Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) 🙄

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uboat said:
    Lots of speculation  here without anyone seemingly knowing many facts. 

Far better to let staff go if they aren’t working out and then re group. 

I don’t really see it (from the outside) as automatically a reflection of TS. 

Bowyer chose to go and Adkins had to go. Jackson was a positive choice by TS to get rid. But on the football side this is hardly unique. A clean sweep is really overdue. 

As to the non football side I assume Roddy was seen as a temporary consultant and not an ongoing role. Mumford may well have chosen to go of his own accord. Jockat we just don’t know but it’s early enough to cut any losses and reappoint someone. 
    Hmmm.

Sounds as though you're trying very hard to make excuses for, what is now, 3 senior management departures in a very short space of time. 

And making a rather poor attempt ! 
    By contrast I could say you are trying to see a negative in TS because he decided against JJ

But I’m not trying to score points just offer an alternate view.   

My point was it’s not an automatic issue when no one has yet disclosed any facts about Jockat.

Of course if we learn more facts then I can change my opinion / view but I have zero inside knowledge  to base my suggestion on. 

Moreover I’d suggest ‘hire and fire’ is a more US trait then we are used to 
    I respect your opinion but this has nothing to do with JJ's departure. 

Yes, it was a shock & IMO, a despicable, cowardly way was used. 

But, that's water under the bridge although I shall be more than a tad interested in the fortunes of AFC W next season.

I find it difficult to understand though why 3 senior management appointees made by our owner, have since departed after a relatively short period in which to prove themselves. As to the reasons why, like yourself, I am in the dark. 

But what does this say about the recruitment process being used at our club ? Are you confident that TS will learn by his mistakes or continue in the same vein until he finds the "right" person for each role ? And, does it not concern you that, apart from the instability created within the SMT( and presumably the staff members reporting to them) , this increases the amount of cash wasted in the process, which he can seemingly ill afford ? 

It has been strongly rumoured that TS is determined to be a new broom....to "get rid" of existing staff in situ when he purchased our club. But this could surely be a case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater .....

And, it's not just existing staff he's now dispensing with but his OWN appointees. 

Curiouser & curiouser as Alice said. 
    And all the while Tony K is still in a job…
    Tony K does not fall under Sandgaard's remit. He is employed by Roland to be his representative at the Valley & SL.
    Why do you say Keohane is employed by RD?
    Where have you got this information from?
    In last years accounts there was an employee of the holdings company.  This years accounts say its only RD and LVT, the 2 directors.

There is loads of circumstantial evidence that TK works for RD.  Facts are a little bit thinner on the ground.  The general rumour and innuendo is he is, its never been confirmed or dined that he is.

Exactly, so I don't follow the logic.
    This years accounts say RD & LVT are the only 2.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    cabbles said:
    Still seems like it’s a bit of a shambles on the non playing side.  

If Tony Keohane isn’t employed by TS, and is there solely to watch things for RD, does he still try to get involved in day to day stuff.  How does it work?
    So what does RD need someone to keep an eye on, to make sure nobody knicks  a floodlight or something? 
    I missed it the first time but got it the next time. Very clever 😉😂
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Confirmed by Cawley. Thread title says he was sacked, do we know that’s definitely the case or is it possible he resigned? Not good either way of course.
    We could turn this search for a new partner into a TV search....every year 12 Charlton fans get to compete for a position on the board at £250,000 a year. 
    Not a bad idea. Just to set expectations though, you don't stand a chance...
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Confirmed by Cawley. Thread title says he was sacked, do we know that’s definitely the case or is it possible he resigned? Not good either way of course.
    Just before we go to Spain. Is he out if his mind!?
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Bowyer chose to go and Adkins had to go. Jackson was a positive choice by TS to get rid. But on the football side this is hardly unique. A clean sweep is really overdue. 

As to the non football side I assume Roddy was seen as a temporary consultant and not an ongoing role. Mumford may well have chosen to go of his own accord. Jockat we just don’t know but it’s early enough to cut any losses and reappoint someone. 
    Hmmm.

Sounds as though you're trying very hard to make excuses for, what is now, 3 senior management departures in a very short space of time. 

By contrast I could say you are trying to see a negative in TS because he decided against JJ

My point was it’s not an automatic issue when no one has yet disclosed any facts about Jockat.

Of course if we learn more facts then I can change my opinion / view but I have zero inside knowledge  to base my suggestion on. 

But, that's water under the bridge although I shall be more than a tad interested in the fortunes of AFC W next season.

I find it difficult to understand though why 3 senior management appointees made by our owner, have since departed after a relatively short period in which to prove themselves. As to the reasons why, like yourself, I am in the dark. 

But what does this say about the recruitment process being used at our club ? Are you confident that TS will learn by his mistakes or continue in the same vein until he finds the "right" person for each role ? And, does it not concern you that, apart from the instability created within the SMT( and presumably the staff members reporting to them) , this increases the amount of cash wasted in the process, which he can seemingly ill afford ? 

It has been strongly rumoured that TS is determined to be a new broom....to "get rid" of existing staff in situ when he purchased our club. But this could surely be a case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater .....

And, it's not just existing staff he's now dispensing with but his OWN appointees. 

Well I’d highlight that we have a small staff so any changes are magnified. 

Hunan traits mean most of us don’t like change even if it’s ultimately for the best. 

But on balance I’d say it’s better to make a decision on hiring and firing than deferring however uncomfortable that may initially be. 

But it’s not clear to me if the non football appointments have been bad or just reached a natural conclusion as I said in my first post. 

What’s clear is that TS is not a typical owner. He wants to be involved and frankly it’s his money so his choice. He is learning as he goes is my best guess. 

I was most taken by the comments made by @pragueaddick  highlighting the influence his partner showed at the international fans meeting and apparently genuinely finding common ground on issues to achieve a better outcome. That kind of sounding board and influence may offer some  comfort that decisions are not knee jerk and individual. 

I’m normally a pessimist by nature but on balance TS remains in credit for me for now.

I pin this mostly on being convinced appointing Curbishley over Gritt was the wrong choice so going down a different route again i.e. by changing things up may just be the way forward!
    I wonder what the response would be should you have the opportunity to ask an existing member of staff at the club what it's like to work there at this moment in time ? 

Mind you, with so many exits recently, they'd probably take the 5th amendment ...... 
    as I said I have no inside knowledge. If others do but won’t speak more widely / reveal pertinent detail I can only reference what’s in the public domain. 

Happy as I said to learn otherwise but can’t if people don’t share more fully. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uboat said:

Hmmm.

Tony K does not fall under Sandgaard's remit. He is employed by Roland to be his representative at the Valley & SL.
    In last years accounts there was an employee of the holdings company.  This years accounts say its only RD and LVT, the 2 directors.

There is loads of circumstantial evidence that TK works for RD.  Facts are a little bit thinner on the ground.  The general rumour and innuendo is he is, its never been confirmed or dined that he is.

I doubt the directors are employees so then it still leaves somebody on the payroll.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    We could turn this search for a new partner into a TV search....every year 12 Charlton fans get to compete for a position on the board at £250,000 a year. 
    I nominate  @RonnieMoore
  • Options
    A note of caution, Brian Jokat is an anagram for ‘Air Tank Job’ don’t say we weren’t warned.
    I’m not going to say I told you so. Typing it will do.

Also employed and fired in the space of two pages must be some kind of CharltonLife record.
  • Options
    A note of caution, Brian Jokat is an anagram for ‘Air Tank Job’ don’t say we weren’t warned.

Also employed and fired in the space of two pages must be some kind of CharltonLife record.
    Going for the Les Reed record. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uboat said:

Hmmm.

I doubt the directors are employees so then it still leaves somebody on the payroll.
    The accounts say ‘The average number of monthly employees, including directors, during the year was 2’

I would wager that the employees are LDT and TK 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    WSS said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uboat said:

Hmmm.

The accounts say ‘The average number of monthly employees, including directors, during the year was 2’

Does RD not count as one of the directors?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    _MrDick said:
    WSS said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uboat said:

Hmmm.

Does RD not count as one of the directors?
    RD and LDT are the directors of CAFC but that doesn’t mean they’re employees. I know many people who are directors of Academy Trusts (schools) - limited companies - but not paid.
  • Options
    Strange one if true after such a short space of time.

More worrying is that it would start to show a pattern developing after Roddy and Mumford not to mention Bowyer, Adkins, Jackson, Skiverton and Euell on the footy side (plus possibly others).  Unstable work places are not healthy places to work in.

Hopefully just a rumour and not accurate.
    Martin Sandgaard is Last Man Standing. He must be worried?
  • Options
    Perhaps because of his experience of American 'sport' I get the impression TS has completely unrealistic expectations for the commercial potential of the club in its current position.  

Realistically only promotion to the Prem would change that, and even then he may be shocked by the lack of new income opportunities after most of the huge boost in TV income is offset by wages and transfer fees if we want to even try to compete.
    He's never going to find out though, is he?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Going for the Les Reed record. 
    Mel Baroni back in 2016 lasted 46 days as head if communications 
    {…}
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2022
    My partner is an employment law expert, law degree etc (Union) 
    Just asked her what she thought, she said that there could be any number of reasons, but for someone at that level and so soon after hiring it screams to her as either not meeting targets/really shit at his job, or gross misconduct.
    But, unless either he or TS go public, it’s all conjecture 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Slightly different angle, I don’t think we’re ever going to know the truth, so it’s going to be filled with idle gossip and speculation  (being harsh i hope we’re not going to turn into a male version of loose women) or whatever those daytime programmes are called.

But 

1) He might not like living in England.

2) He might have a family situation back home where someone is unwell / sick, and it’s just not worth being here.

So don’t go to heavy on him guys, until someone comes out and says he had his hand in the cookie jar, let’s reserve judgement.

• Options
    Based on no solid evidence whatsoever, I imagine cheese sandwich man did everything he could to undermine Jokat.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The problem is, if you don't sack somebody during the probation period, it is a lot harder and potentially more expensive to do so. I suspect it boils down to him being a disapointment. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I own a company with a turnover roughly the same as Charlton and excluding playing staff and team management roughly the same number of staff. Around new year we employed a very senior manager under strict conditions that we wanted some financial details for expanding the company, his suggestions and information on number of staff etc required to bring about the expansion and what other costs / staff might be required all had to be delivered and presented tp]o the owner within i weeks, he agreed that he was capable (his CV certainly reflected that snd he was industry based) and it was easily manageable. 8 weeks elapsed arranged a meeting, he turned up with nothing, no presentation, no figures, no suggestion. He was sacked immediately and a replacement was sort, we are stilled baffled at why he did this, but you have no option, it’s not pleasurable, it’s not fun etc sacking someone, it makes management look foolish, but often it’s the only solution.
    Morning Thomas 😉
    Wished I had his money, mind you I wouldn’t buy a football club if I had.