Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Ok. This is what’s happened. Charlton and Garner are agreed. We want him and he wants to come. Swindon won’t stand in his way but want adequate compo. That’s what’s being discussed now and there’s a bit of an impasse. Until Swindon agree to him leaving he’s their employee. We won’t meet their current demands so the search goes on for us in case we can’t agree terms. It’s so very simple.
    So why is Thomas saying its not true and he doesn't know where it has come from? He doesn't need to say anything at all, to anyone.
  • se9addick said:
    Why does everything have to be a circus.
    Exhausting isn’t it 
    Like a dull Channel 5 soap opera mate.
  • Ok. This is what’s happened. Charlton and Garner are agreed. We want him and he wants to come. Swindon won’t stand in his way but want adequate compo. That’s what’s being discussed now and there’s a bit of an impasse. Until Swindon agree to him leaving he’s their employee. We won’t meet their current demands so the search goes on for us in case we can’t agree terms. It’s so very simple.

Seems plausible but odd that the highly credible Cawley would go all in stating it's done and dusted if compo hadn't been agreed.

I wonder if something bigger is afoot and he's selling up/ handing over to new owners.  All seems very weird. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ok. This is what’s happened. Charlton and Garner are agreed. We want him and he wants to come. Swindon won’t stand in his way but want adequate compo. That’s what’s being discussed now and there’s a bit of an impasse. Until Swindon agree to him leaving he’s their employee. We won’t meet their current demands so the search goes on for us in case we can’t agree terms. It’s so very simple.
    So why is Thomas saying its not true and he doesn't know where it has come from? He doesn't need to say anything at all, to anyone.

Seems plausible but odd that the highly credible Cawley would go all in stating it's done and dusted if compo hadn't been agreed.

I wonder if something bigger is afoot and he's selling up/ handing over to new owners.  All seems very weird. 
    Maybe - Cawley is getting his story from the Garner camp. BG thought it was all tied up because he’d agreed terms and thought the compensation aspect was a formality. TS knows that he won’t pay the compo being asked and so is saying nothing has been agreed and BG is done and dusted is not true, which it currently isn’t. On that basis even if we’re still negotiating with Swindon we would have to keep interviewing. Simples. 
  • edited May 2022
  • ButtleJR said:
    What's with all the dots of late!?
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Writing something then deleting it I assume!
  • mendonca said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Bullet points 😉
  • se9addick said:
    Why does everything have to be a circus.
    Exhausting isn’t it 
    Like a dull Channel 5 soap opera mate.

Not quite a Friday night erotic thriller. 

• I don't think there's a massive conspiracy, I just think TS has a tendancy to chat shit sometimes instead of saying nothing.
    Chatting shit is one thing........ 
  • mendonca said:
    ButtleJR said:

Sending a coded message in morse code, just waiting for the dashes... B)
  • Ok. This is what’s happened. Charlton and Garner are agreed. We want him and he wants to come. Swindon won’t stand in his way but want adequate compo. That’s what’s being discussed now and there’s a bit of an impasse. Until Swindon agree to him leaving he’s their employee. We won’t meet their current demands so the search goes on for us in case we can’t agree terms. It’s so very simple.

Wait, what?, I’ve only been away a little while.  He’s selling up again?? I can’t keep up with all this!!! Who’s the new owners no.1 target then?😳😬🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• .-.
    ..-
    Really ! Don’t give up the Statbank Lancs, sleep on it 😉.
  • I don’t think Cawley would have tweeted if he was wide of the mark, either TS is lying until it’s official or we have got someone better then Garner which has caused the delay, I don’t really mind either outcome but I expect it to be the first 
    If Cawley is correct, replace liar for bull*******.
  • I don’t think Cawley would have tweeted if he was wide of the mark, either TS is lying until it’s official or we have got someone better then Garner which has caused the delay, I don’t really mind either outcome but I expect it to be the first 
    If Cawley is correct, replace liar for bull*******.
    Oi, it’s well past your bedtime 😉.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I don’t think Cawley would have tweeted if he was wide of the mark, either TS is lying until it’s official or we have got someone better then Garner which has caused the delay, I don’t really mind either outcome but I expect it to be the first 
    TS not lying just cooling the talk before it’s signed and sealed … he being honourable to both Swindon and Garner 
    I know you won't answer this but....why do you go on one forum and spout one load of bullshit, then post on another boasting about said load of old bollocks whilst simultaneously spouting another load of waffle?  I mean is your life really that sad?

I actually feel sorry for you, you sad sad human being.
    Give this man Moderator status, and ban the sad sad human being.
    Btw,  why does he not get banned?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I don’t think Cawley would have tweeted if he was wide of the mark, either TS is lying until it’s official or we have got someone better then Garner which has caused the delay, I don’t really mind either outcome but I expect it to be the first 
    TS not lying just cooling the talk before it’s signed and sealed … he being honourable to both Swindon and Garner 
    I know you won't answer this but....why do you go on one forum and spout one load of bullshit, then post on another boasting about said load of old bollocks whilst simultaneously spouting another load of waffle?  I mean is your life really that sad?

7 years on and it’s obviously still fun for him….
    F*** it, you have a proper like, well deserved.
  • Firstly, I was dismayed by the abuse and negative comments about Ben Garner, he is a human being, first and foremost, and the abuse that he got from many initial posters (who were probably ignorant of his coaching career) was well out of order. I knew nothing about him ( apart from being Swindon manager) until I watched the Youtube podcast and got to know a little bit more about his football journey.
    I was impressed with his knowledge of coaching and his range of experience.
    Secondly, whoever we employ is a gamble, even experienced managers have changed jobs and failed, so nothing is guaranteed. Swimming in a small pond,  it's a YES from me. (Happy to get shot down when we are in the relegation zone come November!)

I'm sure Garner will sleep well tonight, as will squirrel face.
  • Think more broadly than CAFC for a second. Have we seen any denials from the local Swindon reporters? I don’t believe so… if it wasn’t happening, you’d think Swindon would want that out in the open ASAP.
    I thought it was Swindon that leaked it? As they want to know whether he's staying or going asap so they can get on with their own plans. I interpreted the rumours as us agreeing compensation with Swindon but maybe not 100% decided on Garner yet, maybe waiting for Beale and QPR to be confirmed or to interview other candidates and agreeing with swindon now means we can get him quickly if we do decide to go with Garner once whatever we are waiting for is done
  • Cafc43v3r said:

So you have to drag something up from 2015 to back your point up … and your calling someone else sad ……. Move on 
    Pathetic individual.