Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Garner not ruling out raiding Swindon 
    Upsteps Harry McKirdy maybe!
    Seen him play twice in the play off semis. First one he was brilliant. Second one he was invisible most of the game.
    I do agree with that for those 2. He just comes across as one of those players who you hate to play against but would love him on your team. Always felt this team needed a bit of that sort of player since Taylor left.
  • Tyrece Simpson is the one we should want from Swindon’s squad last season. Only 20 and wants to leave Ipswich. Definitely a better singing than Marquis would be 
  • NabySarr said:
    Tyrece Simpson is the one we should want from Swindon’s squad last season. Only 20 and wants to leave Ipswich. Definitely a better singing than Marquis would be 
    You're thinking of Tom Simpson. Is he joining Sandgaard rock?
  • Yes Louis Reed is the one to get. McKirdy i'm not sure on.
  • Assuming we are going to be paying some transfer fees for players, the asking prices are only going to increase if and when we receive a sell-on fee for Nick Pope - yet another reason (amongst the myriad of others) to try and do some business early.
  • Louis Reed please
    Unusual player.  Tigerish but strikes the ball extremely cleanly.  I'd need to see more of him but what I have seen has been impressive
  • Appreciate he's still young but is Louis Reed that good? Didn't do loads at Peterborough. Personally I'd prefer Jack Payne who scores a few more goals although I'm not sure either are good enough to be in a promotion winning League 1 midfield (admittedly I haven't seen either enough for a completely fair opinion). 
  • Kaine Kesler Hayden is another from last years Swindon team that we could get on loan and we need right backs. Remember watching him against Man City in the cup and he looked quality, really good in possession. Was at MK Dons second half of last season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Appreciate he's still young but is Louis Reed that good? Didn't do loads at Peterborough. Personally I'd prefer Jack Payne who scores a few more goals although I'm not sure either are good enough to be in a promotion winning League 1 midfield (admittedly I haven't seen either enough for a completely fair opinion). 
    Reed is more of a holding midfielder, Swindon fans were raving about him last season. Think he’d be good as cover/competition for Dobson and probably better than him on the ball but obviously not as good defensively as Dobson is. I’d be quite happy with Reed and Payne, upgrades on Gilbey and Morgan 
  • edited June 2022
    NabySarr said:
    Kaine Kesler Hayden is another from last years Swindon team that we could get on loan and we need right backs. Remember watching him against Man City in the cup and he looked quality, really good in possession. Was at MK Dons second half of last season 
    Good shout, I remember watching that game and thought the same. Wiki has him down as more of a wing-back but I think he played RB for Swindon so could be a good addition. He's also got a fond memory of the Valley as it was his first professional goal!
  • Swindon are going to get promoted at this rate! haha
  • NabySarr said:
    Tyrece Simpson is the one we should want from Swindon’s squad last season. Only 20 and wants to leave Ipswich. Definitely a better singing than Marquis would be 
    Agreed, I mentioned him a few weeks ago, he may be a little similar to Chuks though. 

Kesler-Hayden, Payne and McKirdy also worth looking at. 
  • edited June 2022
    Before the whole Swindon team is mentioned can I just be a party pooper and say that Swindon had a good season but they didn't win promotion from League 2 which means that these guys are all 4th tier players until they get a transfer.* They have to be good enough to be top 6 in League 1 not just mid table. That's way Davison will be an interesting challenge for Garner as he hasn't looked like a League 1 player so far.

Edited for the fucking obvious.
  • Once upon a time we talked about signing players from the World Cup or Euros. Now we're getting excited on raiding players from a side that finished 6th in League 2. Hopefully, in my lifetime too, we will get back to the former scenario. 
  • Once upon a time we talked about signing players from the World Cup or Euros. Now we're getting excited on raiding players from a side that finished 6th in League 2. Hopefully, in my lifetime too, we will get back to the former scenario. 
    Like Jonny Williams or Chris Gunter ;)
    No point signing anyone from the World Cup, they’ll miss at least a month of our season 
  • Richard J said:
    Garner would know Campbell from West Brom. I suspect that this would be his signing and not one for the red box. 
    Red box?

What have I missed, I thought it was black!
  • Sponsored links:

• Before the whole Swindon team is mentioned can I just be a party pooper and say that Swindon had a good season but they didn't win promotion from League 2 which means that these guys are all 4th tier players. They have to be good enough to be top 6 in League 1 not just mid table. That's way Davison will be an interesting challenge for Garner as he hasn't looked like a League 1 player so far 
    No it doesn't. If you put Mbappe in Burnley's team this season and they finished 14th does that mean he's a mid to lower Prem player?

This does get tedious.
    Until they get a move they are League 2 players. 
    The whole team can't suddenly become 3rd tier players. I'm sure a few could well go higher and if Garner feels any of them have talent to move up then let's hope the best ones come to Cafc; I hope that is clear enough for you.

Mbappe to Burnley must be worth a LOL.
  • Before the whole Swindon team is mentioned can I just be a party pooper and say that Swindon had a good season but they didn't win promotion from League 2 which means that these guys are all 4th tier players. They have to be good enough to be top 6 in League 1 not just mid table. That's way Davison will be an interesting challenge for Garner as he hasn't looked like a League 1 player so far 
    No it doesn't. If you put Mbappe in Burnley's team this season and they finished 14th does that mean he's a mid to lower Prem player?

This does get tedious.
    Until they get a move they are League 2 players. 
    The whole team can't suddenly become 3rd tier players. I'm sure a few could well go higher and if Garner feels any of them have talent to move up then let's hope the best ones come to Cafc; I hope that is clear enough for you.

Mbappe to Burnley must be worth a LOL.
    It's very simplistic to say they are League 2 players because they play for a League 2 club. The whole point of the debate is to discuss which of them could step up.

Who is suggesting we buy the whole team? I've seen five players mentioned, two of them were on loan from clubs higher up the pyramid and one of them didn't even end the season at Swindon. I hope that is clear enough for you. 
  • Before the whole Swindon team is mentioned can I just be a party pooper and say that Swindon had a good season but they didn't win promotion from League 2 which means that these guys are all 4th tier players until they get a transfer.* They have to be good enough to be top 6 in League 1 not just mid table. That's way Davison will be an interesting challenge for Garner as he hasn't looked like a League 1 player so far.

3 points off autos, it's hardly like there was a huge gulf between them and promotion.
    And really should have been in the play-off final too. Were in control of the pens, got a Charlton player to partially thank for missing out!
  • Before the whole Swindon team is mentioned can I just be a party pooper and say that Swindon had a good season but they didn't win promotion from League 2 which means that these guys are all 4th tier players until they get a transfer.* They have to be good enough to be top 6 in League 1 not just mid table. That's way Davison will be an interesting challenge for Garner as he hasn't looked like a League 1 player so far.

3 points off autos, it's hardly like there was a huge gulf between them and promotion.
    Yep, and Swindon started the new season slowly because they were still recruiting building the squad.
    When Garner rocked up there a few weeks before the season started, Swindon had only 7 players.

Late recruitment, eh? It begs the question that if Swindon had been able to start the season with more or less their  full strength squad, they could have clinched automatic promotion.

• reported that Sheffield Wednesday are 'keeping an eye on Stockley's situation at CAFC' .. IF IF he goes anywhere, I for one will be sorry .. for all his clumsiness, he is a wholehearted player and with the right service from midfield and out wide he will continue to score goals for us
  • sam3110 said:
    Oh didn't know that oops 😂

• Scoham said:
    Our owner wants us to play possession based dynamic passing football, it is likely we are going to be bringing in a young progressive manager whose team had the number one stats in the relevant areas in league last season. 

Why wouldn’t we be linked with a player, on a free, who had the 4th highest pass success rate in the league last year, and by all means is a local lad and player we have looked to sign in the past?

Does not seem that out there a bit of business to me. 

Well said... it is not as though he cannot play so why make a scape goat of him before he arrives and plays.
    No one has made Bostock a scapegoat. Having doubts about whether a player relegated with Doncaster who also spent a lot of time out injured would be a good signing isn’t scapegoating at all. We already have two players in Inniss and Aneke who struggle to play twice a week, Bostock would likely be another.
     Your last statement is on the way to making him a scape goat 🐐.  

He certainly plays more regularly than Sick note Aneke. 
    As usual, that's incorrect. 
    We saw Aneke how many times and how many of those were 90 mins  ? 
    Aneke played 31 times last season, which was 6 more games than Bostock. The season before he played 41, 23 times more than Bostock. You have to go back to 2016/2017 to find a season where Bostock played more games than Aneke. 

Admittedly, Aneke does struggle to play 90 minutes but the fact is he impacts games regardless of whether he starts or not. That's the stat that really matters, not how long he plays for. 
    He struggles to play 25 minutes.  Perhaps he makes up for it by working from home ?😃
    He done a lot more in his "25 minutes" than Bogle did starting. I appreciate you've got a real issue with a player not being able to start, I actually get that, but surely you can understand it's all about what he does when he is on the pitch? Ultimately, that is what determines whether he's successful and whether he's an asset.
    Why introduce Bogle... that is not the argument. 
    I have a problem  with a player who can not start or cannot finish a game but this bloke cost £300k . How many minutes did he do at Birmingham ?  The number of games may be immaterial if it is low and ask yourself this. Bowyer was quick to return him but why ?
    The argument is about how effective Aneke is, despite his lack of minutes. I’d rather an Aneke than a Bogle, wouldn’t you? 

Him costing 300k is not Aneke’s fault. 

Why introduce Birmingham, that is not the argument. They are in the league above, I don’t care how effective he was there, I only care about how good he is for us in League 1. He’s proven how good he can be, that’s a fact. 
    When he plays he is effective.  The problem is he doesn't play to often for  us does he ?
    We're just going round in circles. I'm past caring, if I ever did, whether you agree or not but I'm content with Aneke not being able to start games if it means he is available for lots of games. If Aneke was able to start games and play anywhere near like he does as a sub he wouldn't be with us in League 1. I'd much prefer him over a Ryan Inniss who, when fit, does tend to complete matches but then goes missing for weeks/months at a time. I appreciate the Aneke thing can be a little frustrating but if you've got a decent calibre of players starting matches and then you have his impact from the bench then it brings positives.