Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    @ButtleJR as you had the connection with Thomas Sandgaard from early doors in his tenure I find it interesting to hear what you say whether you're the messenger or if you are joining the dots from what information you accrue.

It makes sense to get the new manager in ASAP as we have Season tickets to sell and players to join the club so the new gang of four can get to work: Thomas and Martin Sandgaard, Steve Gallen and the new manager who will hopefully inspire fans and critics to buy season tickets or at least not give up on the "project".

I assume your dad gets his info from you, (he said he did last season) so I wonder if you can say why Stockley won't be here next season as it will be news to Jayden ! Your dad have said it a couple of times and I wondered who is behind this story ?
  • Options
    Warburton and Beale were both high on our list, no idea how far they have got with either of them.
    Not very far championship finished last weekend and the prem another two weeks to go … would expect Warburton would want to get away for a few weeks and AV won’t let anyone talk to Beale till season over 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:
    Really can't see Warburton coming.
    From what I've seen his stock is still pretty high and many think he was harshly treated by QPR.

No way he'd come to this nut house.
    More to the point, why would any experienced manager come when TS had made quite clear the recruitment of the squad has little or nothing to do with them?
     If a raft of signings show up before the New manager then it's time to be very concerned.
    Unlikely any players will be signed before the new manager is announced. 
    I agree, Unless of course a new manager is lined up already, but not officially allowed to announce due to contractual issues, if so, he could have already have run the rule 👀over any MS/JJ/SG suggestions 
    They were still negotiating/interviewing as of 10pmish last night. So presume they have a top choice.
    Can I ask how you know they were interviewing last night, hope its true, need someone in ASAP.
    Sorry if I phrased that poorly, they had not finished the interviewing/negotiating process as of 10pm last night, suggesting that both were ongoing. And you can trust that it's true.
    Interviewing and negotiating are two very different things. Are they negotiating with a candidate or are they still interviewing multiple candidates?
    Could be negotiating with their preferred candidate whilst still interviewing others if those negotiations don't work out?
    True 
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    RedJohn said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DA9 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    rikofold said:
    Really can't see Warburton coming.
    From what I've seen his stock is still pretty high and many think he was harshly treated by QPR.

No way he'd come to this nut house.
    More to the point, why would any experienced manager come when TS had made quite clear the recruitment of the squad has little or nothing to do with them?
     If a raft of signings show up before the New manager then it's time to be very concerned.
    Unlikely any players will be signed before the new manager is announced. 
    I agree, Unless of course a new manager is lined up already, but not officially allowed to announce due to contractual issues, if so, he could have already have run the rule 👀over any MS/JJ/SG suggestions 
    They were still negotiating/interviewing as of 10pmish last night. So presume they have a top choice.
    Can I ask how you know they were interviewing last night, hope its true, need someone in ASAP.
    Sorry if I phrased that poorly, they had not finished the interviewing/negotiating process as of 10pm last night, suggesting that both were ongoing. And you can trust that it's true.
    Interviewing and negotiating are two very different things. Are they negotiating with a candidate or are they still interviewing multiple candidates?
    Could be negotiating with their preferred candidate whilst still interviewing others if those negotiations don't work out?
    This is how I see it. 
    Thanks 
  • Options
    Warburton and Beale were both high on our list, no idea how far they have got with either of them.
    Not very far championship finished last weekend and the prem another two weeks to go … would expect Warburton would want to get away for a few weeks and AV won’t let anyone talk to Beale till season over 
    So, leave it till mid June..that don't make sense, surely they would sort it out before any holidays..
  • Options
    How can you be so sure? 
  • Options
    Sounds like Warburton is about to take the Birmingham job.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    How can you be so sure? 
    I’d wanna sort my next job out before going on holiday or leaving my current one.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Could be rubbish but Warburton apparently in talks with Birmingham

So who is he having talks with, the current owners or the new (possible) owners? Why would the current owners sack Bowyer & pay out compensation if you've got a new crowd coming in ? it doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    MarcusH26 said:

So who is he having talks with, the current owners or the new (possible) owners? Why would the current owners sack Bowyer & pay out compensation if you've got a new crowd coming in ? it doesn't make sense.
    Maybe it’s all the new owners 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Right hand don't know what the left hand is doing...they are in advanced talks apparently with Warburton, and yet they haven't sacked Bowyer yet, maybe our old mate Mouthall is involved, that would explain a lot... B)
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Is it legal to interview for a job where there is someone already in place?
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Is it legal to interview for a job where there is someone already in place?
    Yes, immortal but legal. 

Its how you sack the incumbent that's the issue.  99% of manager sackings aren't actually technically sackings are they.
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Can just see it being announced on CAFC's Insta page now - A photo of Bow with the slogan "Unfinished Busines"

And Jackson as his assistant. 

Chris Powell new left back
  • Options
    another message on summer transfer thread saying that Marquis will be unveiled soon as passed his medical by (Crusty54), i wonder is the signing because of the alleged rumour that Stockley is off, and the preferred candidate is happy to sign Marquis, or is this transfer completed by TS and his gang without any input from anyone else.
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Can just see it being announced on CAFC's Insta page now - A photo of Bow with the slogan "Unfinished Busines"

And Jackson as his assistant. 
    Be the first club to have made about 6 appointments in as many months involving just 2 people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I see nobody has mentioned Shadab Iftikhar yet.
    Upset stomach Seth?
  • Options
    Think the pool we are fishing in is 

Out of work or lower league managers.

Can’t see anyone coming from a good club with TS calling all the shots. Not enough football DNA involved in football decisions. 
    Do you think we are the only club where the owner is involved in decision making? 

Afc Wimbledon have a committee of non footballing people who make all decisions on player contracts and transfers.

that's one example. I reckon there are a lot more out of the 92. It's not 1970 where the local skip firm director buys the local club, funds it and takes a back seat. 

Sandgaard invests £7m a year just to keep the club going, do yo blame him for wanting to know where his money is going or wanting to be involved in the process?
    The Wimbledon that just got relegated ? 

I agree he should have a interest, but there is a big difference between being involved and calling all  the shots if I don’t know what I am talking about. 

I can buy shares in BP but i don’t think I should be involved in choosing  where to put he next oil rig. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

I'm curious as to why you think this.

I literally just said this to someone.

When Roland employed Luzon/Riga i cant remember which its blurred that time, everyone was moaning saying it was  to quick him and KM didnt do a good enough search.

So why now TS is looking properly is it apparently to long.

Surely its better he gets the correct appointment even if it takes 7-14 days from the day JJ was sacked?

Are you just looking for a reason to moan?
    A stick to beat TS with?

We are not the only club without a manager atm

Lincoln haven't had a manager for 10 days
    Fleetwood magical 7 day(according to you) is up tomorrow.

Does that mean they have been poorly managed or do they not count, as Ts doesn't own them
    I've come in for criticism here so I shall explain my reasoning:

It had been clear for several months that we weren't going either up or down a division.
    For those last few months we were generally in 13th- 17th place, weren't we? Therefore TS either thought:
    A. This is bad but I trust that JJ can sort it out for next season.
    B. This is bad and I need to change manager.

If it were B then he should have replaced him with a month or more to go so that the new manager can make his assessments.
    If it were A then he appears to have changed his mind at the last minute, probably due to the Ipswich result. My opinion is that this is what's happened. That's why I call it a petulant decision. It can't be because of our final position as we finished the season in almost the highest position we'd reached all season.

I may be wrong. What I know for sure was that I thought TS was great when he bought the club and I'm still thankful for that. What I now think is that he doesn't have a clue how to run a football club, and that we'll finish lower next season and then the next and so on until he changes his ways.

Just suppose your choice of manager was already in post. How would you persuade them or their employers to leave their presumably quite successful job with only one month to go. It’s a ludicrous scenario that effectively restricts your choices to out of work managers.
  • Options
    It's been a week today since JJ got sacked, and TS should have made an appointment by now.

The fact that he hasn't shows that it was a petulant, unplanned, ill-thought out sacking.

I'm curious as to why you think this.

I literally just said this to someone.

When Roland employed Luzon/Riga i cant remember which its blurred that time, everyone was moaning saying it was  to quick him and KM didnt do a good enough search.

So why now TS is looking properly is it apparently to long.

Surely its better he gets the correct appointment even if it takes 7-14 days from the day JJ was sacked?

Are you just looking for a reason to moan?
    A stick to beat TS with?

We are not the only club without a manager atm

Lincoln haven't had a manager for 10 days
    Fleetwood magical 7 day(according to you) is up tomorrow.

Does that mean they have been poorly managed or do they not count, as Ts doesn't own them
    I've come in for criticism here so I shall explain my reasoning:

It had been clear for several months that we weren't going either up or down a division.
    For those last few months we were generally in 13th- 17th place, weren't we? Therefore TS either thought:
    A. This is bad but I trust that JJ can sort it out for next season.
    B. This is bad and I need to change manager.

If it were B then he should have replaced him with a month or more to go so that the new manager can make his assessments.
    If it were A then he appears to have changed his mind at the last minute, probably due to the Ipswich result. My opinion is that this is what's happened. That's why I call it a petulant decision. It can't be because of our final position as we finished the season in almost the highest position we'd reached all season.

I may be wrong. What I know for sure was that I thought TS was great when he bought the club and I'm still thankful for that. What I now think is that he doesn't have a clue how to run a football club, and that we'll finish lower next season and then the next and so on until he changes his ways.

Most fans think it's B.
    The reason being Washington was as good as told this a few weeks before the Ipswich game.
    The most likely reason JJ wasn't sacked sooner, was because TS would have had to pay out less (if any) compensation by waiting until the season ended and JJ had "failed" the agreed contract.
    Agree 100% with this comment. 
  • Options
    @ButtleJR as you had the connection with Thomas Sandgaard from early doors in his tenure I find it interesting to hear what you say whether you're the messenger or if you are joining the dots from what information you accrue.

It makes sense to get the new manager in ASAP as we have Season tickets to sell and players to join the club so the new gang of four can get to work: Thomas and Martin Sandgaard, Steve Gallen and the new manager who will hopefully inspire fans and critics to buy season tickets or at least not give up on the "project".

I assume your dad gets his info from you, (he said he did last season) so I wonder if you can say why Stockley won't be here next season as it will be news to Jayden ! Your dad have said it a couple of times and I wondered who is behind this story ?
    Actually I didn't get the info from junior it was from earlier posts on here..

• Options
    To be honest I have got to the stage of "let's wait and see"
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Think the pool we are fishing in is 

Out of work or lower league managers.

Can’t see anyone coming from a good club with TS calling all the shots. Not enough football DNA involved in football decisions. 
    Do you think we are the only club where the owner is involved in decision making? 

Afc Wimbledon have a committee of non footballing people who make all decisions on player contracts and transfers.

that's one example. I reckon there are a lot more out of the 92. It's not 1970 where the local skip firm director buys the local club, funds it and takes a back seat. 

Sandgaard invests £7m a year just to keep the club going, do yo blame him for wanting to know where his money is going or wanting to be involved in the process?
    The Wimbledon that just got relegated ? 

I agree he should have a interest, but there is a big difference between being involved and calling all  the shots if I don’t know what I am talking about. 

I can buy shares in BP but i don’t think I should be involved in choosing  where to put he next oil rig. 
    I k ew I was setting myself up for that comment. Yes, relegates Wimbledon whose board allowed their top scorer to be sold to Wrexham and bought in a poor replacement without input from their manager, hence relegation.

I used them as an example because two different fans who have invested in them have told me how they are run and I didn't want to name other clubs without having any knowledge.  As I said, I'm sure other clubs are run in this way. Doesn't levy at spurs have the final say on transfers?

my point is, it's not just us being run in this way. 

I would prefer football people to make football decisions, but football doesn't seem to be run that way anymore
  • Options
    If the Marquis link is true which would make sense as a back up to Stockley then maybe Michael Appleton is set to be our next manager