Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Good stuff but can see him regretting the move about 2 games in.
    Not sure the use in watching 11 players playing in incorrect positions, in a formation they barely knew, trying to play football with no game-plan or a clue. 

'Dobson looks alright though I guess, other than that 10 new signings please.'
    Especially as around half of them have  now left the club...
  • Options
    Everybody’s different and this isn’t a dig at him but if I had agreed a deal in principle 2 weeks ago I’d have watched all them games twice by now - no sense of urgency this modern generation !!!!
  • Options
    Purrington gone then…
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Purrington gone then…

Havent seen anything? 
  • Options
    Am hearing no contract for BP. Also hearing another senior player has been told he can go. 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Am hearing no contract for BP. Also hearing another senior player has been told he can go. 
    Presume it's Davison. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any thoughts on who should be captain next season or is he yet to arrive ? 

Gilbey 100%
    Similar role to Sergeant Wilson?

• Options

Wouldn't want to sign him now but won't read the slander without challenging it.
    No-one reads slander, because slander is spoken. It’s libel that you won’t tolerate reading. 
    You’re welcome. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    He would be better served watching all the U18 and U23 action from last season.
    Not that we get to see such stuff other than on a haphazard and random often last minute basis.
    I hope that coverage of below first team football is hugely improved by the communications team next season.
    So don't watch the first team, have no idea about the players you have and what is required and watch the U18/23's instead? Ridiculous.
    Are you making some kind of point?
    Charlton TV subscribers are partially enticed by a suggestion that development level games are covered.
    Up to now that has been haphazard and unpredictable and I am hoping for it to get better.
    We are not allowed to watch games at Sparrows Lane, even with a season ticket.
    Now my opinions are probably rubbish, but some others, and some other posters know that I have always been interested in commenting on the play and players below first team level, and have built up some knowledge of that part of the club.
    If you think that it is ridiculous that I hope for better coverage then fine, but what I think is happening is you are once again seizing on an opportunity to have a dig at me for no reason because I don’t continually worship the comms team but want them to give a better service.
    Another person describes it as a vendetta, which it isn’t. It is a desire for better coverage, and by the way that includes better camera coverage and commentary when it falls short.
    It is like certain people are above criticism, but Seth Plum deserves as much criticism as can be brewed up. I do not describe your posts as ridiculous, I have explained my point of view, if you think there is something wrong with the detail of what I write then comment on that rather than your continual baseless personal digs.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Purrington gone then…
    No. NO. NOOOO!
  • Options
    Just been past his house.  The builders are in his back garden already. Don't do it Ben...

• Options
    masicat said:
    Purrington gone then…
    error, if true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I'd like to have some competition at left back and not one starter and one backup. You hear former footballers talk all the time about how competition drives performances. Purrington was never competition he was just competent. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'd like to have some competition at left back and not one starter and one backup. You hear former footballers talk all the time about how competition  drives performances. Purrington was never competition he was just competent. 
    Chunes said:
    I'd like to have some competition at left back and not one starter and one backup. You hear former footballers talk all the time about how competition  drives performances. Purrington was never competition he was just competent. 
    We already potentially need 3 full backs better than Purrington I would be very pleasantly surprised if we got 3.  I would be gob smacked if we got 4.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    We already potentially need 3 full backs better than Purrington I would be very pleasantly surprised if we got 3.  I would be gob smacked if we got 4.
    Perhaps in Garner's system they just need to be better at one thing and that's keeping possession of the ball. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Good news if Purrington has gone - good pro, always worked hard but not good enough to get us out this league 
    Even though he has previously proved that he is good enough to get us out of this league?
    He isn’t. Bang average league one player. Scoring one goal at Wembley doesn’t change that. 
  • Options
    So we know Purrington was offered a contract by the club.

Has he rejected it or has it been withdrawn?

WIOTOS