Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    I'd like to see Leaburn given a chance, but wouldnt be totally against seeing JRS as a false 9
    CBT as a 9? Certainly has the pace to unsettle defenders. Lob a few ball over the top?

Cant wait to se CBT get on the ball over the top and then put it wide from 4 yards!
    Practic, practice, practice. 
  • Gallen can't of left yet.  Pictured at Sparrows this morning!

• cfgs said:
    Terell Thomas has signed.
    Have to ask yourself why Wimbledon, Crewe and Reading have all let me go in fairly quick order. Hope he proves me wrong but looks like a desperation signing.
  • cfgs said:
    Have to ask yourself why Wimbledon, Crewe and Reading have all let me go in fairly quick order. Hope he proves me wrong but looks like a desperation signing.
    definition of desperation signing, no other real viable cheap option, was basically him or nothing, still hope he does well mind
  • edited September 2022
    cfgs said:
    It is a bit but if it allows Clare to continue at RB while Egbo is out, then it makes a lot of sense. It also allows Elewere to properly get his teeth into his season at Wealdstone rather than sit on our bench/play occasionally. 
  • Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:
    definition of desperation signing, no other real viable cheap option, was basically him or nothing, still hope he does well mind
    He was with Wimbledon for three seasons. Hardly quick order.
    doesn't change the fact its a desperation signing, we are desperate for a CB, and have no other options lol
  • In that photo he looks like someone who’s farted in a lift and someone else got the blame
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    cfgs said:
    He turned down a new contract from Wimbledon.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-terell-thomas-wimbledon-5608984.amp

The tweets I shared above show he perhaps wasn’t happy at Crewe for whatever reason.

Reading as a Championship club signed him for a couple of months as cover. They then brought in Sarr this summer which shows they were shopping in a completely different market.

Not saying it’ll work out for us but he was doing well for Wimbledon at this level which gives him a chance.
    Fair play Scoham. I was reading from the stats alone and am immediately suspicious because of the disastrous end to the window...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Even if Stockley is shite in training he is still going to start. He’s the only fit senior striker at the club…..that’s a large part of the problem. He has no competition at all (bar Leaburn who is not ready to start many games).

We desperately need Chuks back to avoid this being another wasted season. 
    Don't be so sure!
    ??
    Rumours Stockley is injured 
    I will laugh my arse of if true. 
    I won’t, I’ll be annoyed because I’m a charlton fan who wants us to do well.

Each to their own n all that.
    As I keep saying, I want us to do well, but its laughable that we go into a season with just 2 fit strikers & then can't even strengthen on deadline day. We had 4 months to add to the 3 strikers we have......but didnt. No point moaning about it now so I just laugh. The owner thinks this is the way to go so why doubt him.....
  • edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Even if Stockley is shite in training he is still going to start. He’s the only fit senior striker at the club…..that’s a large part of the problem. He has no competition at all (bar Leaburn who is not ready to start many games).

Don't be so sure!
    ??

As I keep saying, I want us to do well, but its laughable that we go into a season with just 2 fit strikers & then can't even strengthen on deadline day. We had 4 months to add to the 3 strikers we have......but didnt. No point moaning about it now so I just laugh. The owner thinks this is the way to go so why doubt him.....
    Some of Sandgaard's outrageous statements are more believable than this!
  • So if/once we get the forward in on a free transfer, that will be the class of 22/23 confirmed.

Mac
    Wollacott

Clare
    O’Connell
    Thomas
    Lavelle
    Inniss
    Egbo
    Sessegnon

Dobson
    McGrandles
    JFC
    Payne
    Morgan
    Fraser
    CBT
    Kirk
    DJ
    JRS

Aneke
    Leaburn
    Stockley
    ???

I know there’s a couple of youngsters like Henry, Clayden and Ness on the fringes, but what do we think?  Is that a squad capable of promotion?
  • Gallen can't of left yet.  Pictured at Sparrows this morning!

Work of the Sopranos?
  • cabbles said:
    So if/once we get the forward in on a free transfer, that will be the class of 22/23 confirmed.

Mac
    Wollacott

Clare
    O’Connell
    Thomas
    Lavelle
    Inniss
    Egbo
    Sessegnon

Dobson
    McGrandles
    JFC
    Payne
    Morgan
    Fraser
    CBT
    Kirk
    DJ
    JRS

Aneke
    Leaburn
    Stockley
    ???

I know there’s a couple of youngsters like Henry, Clayden and Ness on the fringes, but what do we think?  Is that a squad capable of promotion?
    Unlikely and certainly not with our injury record,  but it might keep us close to the play off mix come January, then it is up to TS as to whether he wants to strengthen by actually spending on transfer fees which he didn't do in the last window.
  • Striker or two light 
  • Definitely not a squad good enough for the automatics, our best bet is to be in touch of 6th so that in January we can strengthen IF finances allow.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    IR94 said:
    Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:
    doesn't change the fact its a desperation signing, we are desperate for a CB, and have no other options lol
    Definition of shifting goalposts. "I may be wrong, but I'm still right".
  • edited September 2022
  • IR94 said:
    Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:
    ok he was our prime target
  • IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    Redrobo said:
    IR94 said:
    cfgs said:
    ok he was our prime target
    Are those the choices then? "Left Wimbledon Crewe and Reading in quick order" or "prime target "? Neither true.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??

So why is virtually everything you post moaning about the situation then? If there is no point moaning about it perhaps you could change the record?

I wasn't moaning earlier. I simply said I'd laugh if Stockley was out injured. Another poster jumped on that comment & so I replied. 

If you happen to read my comments when I post I don't usually moan. I simply point out some home truths that people don't like to hear. 
    The thing is, more people have come over to your way of thinking so less people attack you for it. Some people will always shoot the messenger sadly.  
  • edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    Dazzler21 said:

Don't be so sure!
    ??
    You can say that again 

Doh … Beaten to it by @EugenesAxe