Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

Does it? Too quick and he rushed the appointment, Too slow and he took too long. He cant win.
    One reason why when I win the Euromillions tonight I won't be buying a football club, not even CAFC.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    cfgs said:
    Redhenry said:
    cfgs said:
    Uboat said:
    I want some more Exeter discussion. 
    Nice place, usually warmer than here and drier.  The University is very secluded but still only a short walk from the city centre, it even has a duck crossing.  
    My daughter is at uni there..
    So is mine. What is yours studying?  Mine is in year 1 of Neuro Science.
    Year two, Spanish and History, doing a year at Barcelona next..
  • Options
    I have second cousins in Exeter. Haven't seen them for years.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    cfgs said:
    Redhenry said:
    cfgs said:
    Uboat said:
    Nice place, usually warmer than here and drier.  The University is very secluded but still only a short walk from the city centre, it even has a duck crossing.  
    My daughter is at uni there..
    So is mine. What is yours studying?  Mine is in year 1 of Neuro Science.
    Year two, Spanish and History, doing a year at Barcelona nextt..
    Nice
  • Options
    Victor
    Hasselbaink 3/1
    Warburton 4/1
    Bowyer 5/1
    Lennon 5/1
    Beale 6/1
    Ferguson 8/1
    Taylor 10/1

Will Hill
    Warburton 4/1
    Lennon 4/1
    Bowyer 6/1
    Hasselbaink 8/1
    Beale 9/1
    Ferguson 10/1
    Taylor 10/1
  • Options
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

Petulant :D
  • Options
    Victor
    Hasselbaink 3/1
    Warburton 4/1
    Bowyer 5/1
    Lennon 5/1
    Beale 6/1
    Ferguson 8/1
    Taylor 10/1

Will Hill
    Warburton 4/1
    Lennon 4/1
    Bowyer 6/1
    Hasselbaink 8/1
    Beale 9/1
    Ferguson 10/1
    Taylor 10/1
    Didn't Cawley say a few days ago that Hasselbaink is definitely not in the running? 
    Yes
  • Options
    Why is Jason Euell posting an old picture of himself with Ian Evatt (Bolton Manager) on Instagram?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Why is Jason Euell posting an old picture of himself with Ian Evatt (Bolton Manager) on Instagram?
    I noticed that. Wouldn’t surprise me if he jumped ship 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Uboat said:
    Disagree - it's wetter.
  • Options
    sm said:
    cfgs said:
    Uboat said:
    Disagree - it's wetter.
    Statistically you’re right. 

Matt Taylor is back ON. 
  • Options
    Victor
    Hasselbaink 3/1
    Warburton 4/1
    Bowyer 5/1
    Lennon 5/1
    Beale 6/1
    Ferguson 8/1
    Taylor 10/1

Will Hill
    Warburton 4/1
    Lennon 4/1
    Bowyer 6/1
    Hasselbaink 8/1
    Beale 9/1
    Ferguson 10/1
    Taylor 10/1
    nice to see Lyle in the betting,player manager perhaps? TBH im still shocked Bowyer has gone
  • Options
    Victor
    Hasselbaink 3/1
    Warburton 4/1
    Bowyer 5/1
    Lennon 5/1
    Beale 6/1
    Ferguson 8/1
    Taylor 10/1

Will Hill
    Warburton 4/1
    Lennon 4/1
    Bowyer 6/1
    Hasselbaink 8/1
    Beale 9/1
    Ferguson 10/1
    Taylor 10/1
    nice to see Lyle in the betting,player manager perhaps? TBH im still shocked Bowyer has gone
    We're a little ambitious trying to get Alex Ferguson out of retirement though
  • Options

A. we don't have a new manager but are taking time to appoint one.

B. We don't have a manager because no one wants to join us. 

C. We don't have a manager because our targets season hasn't ended yet.

D. We have a manager in place, just not yet announced as players are on holiday.

E. It was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking and we have started from scratch.

Just highlighting the other options A-D feel much more likely.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Victor
    Hasselbaink 3/1
    Warburton 4/1
    Bowyer 5/1
    Lennon 5/1
    Beale 6/1
    Ferguson 8/1
    Taylor 10/1

Will Hill
    Warburton 4/1
    Lennon 4/1
    Bowyer 6/1
    Hasselbaink 8/1
    Beale 9/1
    Ferguson 10/1
    Taylor 10/1
    So Victor is the favourite- what are his odds though? And as for Will Hill - Benny’s son no doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Victor
    Hasselbaink 3/1
    Warburton 4/1
    Bowyer 5/1
    Lennon 5/1
    Beale 6/1
    Ferguson 8/1
    Taylor 10/1

Will Hill
    Warburton 4/1
    Lennon 4/1
    Bowyer 6/1
    Hasselbaink 8/1
    Beale 9/1
    Ferguson 10/1
    Taylor 10/1
    We're a little ambitious trying to get Alex Ferguson out of retirement though
    This is us.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

John Lennon 
    Ian Beale 
    Sarah Ferguson
    Elizabeth Taylor
    God imagine Sandgaard thinking that he was interviewing John - "Always knew that your assassination was a conspiracy theory, wanna make a comeback and join my band" 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I noticed that. Wouldn’t surprise me if he jumped ship 
    Might not be a bad thing, like others have said... Proper restart from top to bottom
    I’d be a little disappointed that we’re losing all the proper Charlton people one by one. Chris Parkes, JJ, Euell, etc. 

I’m happy for a fresh start but I think the club operates best when theirs a connection between the fans and management team.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

D. We have a manager in place, just not yet announced as players are on holiday.

E. It was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking and we have started from scratch.

To be fair, any one of A-D is not necessarily mutually exclusive to E
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    Dazzler21 said:

To be fair, any one of A-D is not necessarily mutually exclusive to E
    maybe not, but unlikely imo. 
  • Options
    I think we need to always remember the hours we were away from extinction. Then 'enter sandman' and we not only remained in existence but brought quality in many. areas of the club. Developing players, improving the excellent youth set up and infrastructure of the club. It's on a sound footing. Sandman didn't come in with a sledgehammer firing everyone. He gave current incumbent Lee Bowyer the benefit of the doubt (good decision). Didn't stand in his way (good decision) when he went to Brum. Hired what seemed a safe and experienced and proven pair of hands in Smiley Nige (good decision after the limited tactics of Bowyer). Acted to stop the decline and fired him (another good decision). Gave the untried JJ his first taste of management and didn't hurry to give him a contract but gave him a prolonged period of caretaker boss (another good decision) His first glaringly poor decision I feel was bowing to the unrelenting clamour from 'experts' aka fans! and gave him the job permanently. First whiff of pressure and the whole thing nose-dived. And saying JJ was part of his plans for next season only weeks ago (wrong decision) He owns the club. And while he can't simply do as he wants a la Roland Shathouse of yesteryear. He CAN hire and fire who he deems is right or not right for the progress of the club. And overall, silly comments aside, I think he has done a lot right. And firing JJ was also the right decision. He was righting the wrong decision of hiring him on a permanent in the first place. 

I am confident that he will hire THE RIGHT guy for this time. He has seen enough to know that tired old managers well past their best are no good. And untried glorified team coaches are not suitable either. And if he IS the RIGHT guy, he will get this club up in a year. I'd lose the whole frontline and bring in quality. So many games last season were lost not simply by JJ ineptitude but misfiring strikers. Missington particularly. But Stuckley too. 

Would really like to see Warburton. Definitely. would NOT want Hasselblad, Hughton, Evans or Ferguson take the reigns. 

The problem is if he did interview them all, they all probably all talk a good game, otherwise they wouldn’t have got jobs, how does he differentiate between them all, apart from them telling him what he wants to hear?
    Yes I agree and my biggest fear is that Hasselblad would talk just the right talk for the progressive TS. TS likes the Blairite smooth cack as we saw with the appt of fake Smiley Nige. TS can control these types. But bring in a John Terry or a Joey Barton (now THAT would be fun!) Or a Cloughie or Fergie and there be war! 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    I feel going down the younger coach route would be the way forward to build something at the club. 

Does anyone think any of our existing coaches would throw their hat in the ring, i.e. Anthony Hayes or Hamza Serrar? 
    Hamza Serrar looks good. If Warburton is out of our range I'd give Serrar a crack. I've got a feeling that that "manager to take us up the pyramid" is under our noses all along!  Can't see TS going for it. Hamza seems like his own man with his own ideas. Far too "dangerous" for the likes of TS I'd guess. 
  • Options

'The fact'

Except....its not is it.
    You mean someone has been appointed? 

• Options

I'd say his sacking was absolutely none of those.