Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Cawley has been clearly told a deal has been agreed, but that's if Charlton go down the Garner route.. I think TS wants 2 or 3 options agreed before picking.. Clearly that could piss people off! 

I think we will hear a lot more today, potenially announcement, if not early next week! That's my hunch!
    It would be amusing if Garner told us to stuff it .  
    I suppose it would be amusing if you hated the club.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Cawley has been clearly told a deal has been agreed, but that's if Charlton go down the Garner route.. I think TS wants 2 or 3 options agreed before picking.. Clearly that could piss people off! 

I think we will hear a lot more today, potenially announcement, if not early next week! That's my hunch!
    I think Garner is a backup option ready to sign off on, if Beale joins QPR, which looks likely. Leak to Cawley has come from Swindon/Beale side.

This scenario means both Cawley and Sandgaard are both speaking the truth. No great conspiracy.
    One is saying it’s a done deal with everything agreed, the other is saying it isn’t, both can’t be true. 
  • The club just wanted to keep it under wraps till TS comes over next Wed /Thurs out of respect to Swindon and Garner who has yet to leave the club … 
    He’ll leave Swindon when he’s announced as Charlton manager. He won’t leave Swindon first. It’ll all be announced as one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• League 2 managers get paid an average £80,000 per year. I doubt Swindon were paying much more than the average to their manager. Garner had a contract until June 2024. I don’t see TS haggling over what can’t be much more than £160,000 in compensation if he is sure he is the right man for the job.
    If Cawley is to be believed then two of Garners coaching staff are coming with him. That’s two lots more of compensation to factor in. Not as much as Garners would be but combined I would think it doubles the amount.
  • Jac_52 said:
    I haven't got an issue with the owner suggesting the style of football he wants to see us play and promising to back the manager in getting the players needed to achieve it. It becomes more worrying when it gets like Roland explaining football tactics to a manager who is an ex England international. If Sandgaard thinks he has discovered the secret of success in terms of a playing style it is worrying in the extreme. There are many different paths but his backing is needed. With limited resources the approach has to always be a pragmatic one based on what you have and how your best players play.

The problem is, I don't know which of these is correct and I doubt many of us do. There are lingering doubts about Sandgaard based on genuine clues. I would say not yet definitive but that in itself is worrying. And we should be open to this possibility.

I agree with this. The turning point for me would be if Sandgaard is issuing Roland-esque emails or trying to dictate how training sessions should go.

Currently I have no reason to think that this is the case and if anyone knows differently then they should be making it public very very quickly. Until then we have to accept that there is nothing wrong with an owner wanting a certain type of football and finding the staff to implement it.
     MS certainly tried at least once last season.
    Really? That's astonishing. I can't imagine that it's within his remit given his job title. A Catherine Tate Nan quote springs to mind, "What a f***ing liberty!"

Are you able to provide more context, timing and details, or is that something you're making known elsewhere?

As an aside, each time we were told what "a good weeks training" the players had before a game last season, I seem to recall that we weren't that good in the games that followed, but that might be my selective memory playing tricks on me.
  • The club just wanted to keep it under wraps till TS comes over next Wed /Thurs out of respect to Swindon and Garner who has yet to leave the club … 

And if thats true, that just makes Sandgaard look even more the naive/arrogant tit he can be.

How does he expect to keep a news story under wraps for a week just so he can be here for the big annoucement, the amount of parties that´ll be invovled and all have to agree to keep it hush hush, so what, we were expecting Swindon to not start talking to other mangers while waiting for flight 101 from colorado? Or are Swindon asking clubs they may be approaching to keep hush hush about it, and in turn, those clubs seeking other mangers asking their target clubs to keep it quiet. 

Always feel the need for a cold shower after replying to a colin post SHUDDER
    Not if you believe sausagedog111 on Twitter. He said we interviewed Garner before anyone else and yesterday said he’s left Swindon.
  • edited May 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• For most clubs,the season is over and I should imagine their forums are pretty quiet,never ever the case with us,always ownerships,managers etc to discuss before we know it the new season will be here.
  • edited May 2022
    In case you're not aware Luke Rooney is Mason Burstow's mentor/agent.

Luke Rooney is a 31 year old journeyman footballer who has been named as Glebe's (Chislehurst) new manager in the "Kent League" 
    I saw him play for Erith & Belvedere in a 5-3 defeat to Glebe last season at Welling United's ground in a mid week fixture 

Luke Rooney knows Ben Garner and the two coaches and I'm pleased he is redressing the balance of the typical negative reaction of many Cafc fans/critics on social media.

Tutt-Tutt and Swisdom know how the football grapevine works.
  • "me and the boys" and Big Alf....they running a betting racket...some right geezers!!
  • I don't believe it is true as much as personally I would love it. I think the bloke has unfinished business here. But despite all the spins it is surely going to be Garner and we need to get behind him.
  • Scoham said:
    Keyboard Warriors - Total BS
    Most likely