Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    A Cullen, a Bielik (although, Dobson) or an Aribo will do
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I repeat: with Pratley as a fringe player we got promoted, then when he was a regular starter we got relegated and then flailed miserably in League One and people were still pissed off when he was rightfully released 
    Little bit more at play than getting relegated because Pratley was a regular starter mind. Agree it was definitely the right time to be released though. 

Not like you just to dig out one player though is it...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I repeat: with Pratley as a fringe player we got promoted, then when he was a regular starter we got relegated and then flailed miserably in League One and people were still pissed off when he was rightfully released 
    And 2+2= 5,187,729
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    George Dobson is so, so, so, so, so, so, so much better than Pratley at getting us on the ball and getting us moving forward, but he didn't push anyone over so he's not a leader
    How's that tunnel vision coming along Leuth?  ;)
  • Options
    I think at this point, people should withhold judgement and support the new manager and what ever squad he can put together before the season starts, remembering he will be constrained by the budget available and his late arrival to the club.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This!
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    Let me guess you are a glass half empty sort of person.
        No actually I own 5 companies and have supported CAFC since 1968.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Welp, that's my non-sequitur of the week.
      None-Sequitur a noun is not the correct word
      but a sense of humour might help 🤣🤣🤣
    I mean, it absolutely is. Are you ok?
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Well lady’s & Gentlemen I hope I am proved wrong, but I am getting the feeling we will end up with someone far worse the JJ was and more has been crap players on free transfers or loans.
    so far what has TS actually achieved apart from buy the Club? And he wants premier League football 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎👎👎👎
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Hal1x said:
    1968CAFC said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
           I am fine a very well thank you.
           But a sense of humour injection might
           Help you 🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍
    🤦🏻
        Beam me up Scotty 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot as well, Sam Field got injured just as he was starting to look dominant, that didn't help either. Basically the gods decreed it was Pratley and Davis, and the latter was so bad the former got off lightly
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    George Dobson is so, so, so, so, so, so, so much better than Pratley at getting us on the ball and getting us moving forward, but he didn't push anyone over so he's not a leader
    Have to say I agree.
  • Options

I would like to wish our new young manager all the best as I too love attacking football and hope he achieves his Goal.
    I also hope we can bring in a few more decent players and start the season off well 👍👍👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any thoughts on who should be captain next season or is he yet to arrive ? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Bielik may be available given Derby’s predicament.

Back from his cruciate ligament injuries now.
    Just saying.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    I think at this point, people should withhold judgement and support the new manager and what ever squad he can put together before the season starts, remembering he will be constrained by the budget available and his late arrival to the club.
    On the contrary. He is a key figure in our beloved club therefore should be supported from the off. Over time, based on performances/results that support may change but every one of us should get behind him day 1.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:

Just saying.
    Apart from his wages being out of our reach I can’t see the point of getting another injury risk player.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:

Just saying.
    I think I read his wages are high, be surprised if Derby could find anyone to have him.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:

Just saying.
    He'll get a Championship move easily.
  • Options
    Any thoughts on who should be captain next season or is he yet to arrive ? 
    Laville 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:

Just saying.
    He'll get a Championship move easily.
    Of course. It was just a little tease - hence the ‘just saying’.
  • Options
    Pratley was good in the championship season as we usually didn’t have the ball much. In league 1 he was never great as we would have the ball more, was definitely the right decision to release him. 

Dobson is much better on the ball than pratley, but will be interesting to see if Garner fancies him or not as I would have thought someone like a JFC would probably suit his style more. Dobson did improve on the ball as the season went on so hopefully that continues 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So is euell staying?
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    So is euell staying?
    No idea. 
    But my guess is that if our new manager brings in his two coaches he will go.
    If he doesn't then he will stay.
    Just my opinion. 
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    So is euell staying?
    No idea. 
    But my guess is that if our new manager brings in his two coaches he will go.
    If he doesn't then he will stay.
    Just my opinion. 
    That would be my guess aswell to be honest. I can't imagine us having a 4 man team that's for sure. 
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    So is euell staying?

Have a feeling he will pitch up with Jacko eventually..
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Pratley was good in the championship season as we usually didn’t have the ball much. In league 1 he was never great as we would have the ball more, was definitely the right decision to release him. 

Dobson is much better on the ball than pratley, but will be interesting to see if Garner fancies him or not as I would have thought someone like a JFC would probably suit his style more. Dobson did improve on the ball as the season went on so hopefully that continues 
    I actually think Dobsons passing through the lines was underrated last season. I always thought he looked to pass forward more than most of our other midfielders 
  • Options
    I really liked Pratley. He didn't have the best ball skills but he was able to pair intelligence with his stamina, which is more than you can say for a couple of the midfielders we have on the books currently.

He wouldn't be the kind of player we need for a Ben Garner team but he was exactly what was required at the time under Bowyer - we identified a gap in our squad after getting beat by Shrewsbury in the play-offs the previous year and Pratley filled that gap. I agree that Cullen/Bielik/Aribo ultimately had the quality in the run in to push us on to eventual promotion but Pratley's contribution throughout those winter months (games 15-35) were vital in keeping us in the hunt with ugly points away from home and laying the foundation for the others to play.

Wouldn't want to sign him now but won't read the slander without challenging it.
    An adult analysis to counter the childish tantrums 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Blimey, Leuth, that's rewriting history .... you can't blame Pratley for getting us relegated from the Championship. He was a key member of that side when we were riding high in the first dozen matches and never let us down. The savage injury crisis, 14 players out injured (including leading goalscorer T*yl*r), for much of the autumn/winter, did for us. Then we lost Gallagher and after the season recommenced, T*yl*r acted the asshole. Maybe also Bowyer's  negativity. But you can't blame Pratley for our relegation..

Without Pratley, perhaps we wouldn't even have been promoted at all ....... his never-say-die performance and goal against Donny and his leadership in that 1st half in the Wembley play off final when we might otherwise have collapsed completely were vital.

And that was only during games. He was a positive influence in the dressing room also. You need leaders in your squad.
    He was already 36 when he was released but still athletic - compare to Ben Watson, for example, a year younger?

We know Pratley was no silky ballplayer - but Bowyer signed him to add ballwinning, backbone and grit to the side. That's what we got, didn't we?

Absolutely but not everyone can or wants to see that
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    So is euell staying?

Have a feeling he will pitch up with Jacko eventually..
    Why does everyone assume every one are bffs?

If they were we wouldn't have seen everything we have over the last 2 seasons.