Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Certainly has an interesting CV. Flown under the radar a bit.  Prepared to give him a go if he’s the chosen one. 
  • I don’t see it being either Taylor or Beale. Was all too simple. I think it’s going to be right out of left field.

Barnes or Daley though?
  • edited May 2022
    Garner sounds an interesting candidate and his experience at Swindon would prepare him well - good win rate as well.

However…….

“Of course we talked to Michael. We’ve also been a little more ambitious than that, in terms of the level of managers we’ve been reaching for.”

Apart from being insulting and the reports suggest this isn’t happening, you have to wonder what “really ambitious” would look like? Conference?

After 20 days how has “more ambitious” than Beale morphed into a league two manager?
  • IAgree said:
    Garner sounds an interesting candidate and his experience at Swindon would prepare him well - good win rate as well.

However…….

“Of course we talked to Michael. We’ve also been a little more ambitious than that, in terms of the level of managers we’ve been reaching for.”

Apart from being insulting and the reports suggest this isn’t happening, you have to wonder what “really ambitious” would look like? Conference?

After 20 days how has “more ambitious” than Beale morphed into a league two manager?
    That quote is from around November last year.
  • edited May 2022
    Scoham said:
    IAgree said:

However…….

My bad - didn’t realise - however it was still a bit insulting and there is a gulf between the stated ambition and reality
  • IAgree said:
    Scoham said:
    IAgree said:

However…….

My bad - didn’t realise - however it was still a bit insulting and there is a gulf between the stated ambition and reality
    I’m just going to watch 20/20 till we get a manager!
  • Sponsored links:

• I have absolutely nothing to back this up but I reckon it will be announced tomorrow:)
  • edited May 2022
    6:25pm tomorrow.

I am itk.
  • 6:25pm tomorrow.

I am itk.
    6:25:14pm tomorrow.

I am really itk.
  • Where's dazzler when you need him
  • edited May 2022
  • edited May 2022
    Deleted comment about Beale. Already been done 2 pages ago.
  • It’s quite alarming, if true, that we’re still interviewing candidates.
    I'm in a similar mindset, but also think we'd be stupid to stop interviewing simply because we have a preferred candidate or offers out.
  • edited May 2022
    I suspect that Thomas has hedged so many bets he has back himself in to a corner.  Again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I suspect that Thomas has hedged so many bets he has back himself in to a corner.  Again.
    Too...many... metaphors...all I can see is TS in a corner with hedges crowding and jostling him tighter and tighter...
    It depends on what is meant by "interviewing" honestly. If we are still looking at potential candidates right from the initial stages then yes that's a bit alarming. If however it's a case of having a second round of interviews with shortlisted candidates and talking terms etc with several viable options then it's less so.

Sooner is obviously better than later, but Thomas cannot afford (quite possibly literally) to get it wrong again. 
  • I'd hope something is done this week , regardless of who it is. Garner an interesting name to throw into the mix and not someone I'd really considered but has clearly done a good job with limited time to put a squad together at Swindon 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Too...many... metaphors...all I can see is TS in a corner with hedges crowding and jostling him tighter and tighter...
    Not a metaphor

https://nz.linkedin.com/in/andy-hedge-b57b4681?original_referer=https://www.google.com/ 

Andy Hedge - A coach with a strong focus on developing youth. One of Andy's sons is named Thomas. 

• LTKapal said:
    Where's dazzler when you need him
    I think he’s given up on lists, poor guy!
  • It's all gone very Phil Parkinson.
    Unfortunately we are. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    It’s quite alarming, if true, that we’re still interviewing candidates.
    Unfortunately we are. 
    How do you know?? Or are you guessing?
  • Always worth remembering that if we’re after Beale, Taylor and the rest, then so are other clubs. 
    It’s possibly unlikely that we’ll get our first choice. Or even our second choice. We’ll see.