Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I don't think Naby made more mistakes than any other defender in terms of pure numbers but in true Naby style when he DID fuck up it was in spectacular and eye catching fashion.

He never did anything by halves, including errors.
  • I would be all in on Naby coming back. He would solve a big problem on the left side on our defence.
  • Naby is decent enough, surprised people think he's much better than League One though he hardly constantly stood out for us. Famewo didn't have the best season but I think he has a higher ceiling still if Norwich aren't sold on him (which you would imagine).

He's a likeable guy to have back, and doubt he's going to have a ton of offers
  • Famewo has a higher ceiling than Naby my arse
  • Id have Sarr back over Famewo for sure. Cant see either of them coming back though tbh. 
  • I'll be making my comments a week today once the players are back to full pre-season training (This Friday I believe is a "weights & measures" day). The next significant day is next weekend when the squad go to Spain. 

• Naby is decent enough, surprised people think he's much better than League One though he hardly constantly stood out for us. Famewo didn't have the best season but I think he has a higher ceiling still if Norwich aren't sold on him (which you would imagine).

Maybe because he played 60 games in 2 seasons in the Championship for Huddersfield, scoring 7 goals in the process? He only appeared in 18 of them last season for Huddersfield, but of those 18 they won 12, including a run of 5 straight wins at the end of the season where he scored twice.

I'd love to have him back but I think he will have enough interest in him from lower championship clubs
  • I think we can expect a lot of trialists this pre season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Naby is decent enough, surprised people think he's much better than League One though he hardly constantly stood out for us. Famewo didn't have the best season but I think he has a higher ceiling still if Norwich aren't sold on him (which you would imagine).

Maybe because he played 60 games in 2 seasons in the Championship for Huddersfield, scoring 7 goals in the process? He only appeared in 18 of them last season for Huddersfield, but of those 18 they won 12, including a run of 5 straight wins at the end of the season where he scored twice.

I'd love to have him back but I think he will have enough interest in him from lower championship clubs
    A lot comes down to where he wants to live and length of contract on offer.  A squad players wages at a lower championship club and a "first choice" at us aren't going to be a million miles away.
  • Other than the odd exception (as in posted above) I'm pretty sure this love for Sarr has all come nostalgically, rather than what was in the post match threads week to week. He's OK.
  • Other than the odd exception (as in posted above) I'm pretty sure this love for Sarr has all come nostalgically, rather than what was in the post match threads week to week. He's OK.
    To be fair, he was OK in the Championship but pretty decent for L1, he's then played 2 more years of Championship football, he's left footed etc... it would be a decent signing in my opinion.

But like a few others, I think he can probably do better.
  • If we sign him again, I propose

He comes from Senegal
    Don't talk about Millwall
  • Leuth said:
    If we sign him again, I propose

He comes from Senegal
    Don't talk about Millwall
    If we sign Naby again, I'll be really pleased for you, Leuth!

• Seen Naby play for Huddersfield a few times and for me he has improved his movement to receive the ball and is aerially dominant but still is prone to making silly errors in possession. 

He looked solid because of the way they was set up to play out and others was as good if not better then him in that team, I personally like him but not sure if he is the ball playing centre back we need. 
  • If we play 3 CBs then we'll need one of them to be comfortable on the ball, to be able to carry it into midfield and help set up attacks. I like Naby on the left of the 3 with a stopper in the middle, as it gives him more freedom to use his quality on the ball, and where his occasional defensive ricks are less costly.
  • Leuth said:
    Famewo has a higher ceiling than Naby my arse
    Naby is so tall he has a higher arse than Famewo's ceiling.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's been mentioned on another Charlton forum that Louis Reed is high up on our wanted list.
    We're just waiting for our man*

*This and similar VU references will be made constantly, get used to it
  • It's been mentioned on another Charlton forum that Louis Reed is high up on our wanted list.
    Another with a Charlton connection, son of Les. Typical TS signing.
    Would not surprise me, Swindon's stand out player fron an article I read.
  • edited June 2022
    A bit concerning JUST how thin the squad is now. All the talk about how we've got a core of players to work with, but in reality we're really weak in several areas, especially with NONE of the out of contract players being re-signed, and Gilbey seemingly out of favour.
    The squad is tiny especially if Gilbey and Kirk are surplus.  Plus 3 of them are injury prone Aneke, Innis and JFC.  Plus having learnt from how late our transfer business was last year we have still signed no one by mid June!

In summary;

Probably 7 outfield players many would agree have a part to play in Stockley, Fraser, Dobson, Blackett Taylor, Lavelle, DJ, Clare. 

Four that many would rather moved on in Morgan, Gilbey, Kirk and Davisson

Three injury prone in Aneke, JFC, Innis.  

Total 14 which leaves 7 spaces I think (21 man squad?)

Plus kids like Kanu, Deji, Ness and Gavin

• edited June 2022
    Louis Reed appears to be a deep lying play maker who can also put a tackle in, imagine he will be high on Garners list

https://twitter.com/sixpointerstats/status/1520435043029729281?s=21&t=RGEzk03pXFH6cmSSdqW4-w

https://twitter.com/sixpointerstats/status/1512828035103395851?s=21&t=RGEzk03pXFH6cmSSdqW4-w

83% pass success rate across the season. Seems very decent considering he goes for Hollywood passes and pops up with a fair amount of ‘key’ passes 

just about to turn 25 as well, definitely would be decent signing by the look of it 

• In the eternal war between Bens and Louis's, balance must be restored, it is written