Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Nabby isnt as unrealistic as some are suggesting.

He would have stayed, on less money, if it wasn't for the embargo.  He took a slight pay cut to join Huddersfield and was on a similar salary to what the likes of Watson, Gunter and probably Washington were on.

He will only be 28 when the seasons starts, stating the obvious he would only be 31 at the end of a 3 year contract, that's not old for a center half.  Especially when you consider he is probably a young 28 because he went 2 or 3 years, in his early 20s, without playing much at all, so doesn't have all that ware and tear.
    Wow, though at the time he was quite a big signing for us. We must have been paying some pretty generous salaries in the early Roland years.
    When you think of the 2015 summer transfer window it cost us a fortune.  In 2016/17 we were paying players to either play for someone else or just to go away then haggling over the likes of Crofts and Foley to just be able to put out a team.
  • Swisdom said:
    Naby would like to come back - he loved it with us
    we are interested and have been in touch for months but his representatives are away with the fairies at the moment

not impossible but not looking likely just yet
    Would like Naby back. My Huddersfield supporting mate, like many of us, thought he was better at attacking than defending though. Would suit BG's passing style I reckon. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Just having a nose at Gills forums and slight concern, allegedly Swansea aren’t in the running as Tucker is well out of their wage structure and Hull could be a serious option as they’re loaded. 

Now if Swansea, who I believe aren’t in any financial difficulties and might still be getting parachute payments? Are saying Tucker is too pricey, I think that may rule us out
    Where would you prefer to live Hull or Kent? 😂
    Would he prefer to play in a higher league and double or nearly triple his wages though? 

Sounds like Swansea are out of the running but I see him going to the championship based on that forum. 

If we got him it sounds like a tribunal of around 500-700k and then his wages and signing on fee. Reckon his wages are gonna be at least 8k 
    Compensation wold be nowhere near that.  Probably c£300k

Wages currently nowhere near £8k either.  If we offered £2.5 k a week it would be a hefty uplift for him I think

Not sure wqhy Swansea think he'd be so expensive
    no way he comes for 2.5k a week...
  • CafcSteve said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ian Evatt 2/1 next Blackpool manager. Would be a big blow for Bolton if he left.
    Ex Blackpool player so passes the Blackpool Life sat nav test.

Really high potential rating in champman99/00 as well........
    Already appointed Simon Grayson … 
    Ronnie - Why the lies?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-sunderland-boss-new-role-24174898.amp
    Not a lie it was posted on Blackpool Instagram by fans .. he was linked and the fans done a mock up  
    I'm selling some magic beans.
    Message me if you're interested.
    If they are the same magic beans as the ones I bought from the old man at the market I’m not interested. If they’re different ones, tell me more.
  • edited June 2022
    Swisdom said:
    we are interested and have been in touch for months but his representatives are away with the fairies at the moment

Fans get frustrated but since the advent of so many agents and Reps all wanting the piece of the player it so difficult now unless like Ipswich and Wigan you pay over the odds as League 1 sides and act like the SAS and get in and out quickly.  As each day goes by IF there was no Championship interest then Naby Sarr would say to his "Representatives" I would rather play football at a club which I enjoyed ( most of the time !) and have  50% of the crowd on my side with friends and colleagues off the pitch like Tracey etc helping me to settle. Don't know Sarr's thoughts on money and if he would take a pay cut on the wages he was on at Cafc the first time around under Duchâtelet when he got a long contract and decent wages 

Interesting to hear Swisdom news.
  • Swisdom said:

Fans get frustrated but since the advent of so many agents and Reps all wanting the piece of the player it so difficult now unless like Ipswich and Wigan you pay over the odds as League 1 sides and act like the SAS and get in and out quickly.  As each day goes by IF there was no Championship interest then Naby Sarr would say to his "Representatives" I would rather play football at a club which I enjoyed ( most of the time !) and have  50% of the crowd on my side with friends and colleagues off the pitch like Tracey etc helping me to settle. Don't know Sarr's thoughts on money and if he would take a pay cut on the wages he was on at Cafc the first time around under Duchâtelet when he got a long contract and decent wages 

Interesting to hear Swisdom news.
    If I were his agent this is exactly what I would be saying to him.  He's not at the level where his next contract is his retirement fund - it should be with a view to enjoying his football.

As much as I am biased I believe we are an attractive proposition still and a chance to get promoted should be appealing and be a part of the journey.  The fact he was popular and content here previously should also be factored in.

Wheter or not he is good enough on the ball is to be debated however he's certainly better than many we have seen in that position in recent seasons.
  • edited June 2022
    i was talking about Tucker...No way he joins for 2.5k, was my point....  :)
  • Ah ok, completely lost track.

But yes definitely not. He'd be looking for top end league 1 wages for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    Would probably have to be a 12 bar blues.
    "Wellll, my baby upped and left me,
    Took my best friend to her bed.
    I understood we were forever,
    she said "I understand that's not correct"
    Shelled out all my money,
    Here's the players I provide.
    Some agents double-crossed me,
    Their all sick or injured or expired"
    Terrible! No mention of a garbage man (Gilbey on some of his showings last season perhaps?) And you misquoted Raelynn, "Understand that not to be correct". Apart from that, a fine effort and I couldn't do better. 😎
  • edited June 2022
    https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/1536298590670409730?s=21&t=gIKxZYpA4v4EDRNclSBEkA

Reading out of the race for Tucker apparently 

according to various Reading fans, they ain’t got a pot to piss in. Think we can dismiss the idea of Tucker heading there then
  • I'd love to have Naby back. Too good for L1 so it would be a excellent signing 
  • CafcSteve said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ian Evatt 2/1 next Blackpool manager. Would be a big blow for Bolton if he left.
    Ex Blackpool player so passes the Blackpool Life sat nav test.

Really high potential rating in champman99/00 as well........
    Already appointed Simon Grayson … 
    Ronnie - Why the lies?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-sunderland-boss-new-role-24174898.amp
    Not a lie it was posted on Blackpool Instagram by fans .. he was linked and the fans done a mock up  
    I'm selling some magic beans.
    Message me if you're interested.
    Done ✅ 
  • edited June 2022
    Sage said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sage said:
    Bournesnr said:
    Good as Tucker may be is a right sided centre back a priority, we already have Lavelle and some promising youngsters coming through in that position, would have thought we are more in need of a left sided centre back.
    Naby Sarr, a French left sided CB,  has been released by Huddersfield.

Good on the ball and dominant in the air he would be a great signing if he's willing to take a big pay cut.
    Great shout. Think he could do a job and might settle in at Charlton. 
    I think these posts have gone whooshing way over my head. Henry bigging up Naby? Sarcasm, or has he changed his mind? 
    But I thought you were a fan Sage?
    I’m lost here. [No sarky comments please 😬]
    I was messing about. Big Naby fan and would love him to come home. Think he’d be exactly what we need.
    I knew that all along 😉 😬
  • edited June 2022
    Naby & Lavelle feels like a back line that will be ‘too nice’.

We need more dominating/leader figures at the back with Pearce no longer in our playing squad and Inniss only likely to play a low amount of games.

• I wonder if Naby would be the kind of ball-playing defender Garner wants. Naby isn't really what I'd call your typical player of that type, because while he's capable of some absolutely sublime passes when he wants, he's also capable of giving it directly to the opposition and falling over. Garner might be after some maverick behaviour, or he might be after the kind of defender who is decent enough with his feet, not capable of providing an incredible cross-field ball to a winger but very unlikely to ever give it away. If Garner is all about keeping the ball and probing slowly then he might feel that he'd rather miss out on Naby's broad capabilities on the ball for a bit of stability. I guess we'll see.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d welcome Naby back too but I’m fairly sure Garner will have his own list of younger cheaper centre backs. I doubt he’d be as enthusiastic about him as we all are. In fact I doubt he knows much about him at all. 
  • sam3110 said:
    But if we play 3 at the back at all you need one of them to be left sided, they can't all be right footed
    Looks like last season Swindon played with two right footed CBs in a 2 a lot, and played a fair bit with three right footed CBs in a 3. They lost one left footer halfway through his loan and sometimes played their LB at CB but mostly towards the end they were operating comfortably with right footers.
  • I used to play CB and every time I was made to play left-sided (I'm right footed) I had an absolute shocker
  • Plaaayer said:
    That’s because you were shit 
    Who's fault is that!?
  • You should have listened to me more instead of keep crying. 
  • NabySarr said:
    Bit biased but I would love Naby back. Can’t see it happening though as I think a lower-championship team would probably take him. Only hope we had is if JJ was still manager as they were team mates but if Purrington leaves I think only Aneke and Morgan are left that Naby actually played with so can’t see it happening unfortunately.

Would be perfect for this new style. I think people forget how good he was the second half of 2018/19 and bar the obvious Millwall game he was pretty good in the championship, playing well enough to earn another contract at that level. In my opinion he’s a lower championship player in a back 3, but in league 1 he played well in a back 4
    JFC would have played with Nabby too 
  • Chunes said:
    For what it's worth, both McKirdy and Wollacott were named in the L2 team of the season, which suggests a certain amount of pedigree

Where's Johnny Williams?
    physio's table