Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) šŸ™„

Comments

• Options
    Is raising concerns whining? Let's agree to differ. We all want the club to do well and let's hope we do.
    Indeed.šŸ‘
  • Options
    Out of interest, why has he lost interest?
    Heā€™s 7, we were not winning,attention span, do I really need to go into detail, Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty obvious. šŸ‘šŸ˜‚
  • Options
    At least in League One we should be able to have a good winning spell. As long as we do the right things.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    paulfox said:
    Knowing what is going on with the club you love is important. We are in a league we shouldn't be in and the longer we are in it the more damage is inflicted on us. Being critical about everything is wrong but so is being a happy clapper.Ā 

I haven't got enough information about Sandgaard to assume he will not be a success. Ultimately, however well or badly we are run off the pitch, the biggest positive would be success on the pitch. It is just when you see what looks like basic errors off the pitch, it is natural to be suspicious of what you see on the pitch.

I heard murmours about the club being a shambles last season, both from some on here and elsewhere. That concerns me. But in the short term. If Garner is the right man and he is backed, we could get that jump we need. But my view of Sandgaard is that he hasn't got the football knowledge not to have a competent CEO. That can change but my rule in life is when you are searching for the truth, the final place you should look for it is where you want it to be.Ā 
    To be honest the happy clapper assumptions are in the main being used to ridicule people that are happy to wait and see what TS does about making us a good club again. I would imagine you would put myself into the happy clapper bracket?, Ā however if you read my posts when supporting TS, I have always saidā€¦. I will support him until there is absolute and undeniable truth he is doing us wrong, and I will then happily get on board with any actions that need to take place. So not happy clapping, just doing the right thing and giving people a chance. There is a group on here that for some reason donā€™t appear to want to give him that chance whatever decision he makes, because he is not doing what they want, which would align with previous good regimes, unfortunately as much as we all like to live in the past, times have changed and things are done differently, sometimes for the better, other times for the worse. The time spent whining about things out of most of our control would probably be better spent getting behind and supporting the club, because thatā€™s when things start to go well and that would be taking from/ living in the past. A lot of the things being complained about are generally things that would not directly affect our match day experience, which for the MAJORITY of us is all that matters, not the politics around the club, as sad to some of you as it may sound , although Charlton has been a big part of my life there are more important things, so Charlton is my release from the pressures of life. Maybe instead of bitching on a forum if you feel so strongly, take it up directly with the club, and if you make things better for the rest of us by doing so, then fair play to you.
    I'm sorry I just cannot see that. Go on Twitter and there you see a handful of people who do what him to go. On here what I see are some people questioning what is happening (in my case with the constant turnover of senior staff and the giving away of free tickets), I don't see it at all on here as people not giving him a chance, they are simply questioning what is happening (on a a debating platform). On here I have not seen 1 comment of wanting him out, a protest or even the suggestion no one will give him a chance .Ā  I believe everyone on here wants him to succeed as we will all benefit.

I'm sure TS would agree that the constant turnover of staff (particularly as now most are appointments he made) is not what he saw happening, as this i believe as been detrimentalĀ  to him taking us forward as he would have hopedĀ 

As many have pointed out all the time we are at this level the club simply cannot function. It will lose circa Ā£8m per year whoever the owner is. At presant TS is funding that shortfall and for that I am grateful. But he came into this not to plug a hole in our cash flow in the 3rd tier. He wants a lot more. Simply he/we need to get promoted ASAP

You talk about taking stuff up with the club, I have done tha, spent numerous hours of my time giving them my thoughts and ideas. In the end Wayne Mumford promised to involve me, he simply never did. I'm more than happy to help the club in anyway I can.

Finally you say it would be better just supporting the team. I have bought mine and my 3 boys season tickets for next season. I have also bought train tickets for Accrington for the 3 of us, and travel plans advanced for Wednesday, Wycombe and Bolton. If that's not supporting the club, I'm not sure I can give any more
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94082/so-when-do-we-get-the-plastic-pigs-out-again/p1
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    paulfox said:
    Knowing what is going on with the club you love is important. We are in a league we shouldn't be in and the longer we are in it the more damage is inflicted on us. Being critical about everything is wrong but so is being a happy clapper.Ā 

I haven't got enough information about Sandgaard to assume he will not be a success. Ultimately, however well or badly we are run off the pitch, the biggest positive would be success on the pitch. It is just when you see what looks like basic errors off the pitch, it is natural to be suspicious of what you see on the pitch.

I heard murmours about the club being a shambles last season, both from some on here and elsewhere. That concerns me. But in the short term. If Garner is the right man and he is backed, we could get that jump we need. But my view of Sandgaard is that he hasn't got the football knowledge not to have a competent CEO. That can change but my rule in life is when you are searching for the truth, the final place you should look for it is where you want it to be.Ā 
    To be honest the happy clapper assumptions are in the main being used to ridicule people that are happy to wait and see what TS does about making us a good club again. I would imagine you would put myself into the happy clapper bracket?, Ā however if you read my posts when supporting TS, I have always saidā€¦. I will support him until there is absolute and undeniable truth he is doing us wrong, and I will then happily get on board with any actions that need to take place. So not happy clapping, just doing the right thing and giving people a chance. There is a group on here that for some reason donā€™t appear to want to give him that chance whatever decision he makes, because he is not doing what they want, which would align with previous good regimes, unfortunately as much as we all like to live in the past, times have changed and things are done differently, sometimes for the better, other times for the worse. The time spent whining about things out of most of our control would probably be better spent getting behind and supporting the club, because thatā€™s when things start to go well and that would be taking from/ living in the past. A lot of the things being complained about are generally things that would not directly affect our match day experience, which for the MAJORITY of us is all that matters, not the politics around the club, as sad to some of you as it may sound , although Charlton has been a big part of my life there are more important things, so Charlton is my release from the pressures of life. Maybe instead of bitching on a forum if you feel so strongly, take it up directly with the club, and if you make things better for the rest of us by doing so, then fair play to you.
    I'm sorry I just cannot see that. Go on Twitter and there you see a handful of people who do what him to go. On here what I see are some people questioning what is happening (in my case with the constant turnover of senior staff and the giving away of free tickets), I don't see it at all on here as people not giving him a chance, they are simply questioning what is happening (on a a debating platform). On here I have not seen 1 comment of wanting him out, a protest or even the suggestion no one will give him a chance .Ā  I believe everyone on here wants him to succeed as we will all benefit.

I'm sure TS would agree that the constant turnover of staff (particularly as now most are appointments he made) is not what he saw happening, as this i believe as been detrimentalĀ  to him taking us forward as he would have hopedĀ 

As many have pointed out all the time we are at this level the club simply cannot function. It will lose circa Ā£8m per year whoever the owner is. At presant TS is funding that shortfall and for that I am grateful. But he came into this not to plug a hole in our cash flow in the 3rd tier. He wants a lot more. Simply he/we need to get promoted ASAP

You talk about taking stuff up with the club, I have done tha, spent numerous hours of my time giving them my thoughts and ideas. In the end Wayne Mumford promised to involve me, he simply never did. I'm more than happy to help the club in anyway I can.

Finally you say it would be better just supporting the team. I have bought mine and my 3 boys season tickets for next season. I have also bought train tickets for Accrington for the 3 of us, and travel plans advanced for Wednesday, Wycombe and Bolton. If that's not supporting the club, I'm not sure I can give any more
    Well done you,šŸ‘ if we get promoted many of those problems start to diminish, which Iā€™m guessing is part of the plan. But maybe there is something more sinister going on!!!šŸ¤šŸ¤”
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    paulfox said:
    I have heard that the club was a shambles behind the scenes from other sources which I won't name. Stop attacking people for being cautious. We all want our club to succeed but you can't drum doubts out of people. What happens on the pitch and off it will do that.
    Not attacking anyone, these people are happy to let us know they have concerns, so donā€™t pussyfoot around it and come out with it, otherwise itā€™s just rumour. If we win the 1st ten games of the season I wonder how the doubts will be affected then?. Like I say if it is individual grievance, take it up with the club.
    @paulfox -Morning Paul. I've been mulling this over of late and here's a slightly different take on it.

With the advent of social media, for good or ill, we appear a more divided society as a result and we see those divisions in all walks of life, on here being no exception. We all want Charlton to win though, on that we can all agree.

I freely admit to getting carried away on a wave of optimism for the coming season and probably am letting my heart rule my head. It's my revolutionary new 'glass half full' attitude, alien to me though much of my Charlton supporting history. I started going back in Andy Nelson's final season in charge and my first ever chant was "Nelson Out" which I'd sing straining every sinew in my neck to project it out with as much anger as possible. Such Happy Days! So you could say protesting about Charlton has become second nature to me.

And therein lies the crux of the matter for me. Because we've had to put up with so much shi*t in the past, and have had to act collectively to do something about it, I can see now that I'm guilty of assuming that any criticism coming the owners way means his detractors automatically want rid of him, rather than wanting or allowing him the time to to reform.Ā It's all black and white, good versus evil, saint or sinner, you get the picture. We see it in politics all the time. I have to get it into my head that not all who disagree with him are primed to start tearing up bed sheets, wet or otherwise, and reach for the plastic pigs.

That's my fault, but its a perception I have because of the past when such battles were valiantly fought and won. The only battles I want to see this season though will be fought on the pitch, and Wollacott has a hard punch, or so we're told, so we should be in good shape there.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I successfully coaxed my 21 year old into becoming an addick through some grim years with the odd positive moment/s. Bribary is and always will be the answer. He'd get a day out, lunch at McDonalds and a wrestling figure from Smyths and it did the trick despite some poor results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    swordfish said:
    paulfox said:
    I have heard that the club was a shambles behind the scenes from other sources which I won't name. Stop attacking people for being cautious. We all want our club to succeed but you can't drum doubts out of people. What happens on the pitch and off it will do that.
    Not attacking anyone, these people are happy to let us know they have concerns, so donā€™t pussyfoot around it and come out with it, otherwise itā€™s just rumour. If we win the 1st ten games of the season I wonder how the doubts will be affected then?. Like I say if it is individual grievance, take it up with the club.
    @paulfox -Morning Paul. I've been mulling this over of late and here's a slightly different take on it.

With the advent of social media, for good or ill, we appear a more divided society as a result and we see those divisions in all walks of life, on here being no exception. We all want Charlton to win though, on that we can all agree.

I freely admit to getting carried away on a wave of optimism for the coming season and probably am letting my heart rule my head. It's my revolutionary new 'glass half full' attitude, alien to me though much of my Charlton supporting history. I started going back in Andy Nelson's final season in charge and my first ever chant was "Nelson Out" which I'd sing straining every sinew in my neck to project it out with as much anger as possible. Such Happy Days! So you could say protesting about Charlton has become second nature to me.

And therein lies the crux of the matter for me. Because we've had to put up with so much shi*t in the past, and have had to act collectively to do something about it, I can see now that I'm guilty of assuming that any criticism coming the owners way means his detractors automatically want rid of him, rather than wanting or allowing him the time to to reform.Ā It's all black and white, good versus evil, saint or sinner, you get the picture. We see it in politics all the time. I have to get it into my head that not all who disagree with him are primed to start tearing up bed sheets, wet or otherwise, and reach for the plastic pigs.

That's my fault, but its a perception I have because of the past when such battles were valiantly fought and won. The only battles I want to see this season though will be fought on the pitch, and Wollacott has a hard punch, or so we're told, so we should be in good shape there.

Morning mate, I agree , Iā€™m truly appreciate our fan base for the battles won over the past and been around for many of them, I also try very hard to see good in people as I like to think people will see Iā€™m a good person in return. To me the politics have taken more of a backseat in my supporting priorities, and what happens on a Saturday/Tuesday and enjoying it with my 7 year old has become that priority as it was when my dad started taking me since the age of 4, Iā€™m now 48. Iā€™m not head in the sand as some may say, but life has show me that itā€™s best to act upon facts and not rumours. The feel down the valley when things are going well is like no other and helps me getting up that bloody hill back to the car!!šŸ¤£, and thatā€™s what I want for my son to experience. Life in general gives us negatives, supporting your football club win or lose should be a positive in our lives.Ā 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I intend to win Euromillions on Tuesday. Once that happens I buy the training ground and Valley from Roland.
    No ifs no buts.
    Can I be the 1st to say I have doubts about you!!šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”, if you need added funds I may have a pound down the side of the sofa!!šŸ‘ good luck.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    seth plum said:
    I intend to win Euromillions on Tuesday. Once that happens I buy the training ground and Valley from Roland.
    No ifs no buts.
    To be excluded from the agreed sale price then?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    seth plum said:
    No ifs no buts.
    Can I be the 1st to say I have doubts about you!!šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”, if you need added funds I may have a pound down the side of the sofa!!šŸ‘ good luck.
    You are absolutely right to have doubts about me.
    After all I am a Johnny come lately flakey fan who lacks commitment to the club.
    I might be persuaded to sign the Valley over to the supporters trust, once it gets to 5000 members.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    paulfox said:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94082/so-when-do-we-get-the-plastic-pigs-out-again/p1
    Good point finding the link I had forgeeton about thatĀ  The fact its a question in the topic line, and the OP gets no likes and 30 Lols speaks volumes
  • Options
    Things went great on the pitch with Jiminez and co for a while but there was doubt in the background to the set up and it all fell down and we were sold to the rat then to the crooks then to TS .
    the whole issue was and always is the money side (edit:for us to keep on running as a going concern as a football club )
    TS wonā€™t have infinite cash to burn on us , he might and great if he does , trial and error and weā€™ll hopefully get to a stable footing in the championship (our natural fighting weight )
    If we get it right on the pitch that helps off it but you need genuine clued up leadership off it and all aligned to keep the good ship Charlton sailing at all times so we can navigate what lies ahead .

of course thereā€™s nothing anyone can do when a control freak is not willing to lose a bit of control and thatā€™s whatā€™s happening here imoĀ 

I can understand why people are concerned on here because most of us are in to the ins and outs of a ducksšŸ¦† arse where Charlton are concerned .šŸ˜œ

no one on here is calling for protests but Paul šŸ¦Š appears to snipe at every thing with some sarcy defence mechanism and a few emojis šŸ˜³šŸ„“šŸ™„šŸ‘

as for your son Foxy having coaxed 4 kids perfectly brainwashed in to season ticket holding Addicks (and one was a non interested petrol head) sweets , biscuits , pizza afterwards, constant lying about how long left , keeping him warm , telling him his mates donā€™t go and see their team their not real fans , Jedi mind tricks , derren brown hypnotism , threats verbal and physical , everything and anything ā€¦ do not give up , he has to become an Addick šŸ‘šŸ¤ŖšŸ‘

You make me sound far too cunning, didnā€™t realise you were a psychoanalyst. Obviously not quite so good at reading though as I said, it feels like people miss a protest, not that people are calling for one. You give with one hand and take away with the other in your comments, if you think Iā€™m a prick just say it, I wonā€™t lose sleep.šŸ‘šŸ˜‚šŸ¦Šā€¦ oh I did it again sarcastic and defensive.šŸ™„
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think you need to chill šŸ¦Šy Ā 
    I donā€™t think youā€™re a prickĀ 
    youā€™ve just got far too touchy of late and I had you down as one of the kool kidz like me .
    and for the record I donā€™t think anyone is missing a protest , theyā€™re far too much agg šŸ‘
    Iā€™m not touchy mate, just say as I feel, at the moment I feel we need to be more focused in supporting the team after last seasons disaster. If things go tits with TS then it will be dealt with accordingly Iā€™m sure. I enjoy the debate and will 100% bite back if I Iā€™m being dug out( whereā€™s Kenneth!)and I donā€™t for a second think I know it all. If only to be a kool kid like you!šŸ¤£ I do think your newly found opinion of me is off the mark though. But you donā€™t really know me which is the downside of forums as conclusions are often wrong.Ā 
  • Options
    Minute's applause at Derby game for Jokat?

"All clap for a BJ". Let's get this trending on twitter people.
    Clap and Bj in the same sentence, I know what Iā€™d prefer!!
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Things went great on the pitch with Jiminez and co for a while but there was doubt in the background to the set up and it all fell down and we were sold to the rat then to the crooks then to TS .
    the whole issue was and always is the money side (edit:for us to keep on running as a going concern as a football club )
    TS wonā€™t have infinite cash to burn on us , he might and great if he does , trial and error and weā€™ll hopefully get to a stable footing in the championship (our natural fighting weight )
    If we get it right on the pitch that helps off it but you need genuine clued up leadership off it and all aligned to keep the good ship Charlton sailing at all times so we can navigate what lies ahead .

of course thereā€™s nothing anyone can do when a control freak is not willing to lose a bit of control and thatā€™s whatā€™s happening here imoĀ 

I can understand why people are concerned on here because most of us are in to the ins and outs of a ducksšŸ¦† arse where Charlton are concerned .šŸ˜œ

no one on here is calling for protests but Paul šŸ¦Š appears to snipe at every thing with some sarcy defence mechanism and a few emojis šŸ˜³šŸ„“šŸ™„šŸ‘

as for your son Foxy having coaxed 4 kids perfectly brainwashed in to season ticket holding Addicks (and one was a non interested petrol head) sweets , biscuits , pizza afterwards, constant lying about how long left , keeping him warm , telling him his mates donā€™t go and see their team their not real fans , Jedi mind tricks , derren brown hypnotism , threats verbal and physical , everything and anything ā€¦ do not give up , he has to become an Addick šŸ‘šŸ¤ŖšŸ‘

You make me sound far too cunning, didnā€™t realise you were a psychoanalyst. Obviously not quite so good at reading though as I said, it feels like people miss a protest, not that people are calling for one. You give with one hand and take away with the other in your comments, if you think Iā€™m a prick just say it, I wonā€™t lose sleep.šŸ‘šŸ˜‚šŸ¦Šā€¦ oh I did it again sarcastic and defensive.šŸ™„
    Nobody thinks you are a prick as far as I can see.
    But after all the shite Charlton have been through since Roland got his wrinkly hand on the club I think it's fair to say a lot of fans myself included find it hard to see too many positives while we are a struggling league one club.
    Some people try and see the positive side in any given situation and some don't.
    This is a very large football forum and as such people will have different opinions but by and large it's all done in a polite way.Ā 
    Twatter is where things get toxic and I don't venture over there.Ā 
    But on here it's just a group of fans giving their opinion.Ā 
    Long may it continue.Ā 
    I agree completely mate, I do try and see the positives if possible. Although Iā€™m not adverse to a negative comment. Iā€™m not blind to peoples concerns and respect everyoneā€™s views. Ultimately I want to see us all enjoying our day at the valley. Truthfully Iā€™m too long in the tooth to worry what people think of me, however I prefer to not be considered a prick!!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    paulfox said:

Make sure you're first in the queue for the new tops.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    Scoham said:
    Great posts from cabbles & Rob7Lee that perfectly sum up just where TS is failing in his approach.Ā 

Like them and others, I fear that his lack of experience/knowledge, together with his stubbornness to listen to those who have gained success in the business, may be his downfall when income from his modus operandi fails to make a significant addition to his coffers.

This is NOT, as a Lifer stated, wanting him to fail. That's ridiculous.Ā 

But it MIGHT be the reason why he may have to closely examine his motives for owning a L1 football club and reconsider his position.Ā 

And as has been stated many times, it won't be a walk in the park to sell a club which doesn't own its ground & training ground.Ā 

Problem is, IMO, too many fans are burying their heads in the sand...Ā 
    Isnā€™t that last bit as bad as saying others want the club to fail? We could share our concerns constantly but that wonā€™t change anything. Weā€™re not at the point where we were under RD when CARD started are we?

What should we do as a fan base? Genuine question, I have concerns too but I can see thereā€™s a different approach with recruitment with a focus on a style rather than simply buying players based on a 4-3-3 formation regardless of how they fit together and no idea how we want to play.

If we turn things around on the pitch the majority will be happy. If we in the same sort of position as last October then I can see talk of protests ramping up.

I also donā€™t see TS being the owner in a year or two if weā€™re still in L1 (or worse).
    Its quite sad to say, but sometimes it feels like a few on here miss a bit of a protest.šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
    Who are these people? I for one donā€™t want to go through all that again
    The people always fucking moaning about everything they donā€™t like, instead of trying to enjoy being a football fan.good enough for you?or would you like a list? Itā€™s an opinion ,why do I need to explain to you?Ā 
    A bit harsh, @shirty5 posted nothing offensive.
    Yes possibly, I was having a bad day and shirty had got a bit shirty with me lately, so Bore the bruntšŸ˜¬ I apologise shirty5 nothing personal.