Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• It’s too late now Thomas, another season wasted!

• Pretty sure Woolacott is out of contract this summer so it's a possibility indeed
  • that's a pretty encouraging article
  • Mbappe on a cold Tuesday night in Burnley 

• Swisdom said:
    Swindon have a few out of contract.  Must say McKirdle isn’t one I’d heard of until recently but he scored some superb goals last season.  Seems like a bit of a character too. 

He reminds me a lot of Ricky Holmes - not positionally but just his energy and ability to score stunners.  He could be an interesting proposition 
    Only seen him play a couple of times but was impressed with what I saw.
  • Mandela Egbo is out of contract I think, attacking right back at Swindon.  Was a PalARSE junior as well.  Seems an obvious move for us.  Great name as well.
  • For what it's worth, both McKirdy and Wollacott were named in the L2 team of the season, which suggests a certain amount of pedigree

• Sponsored links:

• that Mckirdy comes across as a right little prick
  • It is interesting that the Swindon goalkeeper made it into the team of the year given all the attacking stats Swindon possessed last year. It shows he must have done really well AND that the Swindon defence last year can't have been great! 😂
  • “I have had so many players lined up, warm, and been talking to and had Zoom calls and meetings with myself.

“Now that we have got Ben in, we can finally push that along. I have already had conversations with him about potential players, and he is really keen as well.'

Wait, but the CL know it alls said you've been sitting on your arse Steve, doing fuck all, whilst Fleetwood made one signing?!!!

Let's see what actually happens aye .. 
  • cafc4life said:
    that Mckirdy comes across as a right little prick
    Exactly the sort of player we always need and typically lack!

Agree with this. I guess what he’s like in the dressing room would be a big factor if we were to sign him….that and if BG thinks he’s good enough for L1!
  • Got a feeling Stockley might be sold can’t see him playing in a 433. Can add Kirk to that as well but might not happen because of not being able to recoup the half a million transfer fee. 
  • cafc4life said:
    Exactly the sort of player we always need and typically lack!
    Yeah, you need one I think, and I'd be happy to have one that looks like George Dobson playing Loki.
  • cafc4life said:
    Lyle Taylor was our little prick once and we loved him at the time.  Nothing wrong with that, our wingers and attackers were far too nice last season (not including Stockley).
  • Chunes said:
    Got a feeling Stockley might be sold can’t see him playing in a 433. Can add Kirk to that as well but might not happen because of not being able to recoup the half a million transfer fee. 
    Kirk should suit Garner better than most in the squad given he's a proper possession player, whether he wants to stay is another thing!
    Definitely, possession teams have to cross the ball a lot, which is a strength of Kirk’s, because holding the ball gives opposition the chance to get men back.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Got a feeling Stockley might be sold can’t see him playing in a 433. Can add Kirk to that as well but might not happen because of not being able to recoup the half a million transfer fee. 
    Kirk should suit Garner better than most in the squad given he's a proper possession player, whether he wants to stay is another thing!
    Definitely, possession teams have to cross the ball a lot, which is a strength of Kirk’s, because holding the ball gives opposition the chance to get men back.  
    Kirk is a low tempo footballer. 
  • As well as Swindon I note that Ben Garner hasn’t ruled out raiding Derby County, or Manchester City, or Cray Wanderers, or Barcelona for players.
  • edited June 2022
    24 hours in officially ...almost , and he hasn't signed anyone yet..what's he been doing for the last two weeks.. B)
  • Learning Spanish?
  • seth plum said:
    Learning Spanish?
    Si Señor Puedo tener una asistencia?.. B)
  • Would like us to go for someone like Ben Woodburn. Just released by Liverpool and certainly has a point to prove. Especially with Wales in the World Cup next year. 
    They released Sheyi Ojo as well, on loan at Millwall last year but i think got injured. Not sure if he'd drop down to league one though.