Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Just having a nose at Gills forums and slight concern, allegedly Swansea aren’t in the running as Tucker is well out of their wage structure and Hull could be a serious option as they’re loaded. 

Now if Swansea, who I believe aren’t in any financial difficulties and might still be getting parachute payments? Are saying Tucker is too pricey, I think that may rule us out
  • Pretty sure Tucker is mates with Albie.  I am sure I have seen them interacting on Instagram.  
  • Just having a nose at Gills forums and slight concern, allegedly Swansea aren’t in the running as Tucker is well out of their wage structure and Hull could be a serious option as they’re loaded. 

Now if Swansea, who I believe aren’t in any financial difficulties and might still be getting parachute payments? Are saying Tucker is too pricey, I think that may rule us out
    Where would you prefer to live Hull or Kent? 😂

Would he prefer to play in a higher league and double or nearly triple his wages though? 

Sounds like Swansea are out of the running but I see him going to the championship based on that forum. 

If we got him it sounds like a tribunal of around 500-700k and then his wages and signing on fee. Reckon his wages are gonna be at least 8k 
  • edited June 2022
    Just having a nose at Gills forums and slight concern, allegedly Swansea aren’t in the running as Tucker is well out of their wage structure and Hull could be a serious option as they’re loaded. 

Why do you believe that ?
    Swansea a well established Championship team can't afford a player like Tucker who at 22 has just left a team just relegated down to League 2. How does a random fan know what wages Tucker will ask if its not his agent or Dad ? Quite bizarre.

Just saw that in December 2019 Jack Tucker put in a transfer request when a championship team showed interest but turned down by Paul Scally so unlikely to come to Cafc if Reading or Swansea or any other Championship side show interest in the out of contract defender.
  • edited June 2022
    Just having a nose at Gills forums and slight concern, allegedly Swansea aren’t in the running as Tucker is well out of their wage structure and Hull could be a serious option as they’re loaded. 

Swansea a well established Championship team can't afford a player like Tucker who at 22 is at a team just relegated down to League 2.

Because I’m an absolute sad case and went on the Gills forums to look at what their thoughts are, one of their members has said Tucker is out Swanseas budget according to some Swansea article. So I don’t myself believe that, just sharing information I’ve read

link to thread: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/jack-tucker.124300/page-4

only sharing cause it’s a reported link and it’s the rumours thread 

Would he prefer to play in a higher league and double or nearly triple his wages though? 

Sounds like Swansea are out of the running but I see him going to the championship based on that forum. 

If we got him it sounds like a tribunal of around 500-700k and then his wages and signing on fee. Reckon his wages are gonna be at least 8k 
    Compensation wold be nowhere near that.  Probably c£300k

Wages currently nowhere near £8k either.  If we offered £2.5 k a week it would be a hefty uplift for him I think

Not sure wqhy Swansea think he'd be so expensive
  • Pretty sure I spotted Stockley at Woburn Centre Parks this morning

...all but confirms he is moving to McDons next junction up the M1 :wink:
    Follow up: bumped into him this morning without his family. Wife asked "are you going Sheffield Wednesday"

His response was to laugh and say he didn't want to go back up North. He asked us if we are having a good break. Really top guy 
    Were we awarded a free kick?
  • Swisdom said:

Wages currently nowhere near £8k either.  If we offered £2.5 k a week it would be a hefty uplift for him I think

I am basing compo from previous players I’ve seen go for and how much he actually played for them. 120 apps by the age of 22 is remarkable and I expect they’ll take that into consideration no? 

From what I’ve seen his reported wages are 2k a week. Obviously I don’t know that for definite cause a lot of these sites are wrong but I don’t see 2.5k a week being enough to get his signature. Drop in the ocean that wage for championship sides
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022

Swansea a well established Championship team can't afford a player like Tucker who at 22 is at a team just relegated down to League 2.

Because I’m an absolute sad case and went on the Gills forums to look at what their thoughts are, one of their members has said Tucker is out Swanseas budget according to some Swansea article. So I don’t myself believe that, just sharing information I’ve read

link to thread: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/jack-tucker.124300/page-4

only sharing cause it’s a reported link and it’s the rumours thread 

I'm not shooting the Messenger maybe it's Swansea that are on a wind up 👍
  • Swisdom said:

I am basing compo from previous players I’ve seen go for and how much he actually played for them. 120 apps by the age of 22 is remarkable and I expect they’ll take that into consideration no? 

From what I’ve seen his reported wages are 2k a week. Obviously I don’t know that for definite cause a lot of these sites are wrong but I don’t see 2.5k a week being enough to get his signature. Drop in the ocean that wage for championship sides
    Just to make it clear I’m not ‘ITK’ in the slightest. I just read a lot of speculation and share it. I proper love transfer windows and will absolutely do ten hours worth of research on any player we are linked with haha 
    10 hours research?? I've been told we are after a left back who plays for the team that are third in the Kenyan south third division. Happy research 
  • edited June 2022
    Sage said:
    Gillingham simply do not pay the wages and would not be surprised if he is on around £1000 a week and as a League Two team now, they’re not going to get anywhere near £500K compensation so it really is down to the competition and wage package we offer.

I am sure we will sell one or two players this summer and as far as I am aware, we’re banking on money from Pope coming in too. Just hope we spend the money very well this summer.
    Hopefully a deal for Pope is done quickly then… next couple of weeks would be ideal.

Understand the need to wait until the money is in the bank before doing business - if we went and spent a few million and then a Pope transfer never materialised, that would not be fun. 

Fingers crossed whoever is after him wants him for the no.1 spot and they’ll need him in early for pre season. Next worst case scenario is that saga dragging on into August and our best targets have gone elsewhere.
  • Swisdom said:

Just to make it clear I’m not ‘ITK’ in the slightest. I just read a lot of speculation and share it. I proper love transfer windows and will absolutely do ten hours worth of research on any player we are linked with haha 
    Impressive. That's more time than Roland used to spend on Charlton.

I think Hull players tend to live in Beverley. 
  • Swisdom said:
    I think he got most blocks in league 1 too
    Yup. I blocked Nixon ages ago. 
  • JamesSeed said:

I think Hull players tend to live in Beverley. 
    I bet she is pretty sore then.
    I knew someone would say something like that. Disappointed Ricky, but not entirely surprised. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• I think some famous sisters came from there (showing my age). 
  • Good as Tucker may be is a right sided centre back a priority, we already have Lavelle and some promising youngsters coming through in that position, would have thought we are more in need of a left sided centre back.
  • Bournesnr said:
    Good as Tucker may be is a right sided centre back a priority, we already have Lavelle and some promising youngsters coming through in that position, would have thought we are more in need of a left sided centre back.
    Naby Sarr, a French left sided CB,  has been released by Huddersfield.

Good on the ball and dominant in the air he would be a great signing if he's willing to take a big pay cut.
    Great shout. Think he could do a job and might settle in at Charlton. 
  • Scoham said:
    Pretty much the NFL draft 
  • Bournesnr said:
    Good as Tucker may be is a right sided centre back a priority, we already have Lavelle and some promising youngsters coming through in that position, would have thought we are more in need of a left sided centre back.

Good on the ball and dominant in the air he would be a great signing if he's willing to take a big pay cut.
    100% would be a great signing.
    Come on TS breath deeply & put your hand in your pocket.
  • Bournesnr said:

100% would be a great signing.
    Come on TS breath deeply & put your hand in your pocket.
    I’m not normally one for bringing back ex players but I think surely he fits into what we are trying to achieve 
  • Bournesnr said:
    I don't think it actually matters that much. I think there's enough players (even rugged CB types) that whilst nominally "right sided" are more than good enough that you can get away with two "right sided" CBs.

I'd be absolutely astonished if playing on the "wrong" foot isn't something that plenty of CBs have played/trained on these days.
  • But if we play 3 at the back at all you need one of them to be left sided, they can't all be right footed