Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Do we need to think about one of of our new incomers being a decent penalty taker?

Who scored / missed them, this season? Washington? Stockley?
  • Lots of teams having trouble getting transfers over the line at the moment, including Welling.

What a rubbish scarf!
    Literally looks like they fished any old red scarf out of the lost property bin and went "that'll do"
  • NabySarr said:
    Redrobo said:
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Our owner wants us to play possession based dynamic passing football, it is likely we are going to be bringing in a young progressive manager whose team had the number one stats in the relevant areas in league last season. 

Why wouldn’t we be linked with a player, on a free, who had the 4th highest pass success rate in the league last year, and by all means is a local lad and player we have looked to sign in the past?

Does not seem that out there a bit of business to me. 

Well said... it is not as though he cannot play so why make a scape goat of him before he arrives and plays.
    No one has made Bostock a scapegoat. Having doubts about whether a player relegated with Doncaster who also spent a lot of time out injured would be a good signing isn’t scapegoating at all. We already have two players in Inniss and Aneke who struggle to play twice a week, Bostock would likely be another.
     Your last statement is on the way to making him a scape goat 🐐.  

He certainly plays more regularly than Sick note Aneke. 
    As usual, that's incorrect. 
    We saw Aneke how many times and how many of those were 90 mins  ? 
    Aneke played 31 times last season, which was 6 more games than Bostock. The season before he played 41, 23 times more than Bostock. You have to go back to 2016/2017 to find a season where Bostock played more games than Aneke. 

Admittedly, Aneke does struggle to play 90 minutes but the fact is he impacts games regardless of whether he starts or not. That's the stat that really matters, not how long he plays for. 
    He struggles to play 25 minutes.  Perhaps he makes up for it by working from home ?😃
    He done a lot more in his "25 minutes" than Bogle did starting. I appreciate you've got a real issue with a player not being able to start, I actually get that, but surely you can understand it's all about what he does when he is on the pitch? Ultimately, that is what determines whether he's successful and whether he's an asset.
    Why introduce Bogle... that is not the argument. 
    I have a problem  with a player who can not start or cannot finish a game but this bloke cost £300k . How many minutes did he do at Birmingham ?  The number of games may be immaterial if it is low and ask yourself this. Bowyer was quick to return him but why ?
    Except the number of games is NOT low. That's exactly the point. He doesnt start and finish whole games but he actually played in a lot of them. 
    Exactly. It’s undeniably a bit frustrating he cannot play a little longer but at least he gets the opportunity to have an impact on a lot of games. That’s still invaluable 
    When Chucks has started I don’t think he has been effective as when he comes on as a sub. Maybe because he feels the need to pace himself? 
    But totally agree his impact as a sub is significant both on the pitch and by giving the fans a lift, which makes him a valuable player to have in our squad. An absolute bargain at £300k. 
    He is still good from the start, but as a sub against defenders that have been on all game he has the pace to get in behind which adds a lot to his game that he doesn’t have from the start. He’s the best sub in the league and when he’s used as just that he is fit for most of the season. He turns draws into wins and losses into draws, I can’t believe there is any criticism of a signing like that and he is probably the only player in our squad other than maybe Dobson that every other team in the league would want as part of their squad 
    That explains why he ended up back here. Every other club in this league wanted him .
    Or maybe because he’d worked with JJ for 2 years and played for us so knew all of our players. Or we were the only team willing to take on Castillo as part of the deal. I think every team would be interested in a player that can score 20 goals from the bench at this level 
  • I doubt Huddersfield are really in for that 6 ft 9 striker, probably just agent talk so they hope a league 2 team comes in for him 
    Could be, he was linked with Man City last summer.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15882243/man-city-kyle-hudlin-transfer-britain-tallest-player/amp/
  • ‘Retaining the premier league title will be a tall ask for Pep Guardiola's troops this season and he reckons the 6ft 9in striker could help them do so.‘

😂
  • A player we should be going for if we are serious about top 2. Will probably end up with Grant McCann again at Peterborough unfortunately 
  • Honestly think Papa Soaure was one of the worst players I have ever seen in a CAFC shirt and there have been some belters!
    He's right up there for sure
  • Do we need to think about one of of our new incomers being a decent penalty taker?

Marquis has a repertoire of Penalties if you watch that recent clip
  • Malik Wilks is probably one of the Better players in l1
    i would think he will go to the Championship

massive statement to whoever gets him in tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• This is not my opinion and runs counter to the evidence of when he has played against us but...

...my Hull City supporting mate thinks Malik Wilks is rubbish and has no idea how to play football (but admits that he has pace and strength).
  • This is not my opinion and runs counter to the evidence of when he has played against us but...

...my Hull City supporting mate thinks Malik Wilks is rubbish and has no idea how to play football (but admits that he has pace and strength).
    Did he confuse Wills with Leko/Jaiyesimi?
  • NabySarr said:
    A player we should be going for if we are serious about top 2. Will probably end up with Grant McCann again at Peterborough unfortunately 
    Marty is still scouring Championship Manager 96-97 season and trying to work out how to execute the cheat in real life - by selling Josh Davison to Man Utd for £10m before then spunking all the money on Steve Stone and Colin Cooper.
  • Malik Wilks or John Marquis  🤔
  • Malik Wilks or John Marquis  🤔
    Completely different players

Might as well ask if we wanted to keep Washington or Pearce
  • Swisdom said:
    Malik Wilks is probably one of the Better players in l1

Don’t think he’s left Yorkshire in his career yet.  Rotherham or Sheff Weds next for sure 

• What’s the deal with Purrington?  Did he accept our offer of a new contract? 
  • edited June 2022
    cabbles said:

What’s the deal with Purrington?  Did he accept our offer of a new contract? 
    Not confirmed either way yet.

My guess is he's signed and TS will announce it in a new song, he always makes it about him.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Swisdom said:
    Malik Wilks is probably one of the Better players in l1

Don’t think he’s left Yorkshire in his career yet.  Rotherham or Sheff Weds next for sure 
    Headline writers dream……

Malik Walks…..to Charlton

of maybe he’ll go further north to Brighton 
  • Wilks and Marquis were at Donny together.. 
  • Scoham said:
    cabbles said:

What’s the deal with Purrington?  Did he accept our offer of a new contract? 
    Not confirmed either way yet.

My guess is he's signed and TS will announce it in a new song, he always makes it about him.
    To be fair, he makes a song & dance about everything.
  • Wilks and Marquis were at Donny together.. 

He is adamant!
  • shirty5 said:
    Wilks and Marquis were at Donny together.. 

The good old Pru advert.

With Mark Williams of  "suits you sir" fame.

He is adamant!

Scott Fraser takes penalties. He scored 9 of them for MK Dons last season before joining Ipswich.