Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Whoever offers the most money will have his signature 
  • As long as the offer is competitive, I would imagine we should be in the running. It’s not necessarily a foregone conclusion. As mentioned above, geography could be important, as could the amount of minutes offered.

Are Reading or Swansea wanting him for the first team or for the bench?

Not even including the possibility that one or both sides could be entirely made up by the agent in order to get us to up our offer.
    It will be money. Pure and simple
  • We might not be the most attractive prospect at the moment but Reading is not the team to be joining right now. They're not going to be able to spend any money this season, just frees and loans so it's going to be a weird one. They're in a real financial mess and I don't think they'll stay up this season unless something pretty remarkable happens. I think if I was linked with a L1 team looking to mount a promotion challenge or a Championship team limping towards oblivion I'd probably pick the one hoping to have a good season with a sustainable looking future.
  • Scoham said:
    As long as the offer is competitive, I would imagine we should be in the running. It’s not necessarily a foregone conclusion. As mentioned above, geography could be important, as could the amount of minutes offered.

Are Reading or Swansea wanting him for the first team or for the bench?

Not even including the possibility that one or both sides could be entirely made up by the agent in order to get us to up our offer.
    It will be money. Pure and simple
    Even Lyle Taylor chose us over Sunderland's higher offer due to location.

Other factors will also be more important if the financial value of the offers are similar.

That said I don't expect us to bring in players with genuine Championship interest.
    So pleased weve signed Lyle thats twice he has chosen us over Sunderland
  • Tucker wasn’t great for the Gills last year but I think he is a v good player and 100% would start for us. Would be a really solid signing.
  • To a certain extent someone like Tucker is the kind of signing where Garner can prove himself in the aspects of modern day football management that go beyond the training ground.

Selling players on a clubs ethos and "vision" will be crucial given he's not got an established reputation in this division yet nor does he have the name factor of Bowyer or even Jackson (who could at least point to his good playing career at the level if nothing else.)

Obviously Gallen is still our main negotiation man but Garner will have a part to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Swisdom said:
    We’ve been badgering Tucker for well over a year but I think Gills are due compo

we aren’t the only ones interested but we might have an ace up our sleeve that helps us over the line

i hope so, he is a very good committed defender and can play a bit too.  And he’s young.  And he’s local

@Swisdom

Questions for you as you have played semi pro and are up to speed with a lots of players around the home counties especially Kent.

Is the Whitstable born 22 year old Tucker really 6ft 7in ? 
    If yes does the clichés apply to him that he has a good touch for a big man ?

If he came to Cafc is the idea that he plays the 33 games when the other Giant, Ryan Inniss is injured ?

Also if we start playing out from the back in a 3 or a four which position would he play in both of those positions ?

Also is he left or right footed?

Cheers mate.
  • Swisdom said:
    We’ve been badgering Tucker for well over a year but I think Gills are due compo

we aren’t the only ones interested but we might have an ace up our sleeve that helps us over the line

i hope so, he is a very good committed defender and can play a bit too.  And he’s young.  And he’s local

@Swisdom

Questions for you as you have played semi pro and are up to speed with a lots of players around the home counties especially Kent.

If he came to Cafc is the idea that he plays the 33 games when the other Giant, Ryan Inniss is injured ?

Also if we start playing out from the back in a 3 or a four which position would he play in both of those positions ?

Cheers mate.
    He’s 6’2 or 6’3” so not freakishly tall but good in the air.  His aerial dominance was what highlighted him to me last season and I’ve kept an eye on him since 
    right footed.
    was played almost like a deep midfielder owing to his passing range I’m told but not something I’ve witnessed 
  • Pretty sure I spotted Stockley at Woburn Centre Parks this morning

...all but confirms he is moving to McDons next junction up the M1 :wink:
    Follow up: bumped into him this morning without his family. Wife asked "are you going Sheffield Wednesday"

His response was to laugh and say he didn't want to go back up North. He asked us if we are having a good break. Really top guy 
    Did you think he wasn’t as big as you would have expected?  I was really surprised he was just…normal
  • Swisdom said:
    Pretty sure I spotted Stockley at Woburn Centre Parks this morning

...all but confirms he is moving to McDons next junction up the M1 :wink:
    Follow up: bumped into him this morning without his family. Wife asked "are you going Sheffield Wednesday"

His response was to laugh and say he didn't want to go back up North. He asked us if we are having a good break. Really top guy 
    Did you think he wasn’t as big as you would have expected?  I was really surprised he was just…normal
    With very few exceptions footballers are quite small in "real life" I am taller than Shearer and Les Ferdinand and I am not tall.
  • Swisdom said:

Gilbey to Gillingham. You heard it here first! 

PS: Only JOKING, of course. :smile:

• Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

@Swisdom

Cheers mate.
    He’s 6’2 or 6’3” so not freakishly tall but good in the air.  His aerial dominance was what highlighted him to me last season and I’ve kept an eye on him since 
    right footed.
    was played almost like a deep midfielder owing to his passing range I’m told but not something I’ve witnessed 
    He was deployed as a centre defensive mid a handful of times last season. 

Statistically the stats aren’t what I expected at all. I’ve compared him to Famewo, who in the majority of our fans opinions is that he’s a donkey who can’t pass. Well Famewo passes the ball 40 times on average a game compared to Tuckers 31 times, Akin has the higher pass rate with 67% compared to Tuckers 59% and on top of that Tucker goes for more long balls, although that stat is very marginal. 

His strength is an aerial threat in both boxes and his interception skills. Sound like a more mobile Innis so I imagine if we do sign him, we will be looking for a passer to play alongside him. Doesn’t sound like the type of centre back Garner will be after 
  • Sage said:
    Swisdom said:

This makes it seem like you’ve got a bit more information that suggests we might just have that ace…
    I’ve mentioned this before but towards the end of last season JJ’s dad told me that Tucker would ‘definitely’ be joining us next season.
    Of course, JJ having departed that certainly no longer exists, nevertheless I still think there’s a fair chance we’ll sign him.
  • edited June 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

@Swisdom

Cheers mate.
    right footed.

Statistically the stats aren’t what I expected at all. I’ve compared him to Famewo, who in the majority of our fans opinions is that he’s a donkey who can’t pass. Well Famewo passes the ball 40 times on average a game compared to Tuckers 31 times, Akin has the higher pass rate with 67% compared to Tuckers 59% and on top of that Tucker goes for more long balls, although that stat is very marginal. 

His strength is an aerial threat in both boxes and his interception skills. Sound like a more mobile Innis so I imagine if we do sign him, we will be looking for a passer to play alongside him. Doesn’t sound like the type of centre back Garner will be after 
    Is the problem that Famewo only passed to Gilbey?🏃🏽
  • More like Pearce I reckon.
    Pearce is already a free agent, out of contract.

• Wasn't Nixon promising Charlton news today?
  • Wasn't Nixon promising Charlton news today?
    The news was about Tucker and that we are keen but so are Reading and Swansea
  • edited June 2022
    I think he got most blocks in league 1 too

i think the stats could say more about his team mates than him too
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

@Swisdom

Cheers mate.
    right footed.

Can’t really read too much into those stats when Tucker is playing for a team down at the bottom that didn’t even try and keep the ball. If Swansea are interested in him the he is definitely good in possession as Russell Martin wouldn’t be interested otherwise 
  • edited June 2022
    na of course stats aren’t the be all end all, but they do tell you a fair bit.

Either way would be a welcome addition, early 20s, sell on value, would immediately be our best centre back and from what I remember is very assured on the ball and will add height to the team. Be a real coup if we pull it off
  • Oggy Red said:
    Swisdom said:

Gilbey to Gillingham. You heard it here first! 

PS: Only JOKING, of course. :smile:

More like Pearce I reckon.
  • NabySarr said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

@Swisdom

Cheers mate.
    right footed.

Can’t really read too much into those stats when Tucker is playing for a team down at the bottom that didn’t even try and keep the ball. If Swansea are interested in him the he is definitely good in possession as Russell Martin wouldn’t be interested otherwise 
    Someone earlier mentioned that Swansea have just  signed a centre back, can’t remember his name.
    So…..seemingly that just leaves us and Reading in the frame.