Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    I’ve got a weird thing against having two left footers in midfield in the side at the same time. It just doesn’t seem right somehow?
    I think it's fine, after all in a midfield three you're going to have two players with the same preferred foot. I don't think Dobson, JFC and Fraser work though. I'd have Dobson in front of the defence and then someone alongside Fraser supporting the front three. That player needs to be capable of chipping in with goals. I'd then have JFC as cover for both Dobson and Fraser. 
    I'd like to see Dobson JFC and Fraser for more than 1 game before writing it off. I think its got the makings of a great midfield.
    I'm not "writing it off", just don't agree it has the potential to be a great midfield. Fraser can score goals but I think he'll need someone also capable of chipping in next to him. We probably also need a bit of energy/presence. Either way, if you're going to play a 3 then we need plenty of options anyway, so need one quality addition. 
    JFC can definitely chip in with goals
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’ve got a weird thing against having two left footers in midfield in the side at the same time. It just doesn’t seem right somehow?
    I think it's fine, after all in a midfield three you're going to have two players with the same preferred foot. I don't think Dobson, JFC and Fraser work though. I'd have Dobson in front of the defence and then someone alongside Fraser supporting the front three. That player needs to be capable of chipping in with goals. I'd then have JFC as cover for both Dobson and Fraser. 
    I'd like to see Dobson JFC and Fraser for more than 1 game before writing it off. I think its got the makings of a great midfield.
    I'm not "writing it off", just don't agree it has the potential to be a great midfield. Fraser can score goals but I think he'll need someone also capable of chipping in next to him. We probably also need a bit of energy/presence. Either way, if you're going to play a 3 then we need plenty of options anyway, so need one quality addition. 
    So long as he's finally over his frankly baffling run of bad luck with injuries...
  • Linked with a Brighton player called Marc Leonard. Rumour from Brighton forum I think.
    https://twitter.com/seagullscentral/status/1533690409746059267?s=21&t=HXuOeGlqbKHgRh7OaTWUCw
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m looking for more than about 4 from a CM to be honest. 5 from two of your three CMs isn’t great. Puts so much pressure on the attacking players. It’s been a problem for us for years now. 
  • edited June 2022
    So if there are replacements. Based on the rumours these are the gaps. I haven't included Burstow, Castillo or John. 

Gunter =
    Matthews =
    Soaure =
    Famewo =
    Pearce =
    Watson = Bostock? 
    Washington = Marquis? 
    Leko =
    Lee is he signing?
  • Scoham said:
    Our owner wants us to play possession based dynamic passing football, it is likely we are going to be bringing in a young progressive manager whose team had the number one stats in the relevant areas in league last season. 

Why wouldn’t we be linked with a player, on a free, who had the 4th highest pass success rate in the league last year, and by all means is a local lad and player we have looked to sign in the past?

Does not seem that out there a bit of business to me. 

Well said... it is not as though he cannot play so why make a scape goat of him before he arrives and plays.
    No one has made Bostock a scapegoat. Having doubts about whether a player relegated with Doncaster who also spent a lot of time out injured would be a good signing isn’t scapegoating at all. We already have two players in Inniss and Aneke who struggle to play twice a week, Bostock would likely be another.
     Your last statement is on the way to making him a scape goat 🐐.  

He certainly plays more regularly than Sick note Aneke. 
    As usual, that's incorrect. 
    We saw Aneke how many times and how many of those were 90 mins  ? 
    Aneke played 31 times last season, which was 6 more games than Bostock. The season before he played 41, 23 times more than Bostock. You have to go back to 2016/2017 to find a season where Bostock played more games than Aneke. 

Admittedly, Aneke does struggle to play 90 minutes but the fact is he impacts games regardless of whether he starts or not. That's the stat that really matters, not how long he plays for. 
    He struggles to play 25 minutes.  Perhaps he makes up for it by working from home ?😃
    He done a lot more in his "25 minutes" than Bogle did starting. I appreciate you've got a real issue with a player not being able to start, I actually get that, but surely you can understand it's all about what he does when he is on the pitch? Ultimately, that is what determines whether he's successful and whether he's an asset.
    Why introduce Bogle... that is not the argument. 
    I have a problem  with a player who can not start or cannot finish a game but this bloke cost £300k . How many minutes did he do at Birmingham ?  The number of games may be immaterial if it is low and ask yourself this. Bowyer was quick to return him but why ?
    The argument is about how effective Aneke is, despite his lack of minutes. I’d rather an Aneke than a Bogle, wouldn’t you? 

Him costing 300k is not Aneke’s fault. 

Why introduce Birmingham, that is not the argument. They are in the league above, I don’t care how effective he was there, I only care about how good he is for us in League 1. He’s proven how good he can be, that’s a fact. 
  • edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    Our owner wants us to play possession based dynamic passing football, it is likely we are going to be bringing in a young progressive manager whose team had the number one stats in the relevant areas in league last season. 

Why wouldn’t we be linked with a player, on a free, who had the 4th highest pass success rate in the league last year, and by all means is a local lad and player we have looked to sign in the past?

Well said... it is not as though he cannot play so why make a scape goat of him before he arrives and plays.
    No one has made Bostock a scapegoat. Having doubts about whether a player relegated with Doncaster who also spent a lot of time out injured would be a good signing isn’t scapegoating at all. We already have two players in Inniss and Aneke who struggle to play twice a week, Bostock would likely be another.

Aneke played 31 times last season, which was 6 more games than Bostock. The season before he played 41, 23 times more than Bostock. You have to go back to 2016/2017 to find a season where Bostock played more games than Aneke. 

Admittedly, Aneke does struggle to play 90 minutes but the fact is he impacts games regardless of whether he starts or not. That's the stat that really matters, not how long he plays for. 
    He struggles to play 25 minutes.  Perhaps he makes up for it by working from home ?😃
    He done a lot more in his "25 minutes" than Bogle did starting. I appreciate you've got a real issue with a player not being able to start, I actually get that, but surely you can understand it's all about what he does when he is on the pitch? Ultimately, that is what determines whether he's successful and whether he's an asset.
    I have a problem  with a player who can not start or cannot finish a game but this bloke cost £300k . How many minutes did he do at Birmingham ?  The number of games may be immaterial if it is low and ask yourself this. Bowyer was quick to return him but why ?
    Except the number of games is NOT low. That's exactly the point. He doesnt start and finish whole games but he actually played in a lot of them, and what he achieved in less time is easily comparable to a Washington style runner who covers lots of ground but has poorer records of goals/assists in relative terms.
  • thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

Except the number of games is NOT low. That's exactly the point. He doesnt start and finish whole games but he actually played in a lot of them. 
    Exactly. It’s undeniably a bit frustrating he cannot play a little longer but at least he gets the opportunity to have an impact on a lot of games. That’s still invaluable 
  • NabySarr said:
    Will Boyle has signed for Huddersfield. Was hoping we went for him as we really need left sided centre backs but obviously no chance if championship team in for him 
    And he started at Huddersfield 
  • NabySarr said:
    Will Boyle has signed for Huddersfield. Was hoping we went for him as we really need left sided centre backs but obviously no chance if championship team in for him 
    And he started at Huddersfield 
    I read that in a couple of posts down as well.....

How is Grayson getting on at Blackpool?
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

Except the number of games is NOT low. That's exactly the point. He doesnt start and finish whole games but he actually played in a lot of them. 
    Exactly. It’s undeniably a bit frustrating he cannot play a little longer but at least he gets the opportunity to have an impact on a lot of games. That’s still invaluable 
    When Chucks has started I don’t think he has been effective as when he comes on as a sub. Maybe because he feels the need to pace himself? 
    But totally agree his impact as a sub is significant both on the pitch and by giving the fans a lift, which makes him a valuable player to have in our squad. An absolute bargain at £300k. 
  • I'd say he has the ability and guile to get in behind, rather than pace.
  • Scoham said:

The argument is about how effective Aneke is, despite his lack of minutes. I’d rather an Aneke than a Bogle, wouldn’t you? 

Him costing 300k is not Aneke’s fault. 

Why introduce Birmingham, that is not the argument. They are in the league above, I don’t care how effective he was there, I only care about how good he is for us in League 1. He’s proven how good he can be, that’s a fact. 
    And her was me thinking it was about Bostock's fitness and Aneke's fitness.  It is patently obvious why I introduced  his short stay at Birmingham.  You raised his record for last season and included the games he appeared  in there when many were no bigger than a hobgoblin Cameo broach. 

I then mentioned  thst Bowyer prised him from his bond of loyalty to us who nurtured him through 2 seasons of mostly inactive wage claiming and then promptly threw him back when he realised he was not up to it.  Then we were further mugged by our own star struck delusions by having to pay £300k and take another equally ineffective player on loan from Chelsea. 

That meant another 2 wage bills, one of which actually  did less than Aneke. 
    Ok so how many minutes has Bostock played compared to Aneke over the last few years? You said Bostock "certainly plays more than sicknote Aneke". What are the stats then?
  • Bostock 20/21 Season - p25, gs0, ga2

Aneke 20/21 Season - P31, gs6, ga1 (of which p18, gs2, ga0 for Birmingham in the championship)
  • Huddersfield looking to sign Solihull Moors 6 ft 9 striker Kyle Hudlin.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18798986/huddersfield-striker-kyle-hudlin-transfer
  • Scoham said:
    Huddersfield looking to sign Solihull Moors 6 ft 9 striker Kyle Hudlin.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18798986/huddersfield-striker-kyle-hudlin-transfer
    He's 6'9" .... ????

I've got a mate who's 6'7" . We say to him, "Hey, Tyler - you're like a streetlight but not so bright".

• Scoham said:

Watched him in the play off final, he is awful!
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    So if there are replacements. Based on the rumours these are the gaps. I haven't included Burstow, Castillo or John. 

Gunter =
    Matthews =
    Soaure =
    Famewo =
    Pearce =
    Watson = Bostock? 
    Washington = Marquis? 
    Leko =
    Lee is he signing?
    Gunter is easy to replace. Anybody on here, one of the people that have done the crossbar challenge or somebody on a slate in the morgue.
  • Richard J said:

Gunter =
    Matthews =
    Soaure =
    Famewo =
    Pearce =
    Watson = Bostock? 
    Washington = Marquis? 
    Leko =
    Lee is he signing?
    Gunter is easy to replace. Anybody on here, one of the people that have done the crossbar challenge or somebody on a slate in the morgue.
    Papa Smurf would be better than Papa Soaure!
  • Richard J said:

Gunter =
    Matthews =
    Soaure =
    Famewo =
    Pearce =
    Watson = Bostock? 
    Washington = Marquis? 
    Leko =
    Lee is he signing?
    Papa Smurf would be better than Papa Soaure!
    If you can sort Papa Smurf out, I’ll get the person in the morgue - actually I think I’ve still got a fairy well preserved dead body in my chest freezer so that will save me a trip. 
  • Scoham said:

Huddersfield seem to have changed their strategy in recent years, targeting far more British lower league players rather than foreign ones, when you compare their current side with the one which got promoted to the PL. I imagine Brexit is a major reason for this

I watched Hudlin as Solihull won at Borehamwood, and the word gangly came to mind...
  • Lots of teams having trouble getting transfers over the line at the moment, including Welling.

• I doubt Huddersfield are really in for that 6 ft 9 striker, probably just agent talk so they hope a league 2 team comes in for him 
  • I doubt Huddersfield are really in for that 6 ft 9 striker, probably just agent talk so they hope a league 2 team comes in for him 
    A tall tale