Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Equally this could be why its taking so long. 

Aston Villa's season doesn't end until next Sunday

But then I'm still clutching at straws

Only thing I wonder is whether the likes of Aston Villa or Exeter appreciate the fact that we're name dropping their staff to the press. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    That basically makes it sound like Beale is the talent in that partnership, whilst Stevie G is the front man.

It is also the kind of thing the club would want put out before they announce him, not saying it is close or even going to happen (never have been and never will be ITK).
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    That basically makes it sound like Beale is the talent in that partnership, whilst Stevie G is the front man.

It is also the kind of thing the club would want put out before they announce him, not saying it is close or even going to happen (never have been and never will be ITK).
    Gerrard and Beale has the same feel to it as Clough and Taylor. 
  • Options
    Beale can take the job and still finish the season with Villa, like Ten-Hag did at Ajax. 

He certainly does come with glowing references and I think it would be a decent appointment. Think Taylor just pips its for me personally though. 
  • Options
    I think someone like Beale, Carrick or Euell would be a much better fit into the system Thomas is trying to implement than someone like Warburton or Taylor.

The more I read about Warburton the more I really like him but the more I think it would be an absolute disaster and he would be gone by Christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Beale might also appeal to TS because Jason Euell and other support staff already in post like Glyn Shimell, could remain. Beale won’t have a coaching set-up from managing a previous club.

Matt Taylor has. Wayne Carlisle, Kevin Nicholson and Scott Brown are very much Taylor’s team, who you’d imagine he’d want to bring with him. 
  • Options
    "But Beale is also thought to be in the running for Championship vacancies this summer"

What vacancies are there currently? QPR obviously, is Paul Ince the Reading manager of just a caretaker?

Any other clubs? 
  • Options
    "But Beale is also thought to be in the running for Championship vacancies this summer"

What vacancies are there currently? QPR obviously, is Paul Ince the Reading manager of just a caretaker?

Any other clubs? 
    Burnley
    Blackburn 
    Birmingham could be soon 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Beale might also appeal to TS because Jason Euell and other support staff already in post like Glyn Shimell, could remain. Beale won’t have a coaching set-up from managing a previous club.

Matt Taylor has. Wayne Carlisle, Kevin Nicholson and Scott Brown are very much Taylor’s team, who you’d imagine he’d want to bring with him. 
    Which makes the appointment of the development coach even more strange.  Appointing Taylor and only Taylor would be the worst of both worlds.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:

Which makes the appointment of the development coach even more strange.  Appointing Taylor and only Taylor would be the worst of both worlds.
    Would he not know Euell from his playing days, they were both here in 2011-12?
  • Options
    Now was the Taylor rumour put out there to try and force Michael's hand

Or has the Beale rumour been put out there to try and force Taylor's hand ;)
    Got to be something like this. Releasing to the press does seem like a move from a position of weakness sadly.
  • Options
    I am not averse to a woman manager in principle, I just don't see any candidates at the moment I would like to manage us. Emma Hayes would be the closest and could work but I don't think the league she manages in is that strong yet although it is clearly growing. Somebody will have to be the first and take the risk however, and it could pay off.
    Put a smile on my face as the first sentence reminded me of the classic ‘Yes Prime Minister’ on introducing women into the top posts in the Civil Service.
  • Options
    Well, MS said at the weekend they have been busy interviewing managers.

So maybe they have narrowed the long list down to a short list or even a list of one.

WIOTOS 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:

Would he not know Euell from his playing days, they were both here in 2011-12?
    He does know him but that's not the point.
  • Options

Only thing I wonder is whether the likes of Aston Villa or Exeter appreciate the fact that we're name dropping their staff to the press. 
    Been saying that .. he will want a break of some sort so if it’s him could be another 2/3 weeks before an appointment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Been saying that .. he will want a break of some sort so if it’s him could be another 2/3 weeks before an appointment 
    But then as King Addick says... Man Utd got ten Hag before the Ajax season was over.
  • Options
    I would prefer Taylor over Beale because Taylor will be far more knowledgeable about the League 1 & 2 best players where we are likely to be fishing. 
    if we go with Beale, it puts more emphasis on the player recruitment department's capabilities ( Martin Sandgaard etc -a little worrying) and loan players from the Prem 
  • Options
    4pm today was my prediction.

• Options
    I know this sounds double Dutch ?

Frank de Boer and Ronald de Boer.

Frank's ambition to play entertaining football in South London remains a true ambition and this isn't Peter Pan in never Netherlands. This is a man who hates Palace for not giving him time and refuses to play Boering football.

Not about money, but about cleaning up Charlton Athletic who were left with dirty stains after Southall and co left skid marks that lingers.
    Frank and Ronald would use the Ajax brand to give CAFC a bright future.

We would see double with the De Boer twins; (buy one, get one free) auto Promotion and Wembley winners in the Papa John's trophy- not in four seasons but one.

The futures bright, The futures Orange.
  • Options
    eh?
  • Options
    Suggests it’s Beale’s agent putting the story out there then. Probably using us to get a better job. 
  • Options
    Where is Cawley getting the story from then? 🤔
  • Options
    Suggests it’s Beale’s agent putting the story out there then. Probably using us to get a better job. 
    Would explain the line about Championship interest

Is that to get Championship clubs interested - Or is it a message to Sandgaard to re-think his wage offer.