Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) 🙄

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:
    My partner is an employment law expert, law degree etc (Union) 
    Just asked her what she thought, she said that there could be any number of reasons, but for someone at that level and so soon after hiring it screams to her as either not meeting targets/really shit at his job, or gross misconduct.
    But, unless either he or TS go public, it’s all conjecture 
    I'd say its very difficult for anyone in a COO role to be able to demonstrate the ability to "hit targets" after 6 weeks in a role - Jokat wasn't a sales rep selling widgets.

COOs have wide remits with long term objectives, not short term revenue targets based on sales.

Over and above that, if its a COO role of any scale, it would take at least 6 weeks to get up to speed with the industry and the organisation - typically the first three months are considered a "honeymoon period" where objectives are flexible, and that is recognised by both the employer and the employee.

I'm more inclined to suspect that there was a quick realisation that there wasn't a mutual appreciation or aligned outlook, and therefore Sandgaard moved first.
    The fact that it’s been reported that he was sacked, rather than left by mutual consent suggests to me more than just not being a good fit.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Just found the only programme I was given last season (thanks Jayden) and Tony Keohane was listed as Director of Operations" 

Can someone who has worked at Cafc or another Professional football club explain to me and others on CL that get lost in the noise exactly how the COO job and Tony Keohane's job as Director of Operations interact ?

Possibly @airmanbrown is the only person qualified on CL ?  
    @Henry Irving has been at meetings in the boardroom though probably a CEO not COO was at Cafc at that time ? The fan in the boardroom appeared to be a good idea.

Lots of Gossip and even RD having an inside man but prefer how the Jobs should work together and if that remit is being reached or not ? With the COO guy Jokat leaving, not in the opinion of Thomas.

My knowledge is all about coaching, formations and footballers and their idiosyncrasies. I have got the T-shirt on the football side but the internal workings of a pro football club are still a tad cumulus.
  • Options
    The problem is, if you don't sack somebody during the probation period, it is a lot harder and potentially more expensive to do so. I suspect it boils down to him being a disapointment. 
    Not correct. You can get rid of anyone in the first two years without having to provide a justification - it's no more difficult than during a probation period.

A probation period simply provides a clear timeframe in which to demonstrate capability, at the end of which appointment to the permanent staff ususally brings additional benefits. 
  • Options
    The problem is, if you don't sack somebody during the probation period, it is a lot harder and potentially more expensive to do so. I suspect it boils down to him being a disapointment. 
    Not correct. You can get rid of anyone in the first two years without having to provide a justification - it's no more difficult than during a probation period.

A probation period simply provides a clear timeframe in which to demonstrate capability, at the end of which appointment to the permanent staff ususally brings additional benefits. 
    You've normally got a shorter notice period say 2 weeks during the probation period - which then costs less than paying up the 3 or months notice period.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    My partner is an employment law expert, law degree etc (Union) 
    Just asked her what she thought, she said that there could be any number of reasons, but for someone at that level and so soon after hiring it screams to her as either not meeting targets/really shit at his job, or gross misconduct.
    But, unless either he or TS go public, it’s all conjecture 
    I'd say its very difficult for anyone in a COO role to be able to demonstrate the ability to "hit targets" after 6 weeks in a role - Jokat wasn't a sales rep selling widgets.

COOs have wide remits with long term objectives, not short term revenue targets based on sales.

Over and above that, if its a COO role of any scale, it would take at least 6 weeks to get up to speed with the industry and the organisation - typically the first three months are considered a "honeymoon period" where objectives are flexible, and that is recognised by both the employer and the employee.

I'm more inclined to suspect that there was a quick realisation that there wasn't a mutual appreciation or aligned outlook, and therefore Sandgaard moved first.
    I imagine that too. The business version of "artistic differences".

His objectives were far too long to be judged in a few weeks, especially when many of the big decisions on sponsorship and suppliers would have been taken before he arrived 
  • Options
    I chatted with this fella Tuesday 21st at the East Stand boxes sales pitch, personally, I thought he got his pitch to potential punters all wrong, it really wasn't very good, a repetitive Power Point that didn't say much. It was very focused on how the newly renovated boxes (they need it badly), can be used to attract clients to join you, "Fleetwood on a wet cold Tuesday" is a hard sell!

This is league one football, filling a box with clients from what is now a very northern based league, is a hell of a trick!

All in all an average sales pitch by a man who clearly knows nothing about league 1 football and was happy to tell everyone so! Perhaps Mr T was of the same opinion? Wrong bloke Thomas.
    Sounds like this was the nail in the coffin & TS acted swiftly afterwards. I admire that as I like decisive people & rather that that letting the guy sod around for the next 6 months & cocking something else up. 
  • Options
    I chatted with this fella Tuesday 21st at the East Stand boxes sales pitch, personally, I thought he got his pitch to potential punters all wrong, it really wasn't very good, a repetitive Power Point that didn't say much. It was very focused on how the newly renovated boxes (they need it badly), can be used to attract clients to join you, "Fleetwood on a wet cold Tuesday" is a hard sell!

This is league one football, filling a box with clients from what is now a very northern based league, is a hell of a trick!

All in all an average sales pitch by a man who clearly knows nothing about league 1 football and was happy to tell everyone so! Perhaps Mr T was of the same opinion? Wrong bloke Thomas.

At long last, someone who has had dealings with Brian Jokat. Cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You've normally got a shorter notice period say 2 weeks during the probation period - which then costs less than paying up the 3 or months notice period.
    good point...
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The most obvious thing I think TS needs to realise is that unless we get in the Prem, we are not a commercial entity/or appeal to 1000s of new fans. The sooner he realises this, the better.  The only people that he should market the club to, are the 10,000 (give or take) people that have bought season tickets over the last 10 years, or come semi regularly.  Forget new fans, forget the match day experience (within reason), plough whatever money you can sustainability afford not the footballing side of things, appoint a hands on CEO for the non footballing side and hope that it pays off.  You can spend as much time and money as you want on selling the exec boxes, giving tickets to schools, or BOGOF or whatever, it won’t touch the sides or scratch the surface.  We are not a brand in any way, shape or form 
    Indeed Cabbies, was the view expressed by the majority of people in attendance, I think Mr Canadian, "I'm a ice hockey fan really" had sold TS a bill of goods, based on fanciful speculation and wishful thinking, rather then the harsh reality of League 1 football, I hope they manage to sell the boxes as they have already started spending money on them, maybe pitching to the right audience at the right price would have been an idea.  
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The most obvious thing I think TS needs to realise is that unless we get in the Prem, we are not a commercial entity/or appeal to 1000s of new fans. The sooner he realises this, the better.  The only people that he should market the club to, are the 10,000 (give or take) people that have bought season tickets over the last 10 years, or come semi regularly.  Forget new fans, forget the match day experience (within reason), plough whatever money you can sustainability afford not the footballing side of things, appoint a hands on CEO for the non footballing side and hope that it pays off.  You can spend as much time and money as you want on selling the exec boxes, giving tickets to schools, or BOGOF or whatever, it won’t touch the sides or scratch the surface.  We are not a brand in any way, shape or form 
    Indeed Cabbies, was the view expressed by the majority of people in attendance, I think Mr Canadian, "I'm a ice hockey fan really" had sold TS a bill of goods, based on fanciful speculation and wishful thinking, rather then the harsh reality of League 1 football, I hope they manage to sell the boxes as they have already started spending money on them, maybe pitching to the right audience at the right price would have been an idea.  
    And it’s not hard to get into the psyche of our fan base or who we are.  Pockets of concentrated fans in Bexley/Bexleyheath/Sidcup and further afield in Kent.  Some others scattered in south London, but all with a connection be it by family, friends or may be around from the more successful days from pretty much 20 years ago now.  Where I sit only has a core group of mainly blokes that have been coming for years, we’re the market you target your efforts on (and of course our regular female contingent), and that market only needs money spent on the team 
  • Options
    One of the most depressing non-political threads I have read in a long time.  
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    What is Ben Chorley up to these days?
    Ooh, never thought of that
    I'm not just a pretty face you know 😉
    I can never understand how people confuse “just” with “even“.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is Mr Canadian I'm an ice hockey fan really?
  • Options
    Who is Mr Canadian I'm an ice hockey fan really?
    Brian Jokat
  • Options
    Think TS needs to attend a seminar called " The importance of stability in a football club".

Squeaky b*m time for other staff members at our club ? 
    I bet Dangerfield is feeling somewhat apprehensive.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    So this just proves how different people can have different views on the same person. @Airman Brown suggested earlier perhaps insufficient due diligence was carried out on Jokat but here we see Steve Sutherland suggesting he was / is a good guy.

I'm more inclined to @golfaddick suggestion that perhaps a none too favourable sales pitch this(last?) week was his downfall and TS has decided to take action sooner rather than later. He is American and as I have observed before as a stereotype the US are more inclined to that mentality than we traditionally see in the UK.

This appointment i.e. non football is not / should not really be a concern for us as supporters. Many have said you just cant break even in L1 and need to pay to get out via squad investment so this periphery stuff need not be the issue it is being made in to. Its not symptomatic of the playing side where it would seem reasonable investment is happening and a new manager being given lots of discretion on his team. We asked for a clean slate on the squad and tactics and will likely get it.

Having said that it shows how far we have fallen when we see good in former L2 players coming to us!