Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Neil Lennon’s behaviour in the Cypriot Cup Final last night will hopefully rule him out (if he ever was in the running). What a tool.
    Jumping in front of his players at the end to celebrate too…classy

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeDSSJqI0rd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  • MS probably politely suggested to JJ that the team work a bit more on possession retention and progressive interplay? I mean he'd be a bit of a busybody for doing so, but does anybody disagree that those are things we could have stood to work on a bit more under JJ? 
  • Scoham said:
    Yes sorry best change that, changes the mean some what!!!
  • edited May 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    I haven't got an issue with the owner suggesting the style of football he wants to see us play and promising to back the manager in getting the players needed to achieve it. It becomes more worrying when it gets like Roland explaining football tactics to a manager who is an ex England international. If Sandgaard thinks he has discovered the secret of success in terms of a playing style it is worrying in the extreme. There are many different paths but his backing is needed. With limited resources the approach has to always be a pragmatic one based on what you have and how your best players play.

The problem is, I don't know which of these is correct and I doubt many of us do. There are lingering doubts about Sandgaard based on genuine clues. I would say not yet definitive but that in itself is worrying. And we should be open to this possibility.

I agree with this. The turning point for me would be if Sandgaard is issuing Roland-esque emails or trying to dictate how training sessions should go.

Currently I have no reason to think that this is the case and if anyone knows differently then they should be making it public very very quickly. Until then we have to accept that there is nothing wrong with an owner wanting a certain type of football and finding the staff to implement it.
     MS certainly tried at least once last season.
    This needs context.

If he was at the training ground and saw a lacklustre group of players who were not putting a shift in then he’s more than got a right to ask for more surely?

If he was there to effectively ask JJ to try something different in training then that wouldn’t be on.

Context please.
    Is he right to question training at all if he’s just turned up without a clue what the coaches and staff have asked the players to do that day or how close to a previous or upcoming game it is? Martin Sandgaard is nowhere near qualified to be even be near a first team coaching session, let alone questioning experienced and qualified coaches. 

Working on his badges.

Golfie is going to be a rich man.

Itshappeninggif
  • Leuth said:
    The Powell stuff is hilarious and obvious bullshit, but I wouldn't remotely take him over Garner. Leave the past in the past 
    I assume Garner is the type of manager/head coach you were hoping for. Got performances from Williams this season and signed Oztumer on loan from us the year before. Very good news for small creative midfielders.
  • edited May 2022
    Leuth said:
    MS probably politely suggested to JJ that the team work a bit more on possession retention and progressive interplay? I mean he'd be a bit of a busybody for doing so, but does anybody disagree that those are things we could have stood to work on a bit more under JJ? 
    JJ would obviously have been aware of that mate. What would be fair enough would be to make an observation that the footbal is shit and allow JJ to explain why that might be and his plans to address it, but that is different to suggesting tactical matters directly to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    I'd welcome Powell back as a coach Director of football.  It would also be MASSIVE kudos points for TS

Why would he leave Spurs and England where he’s is in a comfortable position! 
    Is he as comfortable as he would be being a deity at Charlton
  • Well if it’s from Big Alf we should probably take it very seriously. 
  • Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    I'd welcome Powell back as a coach Director of football.  It would also be MASSIVE kudos points for TS

The "deity" who is the subject of a huge thread on here called "Powell's football is terrible"? That deity? If this forum had a decent search engine and I had nothing better to do, I'd dig it out, and find your own contributions to it...
  • Powell's career has progressed well. Time for another reality check Valiants.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Geez"......

😄😄😄😄😄
  • In case you're not aware Luke Rooney is Mason Burstow's mentor/agent.

Luke Rooney is a 31 year old journeyman footballer who has been named as Glebe's (Chislehurst) new manager in the "Kent League" 
    I saw him play for Erith & Belvedere in a 5-3 defeat to Glebe last season at Welling United's ground in a mid week fixture 

Luke Rooney knows Ben Garner and the two coaches and I'm pleased he is redressing the balance of the typical negative reaction of many Cafc fans/critics on social media.

Tutt-Tutt and Swisdom know how the football grapevine works.
    Oof. I was just about to congratulate @Henry Irving on finally rising to the challenge of producing an example of a "good agent"  :). Either way I'm liking the cut of Mr Rooney's jib.
  • Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

The "deity" who is the subject of a huge thread on here called "Powell's football is terrible"? That deity? If this forum had a decent search engine and I had nothing better to do, I'd dig it out, and find your own contributions to it...
    Which is why I SPECIFICALLY said as director of Football.  Not manager.

There can be no doubt whatsoever about his contacts, networking and people skills and they would all be of use in a D of F role.

save your energy and time trying to prove something irrelevant to this particular situation.
  • The club just wanted to keep it under wraps till TS comes over next Wed /Thurs out of respect to Swindon and Garner who has yet to leave the club … 
    This means TS will be here Monday and Garner has already left. Thanks BexleyBoyWum.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Well if it’s from Big Alf we should probably take it very seriously. 
    Gotta trust a TV star....
    ALF Distribution Rights Are Acquired By Shout Factory Which Plans New  Wave Of Pop Culture Content Tied To 1980s Sitcom  Deadline
  • Jac_52 said:
    I haven't got an issue with the owner suggesting the style of football he wants to see us play and promising to back the manager in getting the players needed to achieve it. It becomes more worrying when it gets like Roland explaining football tactics to a manager who is an ex England international. If Sandgaard thinks he has discovered the secret of success in terms of a playing style it is worrying in the extreme. There are many different paths but his backing is needed. With limited resources the approach has to always be a pragmatic one based on what you have and how your best players play.

The problem is, I don't know which of these is correct and I doubt many of us do. There are lingering doubts about Sandgaard based on genuine clues. I would say not yet definitive but that in itself is worrying. And we should be open to this possibility.

I agree with this. The turning point for me would be if Sandgaard is issuing Roland-esque emails or trying to dictate how training sessions should go.

Currently I have no reason to think that this is the case and if anyone knows differently then they should be making it public very very quickly. Until then we have to accept that there is nothing wrong with an owner wanting a certain type of football and finding the staff to implement it.
     MS certainly tried at least once last season.
    This needs context.

If he was at the training ground and saw a lacklustre group of players who were not putting a shift in then he’s more than got a right to ask for more surely?

If he was there to effectively ask JJ to try something different in training then that wouldn’t be on.

Context please.
    Exactly. I reckon some people think he turned up with his boots, Clipboard and whistle expecting to take a full on training session.
    Questioning coaches in training is bad enough