Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• It’s explained above that he is at a wedding today. 
    Yeah saw it on his Twitter- looks like it’s local though 
  • RoanRedNY said:
    it’s a real shame that recently fans can’t seem to just post their concerns about the team, recruitment, TS, MS, which are all valid - without a vociferous minority sweepingly insulting or abusing CL or posters with whom they don’t agree.  We are not entitled, or comparing to previous shit owners, TS “bashers” or stupid, we are simply concerned fans.  TS is the owner, but has said and done some bizarre things which gives cause for concern, and done some of those things very strangely.  His son knows SFA about football and an estimation of 10x the average sky viewer is an overestimate by about 10, recruitment and some of the back room structure is and continues to be an issue, concerns over management and new player recruitment are equally valid.  Let everyone have their say without sweeping generalizations or insults.  Doesn’t need to be that way just because some don’t agree.  It’s all opinion and conjecture and no-one on this forum has the “I’m always right” stick.
    Maybe I don’t tune in enough to posts, so what examples of insults or abuse have you read?
  • Who is the other guy? 

Made up rumour time 

i saw the other guy at new eltham train station.....must be our new assistant manager
  • RoanRedNY said:
    it’s a real shame that recently fans can’t seem to just post their concerns about the team, recruitment, TS, MS, which are all valid - without a vociferous minority sweepingly insulting or abusing CL or posters with whom they don’t agree.  We are not entitled, or comparing to previous shit owners, TS “bashers” or stupid, we are simply concerned fans.  TS is the owner, but has said and done some bizarre things which gives cause for concern, and done some of those things very strangely.  His son knows SFA about football and an estimation of 10x the average sky viewer is an overestimate by about 10, recruitment and some of the back room structure is and continues to be an issue, concerns over management and new player recruitment are equally valid.  Let everyone have their say without sweeping generalizations or insults.  Doesn’t need to be that way just because some don’t agree.  It’s all opinion and conjecture and no-one on this forum has the “I’m always right” stick.
    I totally agree with you mate 100% but I think what alot of people are trying to do is bring a bit of rationale to the discussion. Most of what is being thrown about is hearsay and conjecture which once said enough is accepted as fact when it clearly isnt the case.
    The window isnt open yet and some are moaning because we havent signed players. The manager hasnt been announced yet but interviews are clearly ongoing.
    MS is in charge of recruitment 
    Washington was sacked because he spoke out of turn.
    The list goes on and on but none of it is substantiated.
    I fully understand and accept that most on here wont be happy until we have dragged Curbs out of retirement, given Peter Varney the keys to the Valley etc but my point is let's just calm down and see who comes in as Manager after the process. What players we sign in the window. 
    If as some keep saying it turns out a complete balls up then fair enough but it's too early to start now imo that's all
  • AndyG said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    I totally agree with you mate 100% but I think what alot of people are trying to do is bring a bit of rationale to the discussion. Most of what is being thrown about is hearsay and conjecture which once said enough is accepted as fact when it clearly isnt the case.
    The window isnt open yet and some are moaning because we havent signed players. The manager hasnt been announced yet but interviews are clearly ongoing.
    MS is in charge of recruitment 
    Washington was sacked because he spoke out of turn.
    The list goes on and on but none of it is substantiated.
    I fully understand and accept that most on here wont be happy until we have dragged Curbs out of retirement, given Peter Varney the keys to the Valley etc but my point is let's just calm down and see who comes in as Manager after the process. What players we sign in the window. 
    If as some keep saying it turns out a complete balls up then fair enough but it's too early to start now imo that's all
    Curbs 14-1.
  • Who is the other guy? 

Made up rumour time 

i saw the other guy at new eltham train station.....must be our new assistant manager
    It’s Ben Odeje.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    I did wonder if TS was taken in by someone in Adkins who's incredibly personable and probably a fantastic interviewee. 
     I reckon most managers could talk the talk say all of the things that sandgaard wants to hear, & as somebody with very little football experience how does he separate the wheat from the chaff ? Call in junior ? Even for very experienced people in football it's difficult making the right choice of manager, sandgaard needs to be very lucky.

Absolutely, I wonder who's actually doing the interviews? TS,MS and SG?. 

I definitely think Adkins comes under the talk the talk type of manager. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I did wonder if TS was taken in by someone in Adkins who's incredibly personable and probably a fantastic interviewee. 
     I reckon most managers could talk the talk say all of the things that sandgaard wants to hear, & as somebody with very little football experience how does he separate the wheat from the chaff ? Call in junior ? Even for very experienced people in football it's difficult making the right choice of manager, sandgaard needs to be very lucky.

Well the sandgaards obviously & you'd like to think Gallen would be sat in there but who knows ?

• MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

True, but he had also walked the walk. Just quite a few years ago, and not for us unfortunately 😕
  • RoanRedNY said:
    it’s a real shame that recently fans can’t seem to just post their concerns about the team, recruitment, TS, MS, which are all valid - without a vociferous minority sweepingly insulting or abusing CL or posters with whom they don’t agree.  We are not entitled, or comparing to previous shit owners, TS “bashers” or stupid, we are simply concerned fans.  TS is the owner, but has said and done some bizarre things which give cause for concern, and done some of those things very strangely.  His son knows SFA about football and an estimation of 10x the average sky viewer is an overestimate by about 10.  Recruitment and some of the back room structure is and continues to be an issue, concerns over management and new player recruitment are equally valid.  Let everyone have their say without sweeping generalizations or insults.  Doesn’t need to be that way just because some don’t agree.  It’s all opinion and conjecture and no-one on this forum has the “I’m always right” stick.
    The highlighted irony here is why people do sometimes get annoyed at fans posting their concerns. What do you honestly know about Martin Sandgaard, other than what you've decided you know about him? Unless you know him personally, I suspect very little. So why are you insulting his football knowledge? It's true, he might not even know what shape the ball they use is, but I think it's slightly more likely that you're making a sweeping assumption, barbed with an insult, based on conjecture, which is exactly what you're complaining about other people doing. I think I need a lie down actually, this might have finished me.
    Hope you are Okay after your lie down - you need it as your logic must be strangling you.  Your irony in pointing out the irony is well noted.  

Assuming very few of the people on here have worked for a professional football club or played or managed at a professional level, we all still post about players, managers, clubs, training, formation, tactics and share our views/concerns, but apparently someone with absolutely no football connection, no football CV and probably not posting on this forum is not fair game unless I am lifelong mates with him. 

That’s really your point to a post simply asking for a little more tolerance of different views?  Good grief. 

My original post has been deleted and the forum closed for me.  I hate social media, have no twitterverse accounts and this type of response definitely reinforces the view that people are better of without it.
  • edited May 2022
    RoanRedNY said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    it’s a real shame that recently fans can’t seem to just post their concerns about the team, recruitment, TS, MS, which are all valid - without a vociferous minority sweepingly insulting or abusing CL or posters with whom they don’t agree.  We are not entitled, or comparing to previous shit owners, TS “bashers” or stupid, we are simply concerned fans.  TS is the owner, but has said and done some bizarre things which give cause for concern, and done some of those things very strangely.  His son knows SFA about football and an estimation of 10x the average sky viewer is an overestimate by about 10.  Recruitment and some of the back room structure is and continues to be an issue, concerns over management and new player recruitment are equally valid.  Let everyone have their say without sweeping generalizations or insults.  Doesn’t need to be that way just because some don’t agree.  It’s all opinion and conjecture and no-one on this forum has the “I’m always right” stick.
    The highlighted irony here is why people do sometimes get annoyed at fans posting their concerns. What do you honestly know about Martin Sandgaard, other than what you've decided you know about him? Unless you know him personally, I suspect very little. So why are you insulting his football knowledge? It's true, he might not even know what shape the ball they use is, but I think it's slightly more likely that you're making a sweeping assumption, barbed with an insult, based on conjecture, which is exactly what you're complaining about other people doing. I think I need a lie down actually, this might have finished me.
    Hope you are Okay after your lie down - you need it as your logic must be strangling you.  Your irony in pointing out the irony is well noted.  

Assuming very few of the people on here have worked for a professional football club or played or managed at a professional level, we all still post about players, managers, clubs, training, formation, tactics and share our views/concerns, but apparently someone with absolutely no football connection, no football CV and probably not posting on this forum is not fair game unless I am lifelong mates with him. 

That’s really your point to a post simply asking for a little more tolerance of different views?  Good grief. 

My original post has been deleted and the forum closed for me.  I hate social media, have no twitterverse accounts and this type of response definitely reinforces the view that people are better of without it.
    Jesus Christ. Of course we can all post opinions on tactics and players, but typically we have some concept of the things we're looking at. I don't think Albie Morgan is very good for instance, but I base that on what I've seen. Given that Martin Sandgaard is new on the scene I don't see how we can know anything about him (unless you know him, which is why I added that). Yet despite that you've stated that he 'knows SFA about football', and in the same breath complained that people are making assumptions. You can have reservations and concerns about what's going on at the club, I do too, but I just don't see on what basis you've claimed MS doesn't know anything about football, and the fact you've done that while moaning about people making assumptions is incredible to me, that's all. As for whatever you're talking about at the end there I have no idea. Can't help you with that.
  • PWADDICK said:

Michael Beale just posted an old photo of him bsvk when he was at charlton, basically official now then?
    Excuse me for being slow or missing something, but this Beale is a fan??  It’s written in the stars this move surely.
  • PWADDICK said:

Michael Beale just posted an old photo of him bsvk when he was at charlton, basically official now then?
    Excuse me for being slow or missing something, but this Beale is a fan??  It’s written in the stars this move surely.
     You did know he was here as a kid??
  • Gareth Ainsworth will be our next manager, not ITK, just a big hunch that stacks up waiting for this result.
    If I get this right f*** a promote, I must be given Moderator status.
  • I think we’re safe…
  • Sponsored links:

• I would have thought Taylor would have happened already if it was to happen. Both clubs seasons have finished and they would both want to get things done ASAP so planning can happen for next season 
    If my hunch does not happen we'll get an unknown. I had said from Denmark or a Yank.
  • I would have thought Taylor would have happened already if it was to happen. Both clubs seasons have finished and they would both want to get things done ASAP so planning can happen for next season 
    Maybe contracts are still being negotiated? 
  • PWADDICK said:

You did know he was here as a kid??
    I did not!  
  • It’s not going to be some Dane nobody has heard of 
  • Now Gravesend’s season is over, we can approach their German coach. 
  • Andy Woodman available on Monday.

But I don't think he's coming back to the Valley