Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) 🙄

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    Scoham said:
    Great posts from cabbles & Rob7Lee that perfectly sum up just where TS is failing in his approach. 

Like them and others, I fear that his lack of experience/knowledge, together with his stubbornness to listen to those who have gained success in the business, may be his downfall when income from his modus operandi fails to make a significant addition to his coffers.

This is NOT, as a Lifer stated, wanting him to fail. That's ridiculous. 

But it MIGHT be the reason why he may have to closely examine his motives for owning a L1 football club and reconsider his position. 

And as has been stated many times, it won't be a walk in the park to sell a club which doesn't own its ground & training ground. 

Problem is, IMO, too many fans are burying their heads in the sand... 
    Isn’t that last bit as bad as saying others want the club to fail? We could share our concerns constantly but that won’t change anything. We’re not at the point where we were under RD when CARD started are we?

What should we do as a fan base? Genuine question, I have concerns too but I can see there’s a different approach with recruitment with a focus on a style rather than simply buying players based on a 4-3-3 formation regardless of how they fit together and no idea how we want to play.

If we turn things around on the pitch the majority will be happy. If we in the same sort of position as last October then I can see talk of protests ramping up.

I also don’t see TS being the owner in a year or two if we’re still in L1 (or worse).
    Its quite sad to say, but sometimes it feels like a few on here miss a bit of a protest.🤷🏻‍♂️
    Who are these people? I for one don’t want to go through all that again
    The people always fucking moaning about everything they don’t like, instead of trying to enjoy being a football fan.good enough for you?or would you like a list? It’s an opinion ,why do I need to explain to you? 
    A bit harsh, @shirty5 posted nothing offensive.
    Yes possibly, I was having a bad day and shirty had got a bit shirty with me lately, so Bore the brunt😬 I apologise shirty5 nothing personal.
    If asking a fair question is getting Shirty, then best I stay well clear of you on here in future, if you are going to react like you did yesterday 
    Shirty I’ve apologised, please take it genuinely and don’t stay well clear mate. We’re all grown ups and don’t have to agree. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Another one for our Pantheon of Charlton Heroes wall (by the back of the bins down in the south west corner behind the knot weed, fox shit and stingers!)
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    Scoham said:
    Great posts from cabbles & Rob7Lee that perfectly sum up just where TS is failing in his approach. 

Like them and others, I fear that his lack of experience/knowledge, together with his stubbornness to listen to those who have gained success in the business, may be his downfall when income from his modus operandi fails to make a significant addition to his coffers.

But it MIGHT be the reason why he may have to closely examine his motives for owning a L1 football club and reconsider his position. 

And as has been stated many times, it won't be a walk in the park to sell a club which doesn't own its ground & training ground. 

Isn’t that last bit as bad as saying others want the club to fail? We could share our concerns constantly but that won’t change anything. We’re not at the point where we were under RD when CARD started are we?

What should we do as a fan base? Genuine question, I have concerns too but I can see there’s a different approach with recruitment with a focus on a style rather than simply buying players based on a 4-3-3 formation regardless of how they fit together and no idea how we want to play.

If we turn things around on the pitch the majority will be happy. If we in the same sort of position as last October then I can see talk of protests ramping up.

I also don’t see TS being the owner in a year or two if we’re still in L1 (or worse).
    Its quite sad to say, but sometimes it feels like a few on here miss a bit of a protest.🤷🏻‍♂️
    The people always fucking moaning about everything they don’t like, instead of trying to enjoy being a football fan.good enough for you?or would you like a list? It’s an opinion ,why do I need to explain to you? 
    Yes possibly, I was having a bad day and shirty had got a bit shirty with me lately, so Bore the brunt😬 I apologise shirty5 nothing personal.
    If asking a fair question is getting Shirty, then best I stay well clear of you on here in future, if you are going to react like you did yesterday 
    Shirty I’ve apologised, please take it genuinely and don’t stay well clear mate. We’re all grown ups and don’t have to agree. 
    "He's gonna cry in a minute, cry in a minute".
  • Options
    A mornings posts of verbal diarrhea and next to nothing about the subject matter.
    Bit hungover mate?
  • Options
    I must admit that I like Adkins. I think he was set up to fail but he seems a decent, positive bloke to me.
    Definitely- one of football’s good guys and it was a shame it didn’t work out for him here.  I hope he finds a role that he enjoys very soon and sees out his career somewhere with some success
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    Scoham said:

"He's gonna cry in a minute, cry in a minute".
    With laughter!!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I intend to win Euromillions on Tuesday. Once that happens I buy the training ground and Valley from Roland.
    No ifs no buts.

That's sounds great that you will buy Cafc, lock, stock and barrel but after reading some of your tweets of late you would sack the Manager if we don't get 30 points from 10 games 

Plum out !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    swordfish said:
    paulfox said:
    I have heard that the club was a shambles behind the scenes from other sources which I won't name. Stop attacking people for being cautious. We all want our club to succeed but you can't drum doubts out of people. What happens on the pitch and off it will do that.
    Not attacking anyone, these people are happy to let us know they have concerns, so don’t pussyfoot around it and come out with it, otherwise it’s just rumour. If we win the 1st ten games of the season I wonder how the doubts will be affected then?. Like I say if it is individual grievance, take it up with the club.
    @paulfox -Morning Paul. I've been mulling this over of late and here's a slightly different take on it.

With the advent of social media, for good or ill, we appear a more divided society as a result and we see those divisions in all walks of life, on here being no exception. We all want Charlton to win though, on that we can all agree.

I freely admit to getting carried away on a wave of optimism for the coming season and probably am letting my heart rule my head. It's my revolutionary new 'glass half full' attitude, alien to me though much of my Charlton supporting history. I started going back in Andy Nelson's final season in charge and my first ever chant was "Nelson Out" which I'd sing straining every sinew in my neck to project it out with as much anger as possible. Such Happy Days! So you could say protesting about Charlton has become second nature to me.

And therein lies the crux of the matter for me. Because we've had to put up with so much shi*t in the past, and have had to act collectively to do something about it, I can see now that I'm guilty of assuming that any criticism coming the owners way means his detractors automatically want rid of him, rather than wanting or allowing him the time to to reform. It's all black and white, good versus evil, saint or sinner, you get the picture. We see it in politics all the time. I have to get it into my head that not all who disagree with him are primed to start tearing up bed sheets, wet or otherwise, and reach for the plastic pigs.

That's my fault, but its a perception I have because of the past when such battles were valiantly fought and won. The only battles I want to see this season though will be fought on the pitch, and Wollacott has a hard punch, or so we're told, so we should be in good shape there.

But that's the way its suposed to be isnt it ? The start of any new season should be full of excitement and anticipation! There is plenty of time to be on a downer during the season if you support CAFC. The best time to be a supporter most seasons is before the season starts. It just pisses me off when all the negative stuff ( 99% of which is unfounded like the latest rent not being paid shit ) is bringing people down when we should imo take this very small window of excited optimism 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    swordfish said:
    paulfox said:
    I have heard that the club was a shambles behind the scenes from other sources which I won't name. Stop attacking people for being cautious. We all want our club to succeed but you can't drum doubts out of people. What happens on the pitch and off it will do that.
    Not attacking anyone, these people are happy to let us know they have concerns, so don’t pussyfoot around it and come out with it, otherwise it’s just rumour. If we win the 1st ten games of the season I wonder how the doubts will be affected then?. Like I say if it is individual grievance, take it up with the club.
    @paulfox -Morning Paul. I've been mulling this over of late and here's a slightly different take on it.

With the advent of social media, for good or ill, we appear a more divided society as a result and we see those divisions in all walks of life, on here being no exception. We all want Charlton to win though, on that we can all agree.

I freely admit to getting carried away on a wave of optimism for the coming season and probably am letting my heart rule my head. It's my revolutionary new 'glass half full' attitude, alien to me though much of my Charlton supporting history. I started going back in Andy Nelson's final season in charge and my first ever chant was "Nelson Out" which I'd sing straining every sinew in my neck to project it out with as much anger as possible. Such Happy Days! So you could say protesting about Charlton has become second nature to me.

And therein lies the crux of the matter for me. Because we've had to put up with so much shi*t in the past, and have had to act collectively to do something about it, I can see now that I'm guilty of assuming that any criticism coming the owners way means his detractors automatically want rid of him, rather than wanting or allowing him the time to to reform. It's all black and white, good versus evil, saint or sinner, you get the picture. We see it in politics all the time. I have to get it into my head that not all who disagree with him are primed to start tearing up bed sheets, wet or otherwise, and reach for the plastic pigs.

That's my fault, but its a perception I have because of the past when such battles were valiantly fought and won. The only battles I want to see this season though will be fought on the pitch, and Wollacott has a hard punch, or so we're told, so we should be in good shape there.

But that's the way its suposed to be isnt it ? The start of any new season should be full of excitement and anticipation! There is plenty of time to be on a downer during the season if you support CAFC. The best time to be a supporter most seasons is before the season starts. It just pisses me off when all the negative stuff ( 99% of which is unfounded like the latest rent not being paid shit ) is bringing people down when we should imo take this very small window of excited optimism 
    Yeah right. 
    I'm full of excited optimism at the prospect of another season of league one shite.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    swordfish said:
    paulfox said:

Yeah right. 
    I'm full of excited optimism at the prospect of another season of league one shite.
    I don’t mind as long as everyone else is shite and we are good, just got to go up.🤞
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    swordfish said:
    paulfox said:

Yeah right. 
    Hahaha but that's what I mean mate. Its during this period that we should be on a high of anticipation that the season is going to be great. The downer can come after about 6 games but for now we can all believe 😉
  • Options
    A bit off topic, but just saw him on the news here in NZ being interviewed. Serious injuries on a flight from Sydney to Auckland. He was also interviewed by the local newspaper:

People just started screaming'

Passenger Brian Jokat said the plane "just dropped" about two-thirds of the way through the flight.

"There was no pre-turbulence, we were just sailing smoothly the whole way," he said.

"I had just dozed off and I luckily had my seatbelt on, and all of a sudden the plane just dropped.

"It wasn't one of those things where you hit turbulence and you drop a few times ... we just dropped."

A passenger two seats away from him was not wearing his seatbelt, and flew up and hit the ceiling, Jokat said.

"I thought I was dreaming. I opened my eyes and he was on the roof of the plane on his back, looking down on me. It was like The Exorcist."

The man then fell back to the floor, breaking his ribs on his arm rest, Jokat said.

Three or four other people had hit the ceiling too, breaking some of the plane's interior with their heads and shoulders, he said.

"Then people just started screaming. I felt the plane take a nosedive - it felt like it was at the top of a rollercoaster, and then it flattened out again."

The incident took "split seconds", Jokat said.

Afterwards, a few doctors on board "patched up" the injured, with the assistance of the flight crew.

There were "some seriously injured people", he said - some had broken bones, while others had neck and head injuries.

Jokat said the pilot came to the back of the plane once the plane landed.

"I asked him 'what happened?' and he said to me 'I lost my instrumentation briefly and then it just came back all of a sudden'.

"I know he felt really bad for everyone."

• Options
    Michael Crichton wrote a book about exactly that.
    I read it whilst I was on a long haul flight.
    In the book it turned out the pilot let his son take control for a split second.
    I wonder, was it bring your kid to work day? 🤔
  • Options
    Ah yes, Airframe, my parents had that knocking around, I skimmed some of it as a kid. Obviously in Crichton's one there were a couple of deaths, luckily none here. 'I lost my instrumentation briefly' feels like a cover-up for some sort of major mistake, as a habitual air incident recap youtube watcher I'll be on the lookout...
  • Options
    I would imagine Brian Jokat  is used to falling very quickly after his time at Cafc !
  • Options
    The poor bloke with the broken ribs, that sounds really painful.
  • Options
    edited March 11
    To be serious for a moment. (Unlikely)

A story in the media this morning tells of an Airbus A320 Indonesian flight in January 2024 from Sulawesi to Jakarta where both the pilot and co pilot were asleep for 28 minutes and the plane went a tad off course !
    Air traffic control couldn't get a response and the 32 year old pilot and 28 year old co-pilot have been suspended.

The excuse from the co pilot was he has baby twins and nodded off after the pilot had some shut eye. The pilot may have been tired after servicing the female cabin crew ?
    Call me old fashioned but the AI on a plane still needs an alert pair of eyes on the screen.

Surely Air traffic control can hit a loud siren to go off in the cockpit when no reply ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    We did some work for Brian in his apartment when he was with the club.  the all singing/all dancing self made rich guy and hero supposedly..

we charged him an agreed & discounted rate of £160 for the works but he ignored it repeatedly until I phoned him and asked why he was ignoring us.  In the end he agreed to pay £120 because he didn’t feel we were in his property for long enough to justify the full fee.  I just couldn’t be bothered arguing any more with him as it was costing me money talking to him.  Arsehole

Well sounds like he decorated his underpants, so perhaps a little bit of justice?
  • Options
    Bloody hell Swis. That’s not good
  • Options
    edited March 11
    50+ passengers injured
    https://simpleflying.com/latam-boeing-787-sudden-drop-50-passengers-injured/

Sounds like a major technical failure, no height data broadcast for 8 minutes, no data broadcast at all for 3 minutes and all screens going blank (as per the quote in Danepak's post)
  • Options
    edited March 11
    In the book it turned out the pilot let his son take  2control for a split second.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_593

That actually really has happened. Well for more than a few seconds but an actual child piloting a plane and ending terribly.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    In the book it turned out the pilot let his son take  2control for a split second.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_593

That actually really has happened. Well for more than a few seconds but an actual child piloting a plane and ending terribly.
    Blooming eck! 😳
  • Options
    Wow. This thread. Page 15 deserves a special cross reference from the fear of flying thread 
  • Options
    edited March 12
    I was on a plane that "just dropped" once. Only lasted a couple of seconds but felt longer. Turns out it happens when the engines go through air that's too thin so there isn't enough thrust produced. They then hit denser air again and start flying normally.  Bloody scary it was.