Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    Adkins had NO INTEREST in the players we signed last year.  He had zero suggestions and zero interest in it.  He had been out of the game for too long and wasn’t up to date with players but didn’t care anyway.  He was prepared to work with what he had.

Don’t think  it took too long to realise we had made a mistake but probably took too long to act on it.
     Wouldn't the suggestion of players came up in the interview? Surely the flags would have been there?

But I suppose when you've got a very inexperienced person conducting the interviews then this type off scenario was always a possibility.
    As long as the lesson is learned
  • Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    Adkins had NO INTEREST in the players we signed last year.  He had zero suggestions and zero interest in it.  He had been out of the game for too long and wasn’t up to date with players but didn’t care anyway.  He was prepared to work with what he had.

Don’t think  it took too long to realise we had made a mistake but probably took too long to act on it.
    No reason at all to not believe that but why would Thomas have heated arguments about it with someone that couldn't give a toss either way?
    Potentially Thomas was “sucked in” to Adkins positivity and played too large a role in his employment.  Regretted it and then took it all a bit personally
    I wonder if Adkins has ever bought in players?   Reading and Southampton both had proper director of football types......
  • Seems like we get about 8 stories about Adkin's reign, all completely different from each other. 

Taking anything with a pinch of salt, seems like most of the stories just want to rubbish Adkins' reign and shift the blame of the summer onto him. 
  • Has Euell got the qualifications to manage yet? Didn’t TS say he was really impressed by a presentation he’d seen Euell deliver that was looking at the future? 

Not saying he’s the right man but wouldn’t shock me tbh. 
  • mart77 said:
    Has Euell got the qualifications to manage yet? Didn’t TS say he was really impressed by a presentation he’d seen Euell deliver that was looking at the future? 

Not saying he’s the right man but wouldn’t shock me tbh. 
    It was on Charlton Live on their POTY podcast but I think it was Pearce.
  • Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:

No reason at all to not believe that but why would Thomas have heated arguments about it with someone that couldn't give a toss either way?
    Potentially Thomas was “sucked in” to Adkins positivity and played too large a role in his employment.  Regretted it and then took it all a bit personally
    He was always the wrong appointment. Another reason someone else should be advising him.
  • I did wonder if TS was taken in by someone in Adkins who's incredibly personable and probably a fantastic interviewee. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Wouldn't the suggestion of players came up in the interview? Surely the flags would have been there?

But I suppose when you've got a very inexperienced person conducting the interviews then this type off scenario was always a possibility.
    Which is clearly hasn’t, as no football people have been added to the senior management.
    Is there a problem? 1st I’ve heard of it.
  • All he needs to do is phone Peter Varney.
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Which is clearly hasn’t, as no football people have been added to the senior management.
    Brian Jokat’s spell with Olympiacos doesn’t count?…
  • Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Brian Jokat’s spell with Olympiacos doesn’t count?…
    Eight months as “sponsorship consultant”? 
    Wasn’t sure what his role was but wasn’t a serious comment.
  • Pre season starts 16th of June. 
    As things stand we have no manager and only half a squad. 
    Just saying. 
  • Pre season starts 16th of June. 
    As things stand we have no manager and only half a squad. 
    Just saying. 
    But other than that
  • This is how I feel at the moment:

• Sponsored links:

• Ffs that MUST mean it's done surely ???
  • PWADDICK said:

Michael Beale just posted an old photo of him bsvk when he was at charlton, basically official now then?

The guy on the left of Michael Beale  is going to be cafc new manager ?

'Who are yer'
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    2+2=1446878?

Yeah Beale tweeted earlier about having to get to a wedding after training , think this is really really clutching at straws. 
  • Just to clarify I was joking, seems a few have missed that
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    2+2=1446878?

Yeah Beale tweeted earlier about having to get to a wedding after training , think this is really really clutching at straws. 

Clearly throwing a wedding doo to celebrate his managerial marriage to Charlton.

ITS FUCKING HAPPENING!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!1!!1!!!
  • edited May 2022
    Post deleted as responses kinda proved the point.  Just one thing though, once the guy has had a lie down - as it appears Okay for people to jabber about players qualities, skills and effort (knowing that very few spouting their wisdom  are or have been professional footballers) and to question Curbishley for being out of the game “too long”, but seemingly not Okay for me to mention Sandgaard who has a CV without ANY football background, UK football experience or any link to  any type of football history at this level unless I am his long term mate is apparently “insulting”.  Good grief.  Talk about irony.

• It’s explained above that he is at a wedding today.