyesimi upfront Saturday if Stockley is out. Jaiyesimi played up tops against us for Swindon I think.
    Have you actually watched DJ play?
    Played well v. QPR
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    I'd like to see Leaburn given a chance, but wouldnt be totally against seeing JRS as a false 9
    CBT as a 9? Certainly has the pace to unsettle defenders. Lob a few ball over the top?
  • JamesSeed said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    I'd like to see Leaburn given a chance, but wouldnt be totally against seeing JRS as a false 9
    CBT as a 9? Certainly has the pace to unsettle defenders. Lob a few ball over the top?
    Yea not a bad shout, his finishing would probably let him down though!
  • edited September 2022
    Why do people care if Stockley is injured? A large percentage on here think he is shit and suggested we were playing with 10 men.
    People on the internet specialize in hysterics.

Stockley isn't a perfect fit for Garner's system but we're likely a much worse side without him right now, given the alternatives.
  • JamesSeed said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Yea not a bad shout, his finishing would probably let him down though!
    Stockley's finishing has been poor this season anyway

With a false 9, we would lose any aerial threat, but potentially a more mobile player might create more space for other players
  • edited September 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Cant wait to se CBT get on the ball over the top and then put it wide from 4 yards!
  • Any chance we could remove this from being a sticky. It's depressing as it is. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Have you actually watched DJ play?
    Na not watched any Charlton games at all just thought I'd say it..
    Stop wasting your time then. BG wanted to off load him like the previous 2 managers he's not good enough
  • edited September 2022
    If we're going to get desperate enough to try converting a winger to a centre forward, then DJ is the one to try. There's a tiny, tiny chance that there is a pound shop Michail Antonio hiding inside DJ - I don't see any centre forward traits in CBT or Kirk. Plan a), if Stockley is unavailable, has to be give Leaburn a chance though.