Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Is it time for a January rumours thread?
  • Options
    Anneke will be fit during January window 2023😁
  • Options
    Pointless really. Lot of expectation unfulfilled again.
  • Options
    You may as well get your excuses bingo cards ready.
  • Options
    It is if it means this thread closes.
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    When do we get the Inter Milan reserves?
    Yeh, what happened to them?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Shame Aneke won’t be though 🙁
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ross1 said:
    Shame Aneke won’t be though 🙁
    C'mon eveyone knows it's A&Eke...

Please no rumour thread in January, so demoralising but it's like catnip to me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only 26 here but still 40 mins to get a pint. 
  • Options
    Only 26 here but still 40 mins to get a pint. 
    And I bet it was the wrong pint and you had to change it.
  • Options
    I see the MK Dons fans are so far rather unimpressed with Jack Tucker who it seems we wanted.
  • Options
    I saw Cole Stockton has only played 3 times this season, I have 3 questions
    1) is that due to injury
    2) did he sign that new contract 
    3) if no to the above wouldn’t he be a cheap option in jan if his contract is up 

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    1) is that due to injury
    3) if no to the above wouldn’t he be a cheap option in jan if his contract is up 

He's only missed four games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cole-stockton/leistungsdaten/spieler/213398

Hasnt scored in any of them, so guess thats why no big club were interested in the summer
    Ah the website I was using must have been wrong, I’d imagine based on league position morecambe have also created less but that’s just speculation on my part 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    1) is that due to injury

He's only missed four games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cole-stockton/leistungsdaten/spieler/213398

Hasnt scored in any of them, so guess thats why no big club were interested in the summer
    Ah the website I was using must have been wrong, I’d imagine based on league position morecambe have also created less but that’s just speculation on my part 
    Yeah its quite possible they've lost the bloke who was creating their chances last season
  • Options
    So a CB, LB, Striker and Keeper (if Wooly will be out for any period).  Jan minimum. That is 3-4 players. All were painfully obvious before the season started too.
    Think we have 3 loan spots left, maybe we will use them all.
  • Options
    So a CB, LB, Striker and Keeper (if Wooly will be out for any period).  Jan minimum. That is 3-4 players. All were painfully obvious before the season started too.
    I would very much doubt that we will need a keeper in January unless another one gets injured. A fractured finger, unless there are particular complications, takes 3-4 weeks in normally circumstances and 6 at the very most. It is 7 weeks from the time Woolacott injured the finger 'til the January window and the injury won't prevent him from generally keeping fit. There is also the emergency keeper loan facility if things really get desperate I believe.

But, as you say, a CB, LB and forward are priorities. Although as we know, TS hasn't always seen and met the obvious needs of this squad and will no doubt expect one or two to be shifted out in order to make way for any new recruits. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I would very much doubt that we will need a keeper in January unless another one gets injured. A fractured finger, unless there are particular complications, takes 3-4 weeks in normally circumstances and 6 at the very most. It is 7 weeks from the time Woolacott injured the finger 'til the January window and the injury won't prevent him from generally keeping fit. There is also the emergency keeper loan facility if things really get desperate I believe.

But, as you say, a CB, LB and forward are priorities. Although as we know, TS hasn't always seen and met the obvious needs of this squad and will no doubt expect one or two to be shifted out in order to make way for any new recruits. 
    We haven't really got any spare have we?  What we haven't got is due to not having enough?

Obviously there are 2 or 3 obvious upgrades we could do but I would suspect they wouldn't be cheap to do and essy to get the incumbent out.
  • Options
    We need to start getting a list of Championship players that aren't getting many minutes. Especially in that LB/CB role. 

Striker you do need to take a bit of time to get the right person, otherwise we're stuck with a Stockley again. 
  • Options
    We need to start getting a list of Championship players that aren't getting many minutes. Especially in that LB/CB role. 

Striker you do need to take a bit of time to get the right person, otherwise we're stuck with a Stockley again. 
    Would require money, which TS doesn't have. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    J BLOCK said:

Would require money, which TS doesn't have. 
    If the right players are available there is some money to spend.  might not be a lot but there is some available
  • Options
    What we need: Retain all current players. Sign a starting CB, starting striker and a back up LB.  

What I think will happen: Lose Leaburn and Rak-Sakyi. Bring in a loanee CB and loanee striker from Prem teams, so a net loss in the squad. 
  • Options
    To be fair we then signed Thomas giving us 4 senior centre backs. Under the squad cap and playing a back 4 having 5 would be a waste of wages and a spot.

We shouldn’t need 3 senior keepers either. I wouldn’t expect that even if we had a billionaire owner splashing the cash.

Agree on a striker and LB of course.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    What we need: Retain all current players. Sign a starting CB, starting striker and a back up LB.  

What I think will happen: Lose Leaburn and Rak-Sakyi. Bring in a loanee CB and loanee striker from Prem teams, so a net loss in the squad. 
    I don't think either of them will go - JRS might do if someone else wants him but he's not really at that Gallagher level where he's going to be in demand midseason IMO.

Leaburn probably would but his time out injured might mean we hold onto him until the end of the season.

I think JFC may go and maybe DJ if anyone will have him. But otherwise we can't really afford to lose anyone 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Smithy said:

I don't think either of them will go - JRS might do if someone else wants him but he's not really at that Gallagher level where he's going to be in demand midseason IMO.

Leaburn probably would but his time out injured might mean we hold onto him until the end of the season.

I think JFC may go and maybe DJ if anyone will have him. But otherwise we can't really afford to lose anyone 
    Probably TOTALLY wide of the mark but I'm fervently hoping that Dobbo isn't a player that maybe Championship clubs are salivating over at present.

IMO, he's not been his usual 100% self in the past couple of games & hence, my fertile imagination is now working overtime.

Hopefully though, his slight dip in form is due to the number of important matches he's been involved in of late and this week will, hopefully, enable him to recharge his batteries in readiness for Port Vale. 

However, should TS have received enquiries & even talked potential transfer fees with A N Other club, George would presumably be aware of this interest & as such, be unsettled. 

He is, after all, one of our most coveted players....

And I can't believe our owner would look a gift horse in the mouth should the opportunity arise to swell his coffers. 
  • Options
    LB definitely needed, if nothing else for giving us the option of playing Sessegnon on the right with Egbo out long term.

CB if McConnell and Thomas are long term issues, otherwise not a priority.

Another striker, yes please.

Sorting out the excess of midfielders, especially with a number out of contract at the end of the season such as JFC, Morgan and Henry (plus Dobson just having the 1 year extension).  Who do we want to keep, who is surplus, can we loan out anybody?

What happens with AMB, will he go back out on loan to Gillingham, or has that ship sailed? Is Clayden good enough, and if not should be try to move him on?