Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• It's been mentioned on another Charlton forum that Louis Reed is high up on our wanted list.
    That would make it a “perfect day”.
  • Reed and McKirdy would be the obvious ones to target at Swindon.

As we’re struggling to agree a deal for their coaches though I wouldn’t bank on us getting their star players.
  • edited June 2022
    Henryirving! Down on your BENded knee! 
  • The great thing about Reed is that he just wants to play football for the coach

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1SHCsgqZvQM

As we’re struggling to agree a deal for their coaches though I wouldn’t bank on us getting their star players.
    I think mckirdy is out of contract

I think mckirdy is out of contract
    I made this mistake, he signed an extension in January apparently. 
  • edited June 2022
    A bit concerning JUST how thin the squad is now. All the talk about how we've got a core of players to work with, but in reality we're really weak in several areas, especially with NONE of the out of contract players being re-signed, and Gilbey seemingly out of favour.

Squad is paper thin. 2 key players in Inniss and Aneke will unlikely feature in a consistent run of 10 plus games based on prior evidence so wouldn't like to rely on them.

Need to do some proper business next couple of weeks and bed them in with a decent pre season to have a chance of challenging I reckon.
    In all honesty,this late in the day, it's going to take some serious wedge to put a squad together that will challenge imo.
    I know there hasn't been many signings yet but negotiations have probably been going on for many many weeks. Garner has just put his list in.

Will Tommy stump up? Doubtful.

• A bit concerning JUST how thin the squad is now. All the talk about how we've got a core of players to work with, but in reality we're really weak in several areas, especially with NONE of the out of contract players being re-signed, and Gilbey seemingly out of favour.

Squad is paper thin. 2 key players in Inniss and Aneke will unlikely feature in a consistent run of 10 plus games based on prior evidence so wouldn't like to rely on them.

Need to do some proper business next couple of weeks and bed them in with a decent pre season to have a chance of challenging I reckon.
    In all honesty,this late in the day, it's going to take some serious wedge to put a squad together that will challenge imo.
    I know there hasn't been many signings yet but negotiations have probably been going on for many many weeks. Garner has just put his list in.

Given his record what makes you think he won’t make money available this season?
  • Oh cool, yeah. Panic! Panic, everyone! It's time to panic!!

have a day off
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Pretty much halfway through June without any signings. We can officially hit the panic button.

Imagine the reaction if our first signing is announced in July and it’s Elliot Lee.

That would be horrendous......
  • Imagine we get to July, which is in over 2 weeks, and haven't made a signing!! God the thought makes me so angry that I'm angry now! It's like the thing that I don't want to happen has already happened!!!!
  • ^^^an underrated Velvets lyric
  • Redrobo said:
    A bit concerning JUST how thin the squad is now. All the talk about how we've got a core of players to work with, but in reality we're really weak in several areas, especially with NONE of the out of contract players being re-signed, and Gilbey seemingly out of favour.

Given his record what makes you think he won’t make money available this season?
     I think we'll get money. Just not the sort of money to buy some decent pedigree for getting out of this shit pit league.
  • Redrobo said:

I think we'll get money. Just not the sort of money to buy some decent pedigree for getting out of this shit pit league.
    Weren't we the biggest spenders of transfer fees last season in the division?
  • Redrobo said:

Weren't we the biggest spenders of transfer fees last season in the division?
    I thought all our business involving fees were all given out as Undisclosed 
  • Redrobo said:

Not every good player is under contract and there are a lot of good players available on loan.
    I think we will have a smaller squad this year with wages being spent on quality instead.

I would like to think we would get a top six spot this season but suspect we have another two season in this league.
  • edited June 2022
    Leuth said:
    Oh cool, yeah. Panic! Panic, everyone! It's time to panic!!

have a day off
    Leuth said:
    Imagine we get to July, which is in over 2 weeks, and haven't made a signing!! God the thought makes me so angry that I'm angry now! It's like the thing that I don't want to happen has already happened!!!!

9.01am to 9.04 am.
    What happened in the 3 minutes between those two posts 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔
  • Testy sarcasm really is the lowest form of posting, isn't it. God I'm so sorry. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    If we sign Lou Reed it will be a Perfect Day
  • A week ago we hired Ben Garner.   Steve Gallen said we had lots of targets that we were keeping warm and he couldn't wait to start signing players.

TS then warned us that agents want to wait until the last moment before agreeing a deal so their player gets the best deal.

I think we should be taking a stance, offering deals and saying if you don't accept by X date, we will move on to the next player.  Setting out our vision in what TS and BG want for the side and going from there.

I believe they are going to do their best, but I don't believe we are set up to succeed.   The reason?  Well how about the last frickin' 3 seasons .....
  • No problem Leuth, there's a reason why the world of the absurd, Samuel Becket and waiting for ...... Signings are joined at the hip.
    As that great philosopher and man with  irritable bowel syndrome, Oohaah Stated:

Charlton fans are fucking fruit loops and Supporting Charlton Athletic is pointless.
    Lots of shits added !

Albert Camus would probably agree. 

Now back to the speculation on summer transfers and keep up the 10 hours a day research Braziliance, your catching Scoham up.
  • supaclive said:
    A week ago we hired Ben Garner.   Steve Gallen said we had lots of targets that we were keeping warm and he couldn't wait to start signing players.

TS then warned us that agents want to wait until the last moment before agreeing a deal so their player gets the best deal.

I think we should be taking a stance, offering deals and saying if you don't accept by X date, we will move on to the next player.  Setting out our vision in what TS and BG want for the side and going from there.

I believe they are going to do their best, but I don't believe we are set up to succeed.   The reason?  Well how about the last frickin' 3 seasons .....
    Unfortunately though we're Charlton, not Man City, so most players we're interested in likely have other better clubs interested as well. 

Not many signings are done this early unless you're a big club or you're paying big wages. Neither apply to us, so people need to calm down and realise that not many players are making decisions on who to sign for when clubs aren't even back in pre-season training.

I'm confident things will step up in the next couple of weeks though once clubs start to get back into training. 
  • Dunno about Reed, they say he couldn’t hit it sideways.
  • If we’re raiding Swindon then the first signings need to be BG’s coaches. 
  • Chunes said:
    If we sign Lou Reed it will be a Perfect Day
    👆I done that one.
  • edited June 2022
    After Wikipedia said Jack Tucker was 2.1m tall I'm wondering if this is kosher.

Louis Reed spent his youth career at Sheffield United and he became their youngest ever first team player at 16 years and 257 days and he received a 3 year contract at the blades. So far so good for the Barnsley born player.
    He is born in July and is 5ft 8in tall as most of the best people are, unlike me he is 24 years old.

After a loan at Chesterfield and a move to Peterborough he ended up at Swindon where he was POTY last season.

Reed played 39 games out of 46 👍
    Two goals scored 👎

Please tell me Reed is a defensive midfielder if this comes to fruition ?

If Louis Reed is a holding midfielder then he could play in a double pivot/ holding role with Dobson where they work on creating angles in possession which is excellent when/if we get two attacking full backs with pace. Definitely an advantage away from home where we were more open than my friendly corner shop; other than Sunderland and Rotherham where we kept clean sheets and they are now Championship teams ! Funny old game.