Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    Now Gravesend’s season is over, we can approach their German coach. 
    Mercedes?
  • Andy Woodman available on Monday.

But I don't think he's coming back to the Valley 
    Is he going to Crawley? 
  • Swisdom said:
    It’s not going to be some Dane nobody has heard of 
    A Dane we have heard of?

😉 
    A Dane some have heard of?

(Jon Dal Tommason for instance).
  • Swisdom said:
    I think you're right, but do you know this for a fact?
  • edited May 2022

Here's another Dane we have heard of... B)
  • FFS even I'm getting doubtful the longer this drags on. 
  • Surely Ainsworth will go to QPR where he was a legend as a player won’t he?
  • Swisdom said:
    I didn’t watch but apparently the Wycombe performance yesterday was awful….that’s what you’ll get with Ainsworth!  I’m surprised people want him to be honest

i suspect QPR may be his calling

The reason is because Ainsworth over achieves as a manager and has done for a number of years. He has the nearest thing to a job for life and minimal pressure at Wycombe and if he decided to switch to the championship and say QPR he would've the same pressures that most managers are under.

The same reason that Tony Pulis worked his way up to the Premier League. His sides weren't great to watch but he had success in negating the opposition. 

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    I didn’t watch but apparently the Wycombe performance yesterday was awful….that’s what you’ll get with Ainsworth!  I’m surprised people want him to be honest

i suspect QPR may be his calling
    not many want him tbf. 
  • What’s the badge on the kit Beale and his mate are wearing. It’s not CAFC. Could be Junior Reds?
  • Redrobo said:
    Swisdom said:
    A Dane we have heard of?

😉 
    A Dane some have heard of?

(Jon Dal Tommason for instance).
    I did suggest several pages ago that the delay in appointment may be due to work permit problems. 
  • Andy Woodman available on Monday.

But I don't think he's coming back to the Valley 

Best mates with Southgate so hopefully we'll get some England loanees 
  • What’s the badge on the kit Beale and his mate are wearing. It’s not CAFC. Could be Junior Reds?
    Probably Valley Valliants
  • Dazzler21 said:
    FFS even I'm getting doubtful the longer this drags on. 
    Don’t ever bother altering your mood on a weekend, nothing ever happens.

This is the key week coming up. All football from any realistic targets will have finished and TS should definitely have had enough time. If by this time next week, nothing has happened then I think there’s cause for doubt. 👍

Could be Junior Reds, maybe one of the questions in his first interview... B)  
  • swordfish said:
    What’s the badge on the kit Beale and his mate are wearing. It’s not CAFC. Could be Junior Reds?
    Don't know what is, but I'm anticipating that Beale will Tweet again, I'm just not sure where, or even when, but I'm sure He'll Tweet again, some sunny day!

Is that a cryptic clue that Beale is going to Dover in the National League South  :)
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    FFS even I'm getting doubtful the longer this drags on. 
    Don’t ever bother altering your mood on a weekend, nothing ever happens.

This is the key week coming up. All football from any realistic targets will have finished and TS should definitely have had enough time. If by this time next week, nothing has happened then I think there’s cause for doubt. 👍
    The champions league hasnt finished yet......
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    swordfish said:
    What’s the badge on the kit Beale and his mate are wearing. It’s not CAFC. Could be Junior Reds?
    Don't know what is, but I'm anticipating that Beale will Tweet again, I'm just not sure where, or even when, but I'm sure He'll Tweet again, some sunny day!

Is that a cryptic clue that Beale is going to Dover in the National League South  :)
    All I know is that I know nothing! I'm not ITK and confused as to what sort of appointment we're looking to make. A  manager who has a say over incomings and has L1 promotion experience, or a promising Head coach who's happy to work with what he's given , which might be seen as more of a gamble. Hopefully we'll soon know. FWIW, my hunch is it won't be Beale, which should seal the deal & he'll be announced  tomorrow 😉
  • I think if Beale has ever been interested, any confirmation i wouldn’t have expected until after todays fixtures. Which is my guess we’ve heard nothing, if it’s not him then I’m stumped and it proves I don’t have a clue!!!🤣

• Here's another Dane we have heard of... 

I'll settle for the gluten free version.
  • edited May 2022
    I am confident that we are heading to sunlit uplands! 
    The stars are aligned! 
  • If the Beale appointment is happening, next season just cannot come quick enough.
  • Scoham said:
    I think we’re safe…
    Think again

Oh FFS...
  • Telegraph saying Villa are confident Beale won’t leave 
  • Todays Telegraph. Villa confident Beale will stay