Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Keeper can be covered by emergency loans if need be. 

Left back is a must, as is a striker seeing as we wanted one in the Summer and didn't fill that gap. If Egbo is out for the season, another full back is needed IMO, even if a loan til the end of the season, as a squad option, and you get whoever is best left or right and play Sessegnon on the opposite side. 

I'd also look to move one or two on if possible, especially if we have no interest in playing them (JFC for example) 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We need to start getting a list of Championship players that aren't getting many minutes. Especially in that LB/CB role. 

Striker you do need to take a bit of time to get the right person, otherwise we're stuck with a Stockley again. 
    Would require money, which TS doesn't have. 
    Source?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Smithy said:
    What we need: Retain all current players. Sign a starting CB, starting striker and a back up LB.  

What I think will happen: Lose Leaburn and Rak-Sakyi. Bring in a loanee CB and loanee striker from Prem teams, so a net loss in the squad. 
    I don't think either of them will go - JRS might do if someone else wants him but he's not really at that Gallagher level where he's going to be in demand midseason IMO.

Leaburn probably would but his time out injured might mean we hold onto him until the end of the season.

I think JFC may go and maybe DJ if anyone will have him. But otherwise we can't really afford to lose anyone 
    Probably TOTALLY wide of the mark but I'm fervently hoping that Dobbo isn't a player that maybe Championship clubs are salivating over at present.

IMO, he's not been his usual 100% self in the past couple of games & hence, my fertile imagination is now working overtime.

Hopefully though, his slight dip in form is due to the number of important matches he's been involved in of late and this week will, hopefully, enable him to recharge his batteries in readiness for Port Vale. 

However, should TS have received enquiries & even talked potential transfer fees with A N Other club, George would presumably be aware of this interest & as such, be unsettled. 

He is, after all, one of our most coveted players....

And I can't believe our owner would look a gift horse in the mouth should the opportunity arise to swell his coffers. 
    He's just a bit tired...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Smithy said:
    What we need: Retain all current players. Sign a starting CB, starting striker and a back up LB.  

What I think will happen: Lose Leaburn and Rak-Sakyi. Bring in a loanee CB and loanee striker from Prem teams, so a net loss in the squad. 
    I don't think either of them will go - JRS might do if someone else wants him but he's not really at that Gallagher level where he's going to be in demand midseason IMO.

Leaburn probably would but his time out injured might mean we hold onto him until the end of the season.

I think JFC may go and maybe DJ if anyone will have him. But otherwise we can't really afford to lose anyone 
    Probably TOTALLY wide of the mark but I'm fervently hoping that Dobbo isn't a player that maybe Championship clubs are salivating over at present.

IMO, he's not been his usual 100% self in the past couple of games & hence, my fertile imagination is now working overtime.

Hopefully though, his slight dip in form is due to the number of important matches he's been involved in of late and this week will, hopefully, enable him to recharge his batteries in readiness for Port Vale. 

However, should TS have received enquiries & even talked potential transfer fees with A N Other club, George would presumably be aware of this interest & as such, be unsettled. 

He is, after all, one of our most coveted players....

And I can't believe our owner would look a gift horse in the mouth should the opportunity arise to swell his coffers. 
    He's just a bit tired...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:
    We need to start getting a list of Championship players that aren't getting many minutes. Especially in that LB/CB role. 

Striker you do need to take a bit of time to get the right person, otherwise we're stuck with a Stockley again. 
    Source?
    As of November 7, 2022

What is Thomas Sandgaard's Net Worth?

The current estimated net worth of Zynex Inc's President, Thomas Sandgaard, is estimated to be about $43.58M. Thomas Sandgaard owns about 12,682,000 units of Zynex Inc common stock. In the last 3 years at Zynex Inc, Thomas Sandgaard has sold an estimated value of $40.05M worth.

https://www.benzinga.com/sec/insider-trades/zyxi/thomas-sandgaard
  • Options
    th0rryy said:
    Whilst Dobson is a player that we here can all see the inherent value in, the fact remains that he is probably still a little one-dimensional for most clubs in the lower / middle of the Championship. Don't get me wrong - I love him and I think he is a great, hard-working footballer (easily my favourite within this squad), but I think he might struggle making any significant step up. For the size of the club and the adoration he has here, I feel that it would need to be a really good offer to come in to either make him want to go or just too much for us, financially, to refuse. I don't feel his head has been turned, but he has played an awful lot of football for us and remains very pivotal to our success. I sincerely hope he doesn't end up going anywhere.

Regarding Stockton, I still think he could do a job for us and his downturn in form should not be too much of a concern. It was clear that the lad was angling for a move in August and the club were playing hardball over his value - this has ended up with him probably leaving on a free in the summer, rather than for the fee they were looking for. He remains one of the better L1 strikers I have seen in terms of hold-up play and movement, and the amount of goals he scored last season suggests it was not entirely fluke. I remain a fan of his from our perspective, and I think he would do the current Stockley role better than anyone else in the squad. I doubt he'll ever get close to the goals he got last term, but I think 10+ is still in his locker. Remains good enough for us in L1, but not any higher.

We were short a striker, even with Washington imo. Defense remains too shaky to have a sustained pop at anything above playoff edges. I trust us to find the players, but I don't trust TS to spend anything to get what we need. I hope this doesn't become too much of a sore point for Garner or any other semi-decent/young'un players who don't want to stick around in L1 mediocrity much longer.
    Or he could have just reverted back to the mean of his entire career. I didn’t think he was worth the risk, for money, over the summer, and I certainly don’t think he is now.

Id much prefer us to go for someone like Scully on loan as it sounds like he has not settled at Wigan. But if we are not going back to 4-3-3, and sticking with 4-4-2, then we probably need someone with a bit more physicality. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    The fact we’re shit? Went into the season 2/3 players short 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    As of November 7, 2022

The current estimated net worth of Zynex Inc's President, Thomas Sandgaard, is estimated to be about $43.58M. Thomas Sandgaard owns about 12,682,000 units of Zynex Inc common stock. In the last 3 years at Zynex Inc, Thomas Sandgaard has sold an estimated value of $40.05M worth.

Based purely on his company share trading, so you're wrong :)
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    The fact we’re shit? Went into the season 2/3 players short 
    Nice :)
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    As of November 7, 2022

See also last transfer window and how we've gone from 'premier league in 5 years' to 'operation breakeven'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    I like to stick to the facts. The spending has slowed. Whether it now stops, time will tell.

Scaremongering is shite... 

It stopped in the summer...
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    As of November 7, 2022

We've done this quote before. It's what is technically known as absolute bollocks. Zynex stock is currently $13.50. So, IF the amount of stock he holds is quoted correctly, that's $171mn alone.

Edited to add: It's even more of a load of crap than a first reading would indicate. Sandgaard holds nearly 15mn shares in Zynex. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    I like to stick to the facts. The spending has slowed. Whether it now stops, time will tell.

I assume, because it never happened, it could of course be complete fallacy, but if the Scully rumours *were* true that we *were* in for him or he was our top target - then we would have been paying a fee for him, no?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    As of November 7, 2022

I wonder what his property portfolio is. Or his shareholdings in other stocks or businesses. Or his other assets. I'd imagine someone that rich isn't going to have even 50% of his true net worth holed up in one spot?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:

I assume, because it never happened, it could of course be complete fallacy, but if the Scully rumours *were* true that we *were* in for him or he was our top target - then we would have been paying a fee for him, no?
    Depends how we planned to pay for it.  I don't think it's a coincidence Gilbey was hawked to Lincoln 
  • Options

I wonder what his property portfolio is. Or his shareholdings in other stocks or businesses. Or his other assets. I'd imagine someone that rich isn't going to have even 50% of his true net worth holed up in one spot?
    His shares in CAFC must be worth a shed load 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    As of November 7, 2022

Maybe although I think I am right in saying Zynex made him rich? So assuming he was of very average wealth beforehand AND if the article about selling $40M is right then if £20M went on us that leaves about $18M, (so £16M) "other".  He will have spent some on a nice house and car no doubt plus quite a bit on his musical hobby so there would not be that much left to invest into other sectors.  

Of course most people who create and float a business will have made a huge amount on the IPO and I don't have any idea what free float there was at that point / what he took out and whether that is included in the $40M (assuming that number is even correct).
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    As of November 7, 2022

Maybe although I think I am right in saying Zynex made him rich? So assuming he was of very average wealth beforehand AND if the article about selling $40M is right then if £20M went on us that leaves about $18M, (so £16M) "other".  He will have spent some on a nice house and car no doubt plus quite a bit on his musical hobby so there would not be that much left to invest into other sectors.  

Of course most people who create and float a business will have made a huge amount on the IPO and I don't have any idea what free float there was at that point / what he took out and whether that is included in the $40M (assuming that number is even correct).
    Those numbers in the post I replied to aren't correct. He's worth much more than that.
  • Options
    God, I have no idea why you are all speculating on who we are likely to bring in.

The answer is nobody. Certainly wont be spending any money & seeing as contracts usually run out in the summer there wont be any freebies lurking around (which was our modus operandi in the summer)

2 loans is my guess. Bonne & a left back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God, I have no idea why you are all speculating on who we are likely to bring in.

The answer is nobody. Certainly wont be spending any money & seeing as contracts usually run out in the summer there wont be any freebies lurking around (which was our modus operandi in the summer)

Didn't we pick up the likes of Williams on a free in Jan as Palace paid up his contract. There will be freebies and good loan players to have and it is fun to speculate even if it all turns out to be doom.
  • Options
    Can someone change the thread to title to January window or start a new one please, sorry I know it’s petty :(
  • Options
    barstool said:

His shares in CAFC must be worth a shed.
    😉
  • Options
    Throwing a couple of names out there.

Tolaji Bola at Rotherham. An ex Arsenal academy left back / left sided central defender. We were linked with him before he joined Rotherham where he has hardly played.

Michael Hector. Centre Back and free agent. Been trialling at Luton and Reading
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Tolaji Bola at Rotherham. An ex Arsenal academy left back / left sided central defender. We were linked with him before he joined Rotherham where he has hardly played.

Hector was a very good player.

For what it's worth I think we will buy a player and get two loans in.  Everything else will then be on a one in one put basis.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:

Source?
    As of November 7, 2022

Not as much as you might think. And certainly less than a Victorian terraced house in East Greenwich would cost you.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Bola is a decent player and would be worth an inquiry.

Hector likewise, but he has been available for a while and hasn’t signed anywhere. Is he holding out for a Prem/Champ contract?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:

We’re breaking even already? Wow. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:

It stopped in the summer...  wrong again! Jeez
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Speaking as fact again, when you really don't know, do you...