Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Unclear whether that's magnificent bastardry or just bastardry
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He could be a good signing, young hungry, point to prove. I believe he was highly rated at WBA.. 
    That highly rated he went to Woking and Rochdale and is now 25??.....
    How old was vardy when he joined Leicester?

For every Vardy, Holt and Lambert there are thousands of players in their mid 20's who won't be capable of playing in League 1 and being a success, let alone Championship or the Premier.

This is where the good judges of footballers come into play but it's not an exact science and many times it's down to the players mentality when you watch players of similar ability in non-League.

Vardy was easily led as a youngster and got into trouble and both his Mum and step dad believe Jamie is still easily led !
  • Tbf he is right....anything is believed these days especially on social media. The fact MS was the man running things prob give it legs! 
  • Leuth said:
    Unclear whether that's magnificent bastardry or just bastardry
    It's a grown man making up rumours on social media. It's embarrassing. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    You must be fun at parties.
  • Tbf he is right....anything is believed these days especially on social media. The fact MS was the man running things prob give it legs! 
    Has that not always been the case though? If 20 years ago if you heard something from a Charlton fan would you not believe it? Social Media makes it easier to spread bullshit but most people take 99% of it with a pinch of salt. Don't think anything's changed, there's just more platforms for weirdos to make stuff up. Doing so doesn't really prove anything that nobody doesn't know, just makes you look a bit an idiot. 
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He could be a good signing, young hungry, point to prove. I believe he was highly rated at WBA.. 
    That highly rated he went to Woking and Rochdale and is now 25??.....
    How old was vardy when he joined Leicester?

For every Vardy, Holt and Lambert there are thousands of players in their mid 20's who won't be capable of playing in League 1 and being a success, let alone Championship or the Premier.

This is where the good judges of footballers come into play but it's not an exact science and many times it's down to the players mentality when you watch players of similar ability in non-League.

Vardy was easily led as a youngster and got into trouble and both his Mum and step dad believe Jamie is still easily led !
    But people on here are categorising him in the latter despite never seeing him play, or probably never hearing of him.
  • matt88 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    Basically Alan Nixon
    And Thomas Sandgaard…
  • Sponsored links:

Has that not always been the case though? If 20 years ago if you heard something from a Charlton fan would you not believe it? Social Media makes it easier to spread bullshit but most people take 99% of it with a pinch of salt. Don't think anything's changed, there's just more platforms for weirdos to make stuff up. Doing so doesn't really prove anything that nobody doesn't know, just makes you look a bit an idiot. 
    Its the general reaction of people believing it. You can believe something and wait for it to come about or you can believe it and be angry as shit about it, the latter is how it seems these days. 

I get what you mean, spreading a false rumour for the sake of it is daft but so are the reactions of people believing it. 
  • I like London init Geezer on Twitter and will admit that I checked the player and discovered he had Ben Garner links from West Brom which made me think it might be credible.

I am relieved it's not true. 
  • edited June 2022
    Tahvon Campbell was made up by that Mike Tyson fella, happy days.

Sheedy I'm sure you know this and maybe it's just the way your post comes across but Just to be clear, Tahvon Campbell is a 25 year old, 6ft 1in Journeyman footballer, but any one can put a random footballers name in the social media and people will run with it.
    There's a reason why it has to be a credible Journalist not just a random person for me.

The only reason I believed there were issues with the football infrastructure at Cafc was it came from the dressing room to me direct. Even then it's just that player's opinion.
    I thought mates bull shit each other (mine did !) So whether the mates at Swindon, Plymouth or Timbuktu Athletic it still could be rubbish. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    Because I don't find made up transfer rumours funny? Jesus 
    You seem rather pressed over one guy who made up a rumour. It's not that deep in all honesty 
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    You seem rather pressed over one guy who made up a rumour. It's not that deep in all honesty 
    Yes, very pressed here. 
  • edited June 2022
    shirty5 said:
    Sandgaard said Steve Gallen is the best negotiator he’s ever come across, so why is the son getting involved when he’s just the analyst? 
    Who says he is, other than Innit Geezer?
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    What on gods earth does pressed mean? 
  • edited June 2022
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:

angry/annoyed/irritated 
  • edited June 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:

angry/annoyed/irritated 
    Many thanks! Every day is a school day! 
  • Sorry if I've missed this and it's been discussed but does anyone how contracts are going to be handled this summer? Usually they end 30th June and if someone goes on a free they join up with their new clubs on 1st July. But this summer is obviously unusual because the season starts earlier and clubs will have played pre-season games by then. I'd guess if you sign someone then their contract starts when they begin training and their contract with their current club ends early. But could definitely play a factor in signing players because there's the temptation to sign them on 1st July and save yourself a few quid?
  • Sage said:
    Especially when they said they’re looking to bring in around 6 quality permanent signings of the same quality that Fraser came with. None of these are at that standard.

Whilst others in the league are signing players who have been promoted at least once in recent years from this division or played at a higher level Ladapo, Ball, Shipley, Wilks etc) we are apparently looking at/signing players who have been relegated from it or never played at this level…
    Martins black box has been hacked !

• Garner not ruling out raiding Swindon 
  • Louis Reed please
  • Garner not ruling out raiding Swindon 
    Upsteps Harry McKirdy maybe!
    Seen him play twice in the play off semis. First one he was brilliant. Second one he was invisible most of the game.
  • Give it two hours before the first moan