Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Jokat confirmed to be new COO (p4), Sacked (p5) 🙄

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    Scoham said:
    Great posts from cabbles & Rob7Lee that perfectly sum up just where TS is failing in his approach. 

Like them and others, I fear that his lack of experience/knowledge, together with his stubbornness to listen to those who have gained success in the business, may be his downfall when income from his modus operandi fails to make a significant addition to his coffers.

This is NOT, as a Lifer stated, wanting him to fail. That's ridiculous. 

But it MIGHT be the reason why he may have to closely examine his motives for owning a L1 football club and reconsider his position. 

And as has been stated many times, it won't be a walk in the park to sell a club which doesn't own its ground & training ground. 

Problem is, IMO, too many fans are burying their heads in the sand... 
    Isn’t that last bit as bad as saying others want the club to fail? We could share our concerns constantly but that won’t change anything. We’re not at the point where we were under RD when CARD started are we?

What should we do as a fan base? Genuine question, I have concerns too but I can see there’s a different approach with recruitment with a focus on a style rather than simply buying players based on a 4-3-3 formation regardless of how they fit together and no idea how we want to play.

If we turn things around on the pitch the majority will be happy. If we in the same sort of position as last October then I can see talk of protests ramping up.

I also don’t see TS being the owner in a year or two if we’re still in L1 (or worse).
    Its quite sad to say, but sometimes it feels like a few on here miss a bit of a protest.🤷🏻‍♂️
    Who are these people? I for one don’t want to go through all that again
    The people always fucking moaning about everything they don’t like, instead of trying to enjoy being a football fan.good enough for you?or would you like a list? It’s an opinion ,why do I need to explain to you? 
    It’s a forum. If you don’t want to respond then fine. No need to get rude is there. 
    I would consider my reply , a response. And yes it’s a forum, in which I posted a hypothetical view.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    Still seems like it’s a bit of a shambles on the non playing side.  

If Tony Keohane isn’t employed by TS, and is there solely to watch things for RD, does he still try to get involved in day to day stuff.  How does it work?
    I believe he has had something to do with at least one member of staff leaving. Their job was imposed upon by the Duchatelet Employee because technically he could get himself involved. 
    Surely you can’t actually believe that Sandgaard would happily allow a Roland employee to stick around interfering in the day to day running of the club? Whether that interfering is direct or indirect. 
    Maybe he'd refuse to pay RD until the problem is out. 
    (Pure conjecture)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I think just because Thomas is trying a lot of things on the commercial side doesn't mean he has overestimated its potential.

To me it looks like he is trying to diversify the club's income stream and trying out a lot of initiatives to find those sources. Build, measure, learn.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    Great posts from cabbles & Rob7Lee that perfectly sum up just where TS is failing in his approach. 

Like them and others, I fear that his lack of experience/knowledge, together with his stubbornness to listen to those who have gained success in the business, may be his downfall when income from his modus operandi fails to make a significant addition to his coffers.

This is NOT, as a Lifer stated, wanting him to fail. That's ridiculous. 

But it MIGHT be the reason why he may have to closely examine his motives for owning a L1 football club and reconsider his position. 

And as has been stated many times, it won't be a walk in the park to sell a club which doesn't own its ground & training ground. 

Problem is, IMO, too many fans are burying their heads in the sand....
    Serious question, what would you have us do then? 

I haven't given up on the prospects of TS making a go of it, but I admit to knowing little of what goes on behind closed doors. What I absolutely want to avoid is attempting to drive out the owner. I've had enough of the instability and just want to concentrate on watching some better football next season.
    I can't believe that you're linking me with "attempting to drive out the owner". 

Yes, I went to Belgium twice in the "bad old days" of his ownership & hopefully played a very minor part in his downfall. 

And yes, I am very grateful for TS purchasing our club against all the odds.

BUT, I will not ignore what I, and others, feel are significant & possibly naive mistakes he's made (and probably still making) which are clearly costing him money, and hence possibly making him question his future in his role as owner. 

So, would you be surprised should that happen & he decides to walk away ? Would you be prepared, should it be necessary, to go to the lengths that others have in our past with the formation of the incredible Valley Party that effectively saved our club ? 

Maybe the current issues have brought home to Addicks of a similar age, that we don't have the prospect of a further 20 years or so in which to see our club progress onwards & upwards, unlike you younger ones. We need stability NOW and a credible plan for progression and as such, I have every right to question whether the current owner has this in hand or whether he's sleepwalking his way into further debt for the club we all love....which can only end in tears. 

Questioning his recruitment policy, for example, is merely indicating that he isn't experienced in appointing the right people to take a football club forward and as such, could benefit from some advice on the subject. Isn't that called constructive criticism ?  Or do you have zero interest into how much this guy is prepared to lose ...believing that he has bottomless pockets ? 

One thing that unites all Addicks is that we all want success & stability for our club. 

And as "customers", surely we have the right to question whether this is possible under the current owner if he continues to believe he knows best & continues to play his guitar while Charlton burns. 

If there's a "next time", some of us might not be around to sweep up the ashes....
    @Fanny Fanackapan Please don't think I was suggesting you are! I thought I was saying I didn't want to have to go through all that again, but I can see you've taken offence and that wasn't intended, so I apologise.

On the second point, it's news to me that TS is doubting his decision to buy the Club and questioning his role as owner, so yes, I would be surprised if he walked away so early in his tenure.

As a relative newcomer on here, what worries me most is that credible and reputable posters such as yourself, whose feet are much closer to the fire than mine so to speak, are so concerned and writing such things that don't fill me with any joy. What I see at the moment is that, just when we start to see some cohesion to a plan forming on the footballing side, the non footballing side appears far from ideal given that there have been a succession of senior personnel leaving, for whatever reason. It's not a good look as they say! 

Of course I don't want TS to keep making mistakes and wasting money, but he's invested in getting it right and I have to believe that he can, given that he's a highly successful businessman. Do I think he should hire an experienced CEO here, Yes, and it wouldn't take much for it to be an improvement of the last one we had under RD, but I get that TS is reluctant to delegate at this time, ill advised though that might be. 

I fear a perfect storm brewing if we don't get off to a flyer. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm anticipating the final edition of VoTV will hit the news stands with the details of the failings in the internal machinations of the Club. If it does the timing couldn't be worse if it potentially divides the fanbase and destabilises the season. As you pointed out, we all want success and stability for our club. Where we differ at the moment is that I still believe it can be achieved under TS, whereas I suspect, based on what you've seen and heard to date, that you don't. Apologies if I'm jumping to the wrong conclusion there.

BTW, Like yourself, I'm thinking in that same 20 year timeframe myself and know exactly what you mean. 

• Options
    No one knows what happened with Jokat but put it down to bad recruitment and TS getting something else wrong. However, it may be completely unrelated to performance and something happened that was a sackable offence. I don’t know what happened either but I think it’s unreasonable to hang TS out to dry over it and use it as a stick to beat him over the head with. And even if it was because of bad performance in his job then good on TS. He identified it and did something about it. I’d be more worried if that were the case that he kept Jokat in situ and let him keep on making mistake after mistake. That would be detrimental to the business.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Something is not sitting right here 
  • Options
    Not at all. I am waiting and seeing but willing to put some doubts out there and not shooting people down who do.
    I have no problem with doubts, it’s the doubts that unearthed the dodgy regimes, however don’t tar everyone with the same brush. Unless they are facts and proven to be so bearing in mind people only put out cryptic snippets of info, instead of being completely transparent about they’re findings,it just comes across as shit stirring.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Maybe rather than putting out cryptic snippets of info, they are putting out doubts rather than certainties. Had you not heard rumours that there were issues behind the scenes? Airman has been alluding to such for a while or is Airman not to be trusted. They have come from other sources too. It may be that Garner is a great replacement and we will build a strong squad. Some of us will call it when we see it but all of us hopes it happens of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe rather than putting out cryptic snippets of info, they are putting out doubts rather than certainties. Had you not heard rumours that there were issues behind the scenes? Airman has been alluding to such for a while or is Airman not to be trusted. They have come from other sources too. It may be that Garner is a great replacement and we will build a strong squad. Some of us will call it when we see it but all of us hopes it happens of course.
    Airman isnt the oracle mate, if so don’t allude just come out with it and save people a lot of time and money lining the pockets of people he is alluding to as not quite what it says on the packet. And then we can move on to the next owner, until Airman alludes to something else. Maybe a pattern is appearing here?.
  • Options
    I have heard that the club was a shambles behind the scenes from other sources which I won't name. Stop attacking people for being cautious. We all want our club to succeed but you can't drum doubts out of people. What happens on the pitch and off it will do that.
    Not attacking anyone, these people are happy to let us know they have concerns, so don’t pussyfoot around it and come out with it, otherwise it’s just rumour. If we win the 1st ten games of the season I wonder how the doubts will be affected then?. Like I say if it is individual grievance, take it up with the club.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    I have heard that the club was a shambles behind the scenes from other sources which I won't name. Stop attacking people for being cautious. We all want our club to succeed but you can't drum doubts out of people. What happens on the pitch and off it will do that.
    Not attacking anyone, these people are happy to let us know they have concerns, so don’t pussyfoot around it and come out with it, otherwise it’s just rumour. If we win the 1st ten games of the season I wonder how the doubts will be affected then?. Like I say if it is individual grievance, take it up with the club.
    Like you I expect 30 points after the first ten games.
    Bit of an ask granted, but the right aspiration.
    If we only get a measly 28 points then questions can be legitimately asked.
  • Options
    They will be affected positively of course. Nothing wrong with holding your station. I don't agree with people slagging the club off for the sake of it but raising reservations as even a true fan like Fanny has done. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    paulfox said:
    Like you I expect 30 points after the first ten games.
    Bit of an ask granted, but the right aspiration.
    If we only get a measly 28 points then questions can be legitimately asked.
    Some good football and a few wins to try and entice my son to get interested in Charlton again would do Seth. 
  • Options
    Out of interest, why has he lost interest?
  • Options
    We are all true fans mate, there’s no fans league table. If people are that confident in they’re doubts then don’t whine on a forum and act upon it if they feel so strongly. A lot of us see positive things happen and are happy to go along with it.