Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Scoham said:

Thomas Sandgaard said he was looking to be more ambitious than Michael Beale the first time around so how does rubbish like this get recycled. Only an apology from Thomas and a guaranteed contract of 3 years would make him go from assistant coach at Premier Villa to the quick turnover of managers at Cafc.

Not digging you out Scoham as you do a lot of good research on CL.
  • So your saying the next 48 hours are cruci… oh I give up
  • Scoham said:
    Another cases of two different stories being put together and getting a third.  Two half truths added together to make something completely different.
  • Richard J said:
    If it is Beale then he needs at least two or three seasons to get us out of this league before anyone questions him. I like the fact he has a Charlton connection but he has had a very interesting football journey since then. 

In my view it is a shame JJ hadn't been in the Afc Wombles job for a couple of years before getting an opportunity with us. It is difficult to transition as a player to coaching and sometimes it may be better that this is done at a different club because team mates need to view him differently. 
    We (or particularly TS) can’t afford to stay in league 1 three years. If the recruitment is right there’s no reason we can’t go up and we shouldn’t happy progressing a couple of places each year. 
    Exactly, if we are still in this division in 24/25 Thomas will be about 50 million in the brown.
  • edited May 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    I am confident that we are heading to sunlit uplands! 
    The stars are aligned! 
    Edit: apologies, I think I was having a senior moment after having a very rare caffeinated coffee. 

Normal service resumed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    If it is Beale then he needs at least two or three seasons to get us out of this league before anyone questions him. I like the fact he has a Charlton connection but he has had a very interesting football journey since then. 

In my view it is a shame JJ hadn't been in the Afc Wombles job for a couple of years before getting an opportunity with us. It is difficult to transition as a player to coaching and sometimes it may be better that this is done at a different club because team mates need to view him differently. 
    We (or particularly TS) can’t afford to stay in league 1 three years. If the recruitment is right there’s no reason we can’t go up and we shouldn’t happy progressing a couple of places each year. 
    Exactly, if we are still in this division in 24/25 Thomas will be about 50 million in the brown.
    I think it fair to say if we are still in this division in 24/25 TS will be a thing of the past by then, not sure he has the clout to hang here for a number of years unless a few of the golden generation turns out to be exactly that and we cash some of them in
  • AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:

I think it fair to say if we are still in this division in 24/25 TS will be a thing of the past by then, not sure he has the clout to hang here for a number of years unless a few of the golden generation turns out to be exactly that and we cash some of them in
    How many are you going to have to sell to raise that sort of cash? 
  • I’m guessing either Taylor is on holiday and they are waiting for him to return for the photo shoot or, out of respect to the Prem league title race, they are waiting for todays fixtures to be completed before8 discussions with Beale.
  • I’m guessing either Taylor is on holiday and they are waiting for him to return for the photo shoot or, out of respect to the Prem league title race, they are waiting for todays fixtures to be completed before8 discussions with Beale.
    Taylor did the league 2 play offs for sky so was here then. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m guessing either Taylor is on holiday and they are waiting for him to return for the photo shoot or, out of respect to the Prem league title race, they are waiting for todays fixtures to be completed before8 discussions with Beale.
    Despite him being the bookies favourite I can't see it being Taylor now. Would have happened by now surely.
  • I don’t see it being either Taylor or Beale. Was all too simple. I think it’s going to be right out of left field.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m guessing either Taylor is on holiday and they are waiting for him to return for the photo shoot or, out of respect to the Prem league title race, they are waiting for todays fixtures to be completed before8 discussions with Beale.
    Despite him being the bookies favourite I can't see it being Taylor now. Would have happened by now surely.
    I don't think it will be Taylor as things stand, I don't think it's Beale either.  
  • I’m in agreement, can’t see it being Beale or Taylor. It’s going to be someone random what hasn’t been mentioned and it’s going to cause a meltdown on here. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ben Garner actually ticks a lot of boxes.

"he's a phenomenal person. He's a top, top coach, his attention to detail is unreal and he sees things that we don't see. He's a class act all around".

Very much focused on developing young players.  Similar back ground to Beale in that he has a lot of coaching experience despite being quite young.

Knows the area as well so would pass the sat nav test.

• Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ben Garner actually ticks a lot of boxes.

"he's a phenomenal person. He's a top, top coach, his attention to detail is unreal and he sees things that we don't see. He's a class act all around".

Very much focused on developing young players.  Similar back ground to Beale in that he has a lot of coaching experience despite being quite young.

Knows the area as well so would pass the sat nav test.

There it is! 
  • Swindon finished 6th, but only 7 points off the auyomatics (3 points covered the playoff places), and were top scorers in the division with the 3rd best goal difference.
  • Started at Palarse 🙄
  • I was quite excited to be asked to come to the Valley for an interview. But it turned out they just wanted me to film one. ☹️
  • Lol ex Palarse that’ll go down well in some quarters. As far as I’m concerned if he is the new boss and takes us to the promised land I wouldn’t care less if he was a Spanner 😉.
  • Interesting to read Garners background, mentored by Mourinho, coached Zaha, Wan Bissaka, JW. Worked at WBA as assistant under Pulis. Young, progressive coach, maybe?
  • Garner definitely plays more the style that TS wants from us. Swindon play 4-3-3 with lots of possession. Maybe a reason we kept Inniss as he may have worked with him at Palace? Will give whoever gets it a chance but definitely disappointed that JJ didn’t get a go if he’s replaced by Garner 
  • Would be willing to give him a chance after what he did with Swindon this season - had six pro players on the books two weeks before the season started.

Does feel a bit like a 4th or 5th choice option though.