Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Bailey said:
    If they can postpone all football until January, we might be able to sign a new striker and get Chuks fit
    The former more likely than the latter but both as likely as  euro lottery win. 
    Chucks was fit to play last week, but carry on.

Was he?? Good news if true where has that been said?

Hopefully Garner has learned a lesson about Chuks and won't overplay him. Think the injury is slightly down to him not appreciating how fragile Chuks is and keeping him on in that friendly when it was clear he was shot in the first half.
    Have a look at the Chucks thread 👍
  • Options
    No more signings.
    Close the thread before the meltdown begins 😬
  • Options
    Confirms a lot.

Thread closed till January please!
  • Options
    I’m not that bothered by this.  I think anyone who comes in won’t make enough of a difference.  It’s not like we were likely to get anyone better than Stockley, which we need (imo).  I think we’re just likely to bring in a body.  The mistake was in assuming Stockley can lead the line and lack of preparation as a whole.  Getting someone in now, unless a Kermorgant, would just be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted 
  • Options
    No surprise that, as no decent free agent strikers, who might join us, are out there anyway. 
  • Options
    It would seem we are not getting a proper striker 
    as we have missed the deadline yet again.
    some less optimistic fans to myself think promotion is now highly unlikely and attendance at the Valley will slowly decline.
    I say that if we are  in the top 8/10
    by January and if our Ego driven owner invests 
    in a proper Striker then we will see, as Goals get results get points 👍
    we are all so used to lies, Bullshit and broken promises that anything could happen 🤮

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    some less optimistic fans to myself think promotion is now highly unlikely and attendance at the Valley will slowly decline.
    we are all so used to lies, Bullshit and broken promises that anything could happen 🤮

I think the crowds just plummeted 😊
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

You're aware that 'striker' was Macauley Bonne?  Proper?  Might he have made a silkier purse out of the sow's ear that passed for service in to Miles Leaburn last night?
    All ifs and maybes as Skintgaard pulled the rug and we're lumbered with our rabble of League 2 free transfers, youngsters, outcasts and crocks.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    1968CAFC said:

You're aware that 'striker' was Macauley Bonne?  Proper?  Might he have made a silkier purse out of the sow's ear that passed for service in to Miles Leaburn last night?
    All ifs and maybes as Skintgaard pulled the rug and we're lumbered with our rabble of League 2 free transfers, youngsters, outcasts and crocks.
    It was QPR that pulled the rug nothing to do with Charlton .. plus we only went after Bonne because BG number one target got his move to a championship club 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Bailey said:
    If they can postpone all football until January, we might be able to sign a new striker and get Chuks fit
    The former more likely than the latter but both as likely as  euro lottery win. 
    Chucks was fit to play last week, but carry on.
    Was he ? And last Night ? 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    1968CAFC said:

Misinformation.
    'Pulled the rug'? Making things up doesn't help.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    1968CAFC said:

It was QPR that pulled the rug nothing to do with Charlton .. plus we only went after Bonne because BG number one target got his move to a championship club 
    So we went all transfer window chasing Scully then on deadline day he went to Wigan we turned to Bonne? If so what a plan.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Billy_Mix said:
    1968CAFC said:

So we went all transfer window chasing Scully then on deadline day he went to Wigan we turned to Bonne? If so what a plan.
    Things are getting strange Im starting to worry.
    This could be a case of Bonne and Scully. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    1968CAFC said:

Was not Scully .. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    1968CAFC said:

Was not Scully .. 
    How would you know?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    1968CAFC said:

Was not Scully .. 
    How would you know?
    He has his private source’s……..evidently. 🙄🫤🤨
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were never going to sign Bonne, it was all smoke and mirrors to keep the fans happy. 
    The fans were NOT happy about signing Bonne!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    We were never going to sign Bonne, it was all smoke and mirrors to keep the fans happy. 
    Some were.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Some were.
    If you're going to pull off a plan like that you'd probably pick a better player.
  • Options
    Reading have re-signed Andy Carroll on a short term deal, he had short spells at both Reading and WBA last season
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Some were.
    If you're going to pull off a plan like that you'd probably pick a better player.
    If you knew anything about football you would...

Despite Ronny's info to the contrary (I can't believe I had to say that) we had been working on a deal for Scully for months.  That is where the Gilbey rumour came form, I actually think that's where the "Gilbey told he could leave" story came from.  It was that long in the making.

I understand that we spent the last 2 or 3 days of the window trying, and failing, to make "chains".  When all else failed it's was left to Gallen's little black book, that's when Bonne came in.

There might be frustration from Garner, and the players, that we didn't sign x or y.  There is certainly frustration that they were all offered up like second hand cars.

There is, in my opinion, more to the last team selection than meets the eye.  It will all come out in wash.  Or not.  Only time will tell.
    Sounds worryingly like an unhappy camp.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    The squad must know they need help. They don't have two senior full-backs or two senior strikers who can regularly start games. I'm sure they're just as pissed off as we are. 
  • Options
    It will be interesting if fit to play Chuks makes the bench tomorrow. It shouldn't be a too challenging bench to make if he is not injured.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Some were.

Despite Ronny's info to the contrary (I can't believe I had to say that) we had been working on a deal for Scully for months.  That is where the Gilbey rumour came form, I actually think that's where the "Gilbey told he could leave" story came from.  It was that long in the making.

I understand that we spent the last 2 or 3 days of the window trying, and failing, to make "chains".  When all else failed it's was left to Gallen's little black book, that's when Bonne came in.

There might be frustration from Garner, and the players, that we didn't sign x or y.  There is certainly frustration that they were all offered up like second hand cars.

There is, in my opinion, more to the last team selection than meets the eye.  It will all come out in wash.  Or not.  Only time will tell.
    Little black book ? Has martins little black box been made redundant as well ?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Some were.

Sorry if I’m missing the point but can you provide some further clarity on the team selection point? Do you mean that there could have been some meddling from above? 

As good as he is been in the Cup games, I was very surprised by the Chin selection and it did make me wonder a bit….