Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Why are people lolling this, it’s probably going to happen, 3 years younger than Ben Watson, making us a more youthful outfit  ;)

• Oh hang on, just seen that mentioned Ipswich, done deal then..
  • The BBC web site has an article on the transfer window opening for Premiership. In the article it says that the window for teams in the EFL opened when the season ended.
    Just saying.
  • I reckon we will end up with Joe Wollacott (Swindon’s goalie) and that will be some coup.

Ghanas number 1, made team of the season, contract is up in the summer and I imagine would be the kind of keeper Garner wants. 

McG is absolutely turd with his feet and AMB is up in the air due to his injury record imo, I reckon we will have a new #1 next season. 
    The keeper is an interesting one. 25 so a good age, but has made less than 50 league appearances.

Made the league two team of the season despite Swindon having the worst defensive record in the top 10, so are we to assume he kept them in a lot of games and they'd have leaked more without him?

Ghana international but hasn't been away with them for their games this month. Is he injured?
  • Any players other than Swindon and Luton ?

• For what it's worth, both McKirdy and Wollacott were named in the L2 team of the season, which suggests a certain amount of pedigree

How many of those have people heard of / know about, and are any of those better than what we already have?
    Kane Wilson from that group isnt available now... He's gone to Bristol City

• LET’S Spend spend spend…
    like where the third biggest budget in this league 
  • Finally... We can start to sign some players now the window is open
  • Any players other than Swindon and Luton ?

No not allowed…

“and Leicester”
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
  • Glad we have no plans to sell Stockley. It would be an act of madness IMO.
    Pretty sure the last statement like that, was made about Burstow.
    Where did you hear that. Any actual.quotes from the management or was it said by SG or TS in their interviews this week. Because my feeling is, and TS said himself, we dont want to keep just pumping it forward to the tall guy up front when plan A fails.
    Where did you hear that. Any actual.quotes from the management or was it said by SG or TS in their interviews this week. Because my feeling is, and TS said himself, we dont want to keep just pumping it forward to the tall guy up front when plan A fails.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-owner-has-no-plans-to-sell-jayden-stockley-in-summer-transfer-window/
  • Is it my imagination or is the rumour mill here working on reduced hours and producing a poorer end product.

I'm not sure I'd give much credence to anything I've seen so far, unless it is the case that agents are deliberately dragging out the process or Ben has to sanction those signings that were, reportedly, already coming.
    It’s further up this thread:

clive said:

• Can we have a Martin Sandgaard thread?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Can we have a Martin Sandgaard thread?
    I thought this was one  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Every thread can be a Martin Sangaard thread if you want it to be…

”if you want to view paradise simply look around and view it”
  • JamesSeed said:
    Or we could give it a miss and let the bloke do his job. He is probably the most analysed analyst of all time!!🤣
  • swordfish said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Must we?

The poor guy. He's a 'thoroughly nice bloke actually' according to some, like 'an excited kid on work experience' to others ,and has had the audacity to comment on the length of training sessions apparently.

Put him in the stocks and throw tomatoes at him if it makes you feel better, metaphorically speaking of course, but I'm confident  he's not the reason we were sh*t last season and finished 13th.
    Good possible fundraiser for the upbeats, that suggestion in your last paragraph 
  • JamesSeed said:
    @JamesSeed I wasn't having a dig at you with my reply BTW.
  • Redrobo said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Looks like the compensation for the back room guys has been sorted 😉
    Would make far too much sense for us  :D

He's probably just picking up his stuff.