Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Even if Stockley is shite in training he is still going to start. He’s the only fit senior striker at the club…..that’s a large part of the problem. He has no competition at all (bar Leaburn who is not ready to start many games).

We desperately need Chuks back to avoid this being another wasted season. 
    Don't be so sure!
    ??
    Rumours Stockley is injured 
    I will laugh my arse of if true. 
    Dazzler21 said:
    Even if Stockley is shite in training he is still going to start. He’s the only fit senior striker at the club…..that’s a large part of the problem. He has no competition at all (bar Leaburn who is not ready to start many games).

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    You can say that again 

Doh … Beaten to it by @EugenesAxe
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:
    Terell Thomas has signed.
    Have to ask yourself why Wimbledon, Crewe and Reading have all let me go in fairly quick order. Hope he proves me wrong but looks like a desperation signing.
    definition of desperation signing, no other real viable cheap option, was basically him or nothing, still hope he does well mind
    He was with Wimbledon for three seasons. Hardly quick order.
    doesn't change the fact its a desperation signing, we are desperate for a CB, and have no other options lol
    Definition of shifting goalposts. "I may be wrong, but I'm still right".
    ok he was our prime target
    Hardly desperate signing when he been with us for nearly 4 weeks .. look at it the other he came in impressed everyone and we withdrew from the deal we had lined up 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:
    Have to ask yourself why Wimbledon, Crewe and Reading have all let me go in fairly quick order. Hope he proves me wrong but looks like a desperation signing.
    definition of desperation signing, no other real viable cheap option, was basically him or nothing, still hope he does well mind
    doesn't change the fact its a desperation signing, we are desperate for a CB, and have no other options lol
    Hardly desperate signing when he been with us for nearly 4 weeks .. look at it the other he came in impressed everyone and we withdrew from the deal we had lined up 
    Or having been with us for THREE weeks why didn't we sign him earlier....unless we wanted somebody better, who turned us down or we couldn't afford!

Blind Faith on here at times.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    TEL said:
    cabbles said:
    So if/once we get the forward in on a free transfer, that will be the class of 22/23 confirmed.

Mac
    Wollacott

Clare
    O’Connell
    Thomas
    Lavelle
    Inniss
    Egbo
    Sessegnon

Dobson
    McGrandles
    JFC
    Payne
    Morgan
    Fraser
    CBT
    Kirk
    DJ
    JRS

Aneke
    Leaburn
    Stockley
    ???

I know there’s a couple of youngsters like Henry, Clayden and Ness on the fringes, but what do we think?  Is that a squad capable of promotion?
    in Previous seasons maybe top six, currently though, nowhere near a promotion squad given the quality of the teams in this league.
    This. I think last season this squad could make top 6 or be in for it at least last game of the season. 
    This year it’s too far off (depending if we do anything in Jan) 
    Problem is we can all see it, including Garner but the one who can’t see it is the one who writes the checks. 

• Options
    supaclive said:
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:
    Or having been with us for THREE weeks why didn't we sign him earlier....unless we wanted somebody better, who turned us down or we couldn't afford!

Or we had him training with us and, having decided we want him we have been negotiating a contract. Agents aren’t dim. Much more likely to get a better deal when the window is shut.

Always looking for the negative on here at times.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    supaclive said:
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:

Or we had him training with us and, having decided we want him we have been negotiating a contract. Agents aren’t dim. Much more likely to get a better deal when the window is shut.

Always looking for the negative on here at times.
    And there is always a chance someone better becomes available at the end of the window.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    I won’t, I’ll be annoyed because I’m a charlton fan who wants us to do well.

Each to their own n all that.
    As I keep saying, I want us to do well, but its laughable that we go into a season with just 2 fit strikers & then can't even strengthen on deadline day. We had 4 months to add to the 3 strikers we have......but didnt. No point moaning about it now so I just laugh. The owner thinks this is the way to go so why doubt him.....
    So why is virtually everything you post moaning about the situation then? If there is no point moaning about it perhaps you could change the record?

I wasn't moaning earlier. I simply said I'd laugh if Stockley was out injured. Another poster jumped on that comment & so I replied. 

If you happen to read my comments when I post I don't usually moan. I simply point out some home truths that people don't like to hear. 
    Must be somebody else using your account then :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who’s that behind Payne in the pic?
  • Options
    Marshall, assistant gaffer and that De Souza coach fella
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:

3 weeks for Garner to assess him and see if he was fit enough to warrant a one year contract.

Seems reasonable.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Clarky said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    I won’t, I’ll be annoyed because I’m a charlton fan who wants us to do well.

Each to their own n all that.
    As I keep saying, I want us to do well, but its laughable that we go into a season with just 2 fit strikers & then can't even strengthen on deadline day. We had 4 months to add to the 3 strikers we have......but didnt. No point moaning about it now so I just laugh. The owner thinks this is the way to go so why doubt him.....
    So why is virtually everything you post moaning about the situation then? If there is no point moaning about it perhaps you could change the record?

I wasn't moaning earlier. I simply said I'd laugh if Stockley was out injured. Another poster jumped on that comment & so I replied. 

If you happen to read my comments when I post I don't usually moan. I simply point out some home truths that people don't like to hear. 
    The thing is, more people have come over to your way of thinking so less people attack you for it. Some people will always shoot the messenger sadly.  
    Are you serious? Do you really think true Charlton supporters would laugh when one of their own players get injured?
    I am sure @golfaddick did not mean it literally, as I suspect you well know. Maybe a better way of putting it is that it would be laughable were Stockley to be injured, leaving us with only one fit inexperienced young striker, given the club had 4 months to add to the strikers we had and such a situation might have been avoided. Is that slightly more palatable for you?

By the way, is Stockley injured?
    Exactly!  There are some people who hate being proven wrong.

I still remain unconvinced and blimey, didn't that get me pelters!

I don't want to be proven right and neither does golfie!
    It's not about being proved right or wrong it is more about only seeing the negatives and labouring the same 'we need a striker ' point in just about every comment and every thread.It is unnecessary and damn right tedious, particularly when just about every poster agrees that we needed a striker and have being saying so since Washington left. The only real debate on this was when Garner said the priority was a CB to which many agreed but others thought a striker was more important. Of course you can't forget the outcry when an incoming striker looked to be Bonne and a few said 'I'd rather go without', well the minority got their wish with that one.
    For the record I think, and as I have said previously, Sandgaard is out his depth and of course if he were to sell to a credible suitor(s) with enough money to fulfil our dreams then just about all of us would take that in a heartbeat. In the meantime, we are where we are and I for one willingly accept that there are positives as well as albeit too many negatives.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Might be an idea to run a 'Is Stockley injured? thread right through the season then Golfie can laugh his arse off every week. 
    Is your penalty still in orbit?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    cabbles said:
    So if/once we get the forward in on a free transfer, that will be the class of 22/23 confirmed.

Mac
    Wollacott - These are both fine at this level, Woll before Mac obvs

Clare  - acquitting himself well enough in his new role 
    O’Connell  - donkey
    Thomas   - unproven
    Lavelle    - a slow lightweight Pearce
    Inniss     - made of glass unlikely to start more than 15 games and always has potential for calamity, like a fragile overweight Naby Sarr without the personality
    Egbo    - apparently another right back - not yet seen in action and no word on when that's even likely
    Sessegnon          - an able right back lumbered on the left because the squad is so thin

Dobson       - our best player, hitherto overworked in Garner's one shape/tactic fits all
    McGrandles      - lightweight whose cameo in the first game was mercifully brief before Garner had sense forced on him
    JFC           - his best in CMF is better than anybody else we have but his best may be some years ago - an able left back when required in the past
    Payne       - thus far only seen charging about to no useful outcome
    Morgan       - had his best spell with us so far over the first few games but that bar is quite low
    Fraser     - sees and can make a nice pass or two but he's terribly lightweight and never lasts more than 60 minutes before he's shagged out
    CBT        - probably our best attacker, best combination of pace and guile, has been a bit injury prone
    Kirk        - a shameful pisstaker with some ability -  if he never appeared in Charlton red again it would be too soon for me, he's blatantly robbing his living
    DJ          -  underwhelming and now fatally undermined since we know he was on his way out until TS pulled the rug on deadline day
    JRS    - an exciting addition so far

Aneke        - total waste of bundles of cash, he'll barely make another half dozen appearances TS's 2nd greatest folly so far
    Leaburn     - an exciting talent on whom far too much expectation is placed by Addicks and for too much reliance will be put because this squad has nobody else up front
    Stockley    - decent enough at this level, Garner's single system provides him with no service, poor sod is on a hiding to nothing unless and until Garner wakes the fuck up and applies any imagination or managerial skill to our predicament
    ??? - there will be no striking additions before January and no guarantees even then

I know there’s a couple of youngsters like Henry, Clayden (looks like a credible left(wing)back in the making) and Ness on the fringes, but what do we think?  Is that a squad capable of promotion? Answer NO

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Scott Minto in Hays Galleria who very kindly stopped for a longer chat than he would have cared for. What an absolute top bloke. A reminiscing chat tbf and not sure why I am putting it on this thread 🤣 but just chuffed that he was willing to give as much time as he did to little old me. Thought I would share with my Charltonlife family. 
    This is the transfer rumours thread 😉

or is he our new left back?
    The rumours thread you say. Hmm 🤔 
  • Options
    Sam Winnall has signed for Burton Albion
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Mac
    Wollacott.   Decent for L1. Was in the L2 best of squad last year.  Made plenty of decent stops already

Clare.  Most of this season has looked to have Championship qualities.

O’Connell. I like him, whole hearted. Ok on the ball.

Thomas think he will come good and play a fair amount.

Lavelle trier but unconvinced.

Inniss always injured. Nice chap but irrelevant if he doesn't play.

Egbo Swindon fans seemed to rate him.  Think he will be decent if he can dislodge Claire.

Sessegnon fast with some skills.  Great loan addition

Dobson.  Real worker.  Excellent player. Don't get some of the negs this season on here about him.

McGrandles.  No idea but comes with a decent reputation and I think looks a decent signing from that.

JFC never been his biggest fan, injuries have taken their roll. Shame we couldn't move him on.

Payne not seen anything to get excited by yet. Wasteful in possession and light weight.

Morgan if he can keep his form up he could do very well this year.

Fraser never loses the ball. Scores goals. Really like him

CBT brings pace and unpredictability but needs more composure in the final third to push on 

Kirk not my type of player.  Decent enough but a shirker.

DJ feel he has been a bit hard done by but profligate.

JRS will be a PL star in the future.  Sadly, with Palace 

Aneke will be fit inside a month and stay for for his 20-30 min cameos for the rest of the season scoring 15+ and shutting up the boo boys 

Leaburn surprised if he doesn't hit 20 goals this season. Looks great.

Stockley not the right formation for him but won't ever give less than 100% and will end up with 10 goals or so.

???

I know there’s a couple of youngsters like Henry, Clayden and Ness on the fringes, but what do we think?  Is that a squad capable of promotion?

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Our recruitment this summer has been really good? Maybe not quite enough of it, but I don't see many flaws otherwise 
    You could make the argument that our recruitment was really good last year (no laughing at the back).  More than half the starting 11 today were, probably, signed last year.  That's not including CBT either. 

I am not making it, but I could see how someone could. 
    Not sure on that. We finished 13th last year can't say recruitment was really good.
  • Options
    If they can postpone all football until January, we might be able to sign a new striker and get Chuks fit
    The former more likely than the latter but both as likely as  euro lottery win. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Bailey said:
    If they can postpone all football until January, we might be able to sign a new striker and get Chuks fit
    The former more likely than the latter but both as likely as  euro lottery win. 
    Chucks was fit to play last week, but carry on.

Was he?? Good news if true where has that been said?

Hopefully Garner has learned a lesson about Chuks and won't overplay him. Think the injury is slightly down to him not appreciating how fragile Chuks is and keeping him on in that friendly when it was clear he was shot in the first half.