Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Please tell me it could not happen.Martin Sandgaard Mananger Jason Euell Head Coach ?
    It can’t happen .. don’t have the badges 
    40 Managers 
    40.1 Subject to Regulations 40.4 and 40.5: 
    40.1.1 all Managers in the Championship must hold a minimum of the UEFA A Licence and 
    be working towards completing the UEFA Pro-Licence within 3 years of appointment
    40.1.2 all Managers in League One and League Two must hold a minimum of the UEFA B 
    Licence and be working towards completing the UEFA A Licence within 3 years of 
    appointment. 
    40.2 Where a Club is promoted from League One to the Championship and that Club’s Manager 
    does not hold the UEFA A Licence, the Manager shall have until 31 July in the following Season 
    in which to obtain the UEFA A Licence. 
    40.3 Where a Club appoints a Manager on an interim basis that individual does not need to meet 
    the qualifications set out in Regulation 40.1 above provided always that this dispensation shall 
    not last beyond the end of the Season in which they are appointed. Further, Clubs may not 
    appoint any individual who has already held an interim Manager position at a Club under this 
    Regulation unless and until such time as they have acquired the qualification(s) required under 
    Regulation 40.1. 
    Guidance 
    This only applies for any individual who does not meet the qualifications set out in Regulation 
    40.1. For the avoidance of any doubt if the individual holds the required qualification, there are 
    no restrictions on the individual from holding the position of Manager on an interim basis. 
    40.4 Where a Manager at a Club held the role of Manager at a Club or Premier League Club (or any 
    club in any other league of an equivalent standing to The League or Premier League, as 
    determined by the League, acting reasonably) on or prior to the 10 June 2011 then that 
    Manager does not need to comply with the provisions of Regulation 40.1 must instead hold the 
    Football Association Coaching Diploma (or suitable alternative, as approved by The League). 
    40.5 References in this Regulation to a particular UEFA qualification may, subject to the prior 
    approval of the League, include: 
    40.5.1 a ‘recognition of competence’ issued by UEFA (in accordance with the UEFA Coaching 
    Convention) confirming that the individual has achieved an equivalent standard; and 
    40.5.2 any equivalent qualification recognised by any other Confederation of FIFA.
    40.5.3 A really hard shot as recognised by his dad.

I think point 40.5.3 gets us round that.
  • Please tell me it could not happen.Martin Sandgaard Mananger Jason Euell Head Coach ?
    Mmm could have sworn this had already been stated earlier  ;)
  • Please tell me it could not happen.Martin Sandgaard Mananger Jason Euell Head Coach ?
    Blimey, nobody mentioned that 
    It's the only thing he's ever got right.
    So it's only natural he keeps repeating it 😂
  • paulfox said:
    Meanwhile the people at that Charlton Athletic Museum, who must be in the know, posted this.

A nod's as good as wink to a blind horse

I’m wondering if he’s the only person, player or supporter to have ever done that button up. It’s a no from on that basis.
    I checked and on the 1997 head and shoulders shots only two people had done up the top button.

Beale and this famous player

I think it’s just great you have bothered to check😂👍
    I was working on the Beale article for the OS so had those photos to hand any way.
    I tickled me a bit the thought of you sitting thinking, oh I just check that, then doing it😂
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    wmcf123 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    I am not sure what Martin Sandgaard does, or any detail at all as to why he is disparaged, although I am sure people will reasonably say others could do whatever MS is supposed to do much better, but beyond that what damage to good stuff balance is there?
    I certainly don’t know.
    However what does make sense to me is Thomas Sandgaard having somebody in location he can trust, and to be honest I don’t blame him.

Appreciate your thoughts Seth but its not about trust it’s nepotism and it’s bonkers. Yes he can do what he likes it’s his money but it’s pure wrong for our football club.
    None of us really know though. I suspect it’s just a good fit for TS to have his son here, to keep an eye on things as Seth said. I doubt very much that Martin is throwing his weight around overruling people who have much more experience than he does, even if TS is bigging him up, saying he runs the show. Fwiw, the body language between him and Gallen seemed ok after the U18s match at the weekend. If Martin *is* being is nightmare then I’m sure we’ll hear about it one way or another. 
    There are two camps here - blind faith in Sandgaard or enormous sceptics.  One is based on evidence, one is based on hope.  
    To a greater or lesser extent the story of every ownership (discounting ESI2) over the last decade is the same - movement from optimism/goodwill to disappointment/ antagonism. The timescale and depth of disillusionment differed but the trajectory has been the same. I think that is more accurate than “two camps” - it is a dynamic and people move from one to the other position over time. The movement has been one way only.

Perhaps it was ever thus. You can apply it to the Glikstens, Hulyer, Fryer and even the Murray-led administration although there was significant success mixed into those (over and above promotion from the third tier).

I do not think the fans were responsible for what happened with the spivs/Duchatelet/ESI - the reality was that all of these owners were wankers, to use the technical term. The movement in opinion was thus inevitable as they got found out, on and off the pitch. None of those people were going to run the club successfully over time, however the fans reacted. All of them, incidentally, were overtly or covertly opposed by their own staff.

It’s important both to learn from history and not to conclude that this dynamic is inevitable. But right now the trajectory is the same, whether people like it or not.
    The trouble is our fan base have been scarred from the wankers as you technically call them, has your stance changed on TS? As your tone of post regarding him seems to have changed or am I misinterpreting things( easily done) are we in danger of trying to find TS out as you say and eventually push the guy away  for what has been described as naive mistakes?. If the people with an agenda against him have concrete evidence that history is repeating then show the evidence so it can be acted upon, otherwise it could end in tears and open ourselves up to Thomas giving it bollox, and low and behold we’re asking the same questions of the new incumbent, eventually the doubters are going to have to accept what we have and not what they would want in a perfect world.
    I’m not sure who the people “who have an agenda” against TS are or what their “agenda” is, But I do recognise this as the way any criticism of the spivs, Duchatelet and ESI was dismissed. Until it wasn’t. 
    So based upon the one part you’ve chosen to address, as I’ve said before a lot of what you say is listened to being that you do the Charlton fanzine and seem to be a bit more Itk, are you suggesting now that we should be comparing Thomas to the shitbags previously, as me being someone not itk would like to know. As for the agendas , It’s pretty clear there are people not in support of TS, naturally there will always be, They’re agenda would be to not have him owning the club I’m guessing,which really unless we start creating a  new dossier, he will be around for a while.but I’m pretty sure I didn’t really to explain that to you. We don’t need cryptic clues just facts is my point really. 
    I’m not suggesting what you or anyone else should think, cryptically or otherwise. I’m stacking the simplistic and lazy idea that the options are binary and that anyone who expresses doubts about TS must have “an agenda”. 
    I certainly don’t need to be told what to think🤣 however if somebody seen to be more itk than a lot of us, when you have suggested in the past things are not quite right,that’s reason to question things.there seems to be an idea  on here that because TS has made mistakes a comparison  is being made with previous wrong doers. When I think it’s fairer to let the bloke put his mistakes right, if he doesn’t learn and repeats mistakes then he is fair game, but I don’t believe he is anything like the people of the past. 
  • shirty5 said:
    I’m not saying it’s inaccurate that Taylor will “inevitably “ have spoken to Jackson but I’m not convinced these statements are always true. I’m sure if MT really wanted to get hold of Jackson’s number he could but how much credence would you place on asking the person who’s just been sacked from the job you are considering ? I’m not saying JJ would have an axe to grind but it’s possible. It might be different if they were dear old chums but I doubt the two have spoken to each other for years. Always seems odd to me that these clichéd assumptions about asking advice on the job you want are rolled out every time.
     Well they played together for 2 seasons. If you was going for a job and you knew someone who used to work there would you not ask them?
    No. I’ve worked with hundreds of people for a lot longer that 2 years and never spoken to them since.
    I have worked with many people over the years and not spoken to them......when I was with them.
  • Wow, I somehow managed to miss 865 posts on this thread. I don't think I'll go back and read them all  :)
  • paulfox said:
    wmcf123 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    I am not sure what Martin Sandgaard does, or any detail at all as to why he is disparaged, although I am sure people will reasonably say others could do whatever MS is supposed to do much better, but beyond that what damage to good stuff balance is there?
    I certainly don’t know.
    However what does make sense to me is Thomas Sandgaard having somebody in location he can trust, and to be honest I don’t blame him.

Appreciate your thoughts Seth but its not about trust it’s nepotism and it’s bonkers. Yes he can do what he likes it’s his money but it’s pure wrong for our football club.
    None of us really know though. I suspect it’s just a good fit for TS to have his son here, to keep an eye on things as Seth said. I doubt very much that Martin is throwing his weight around overruling people who have much more experience than he does, even if TS is bigging him up, saying he runs the show. Fwiw, the body language between him and Gallen seemed ok after the U18s match at the weekend. If Martin *is* being is nightmare then I’m sure we’ll hear about it one way or another. 
    There are two camps here - blind faith in Sandgaard or enormous sceptics.  One is based on evidence, one is based on hope.  
    To a greater or lesser extent the story of every ownership (discounting ESI2) over the last decade is the same - movement from optimism/goodwill to disappointment/ antagonism. The timescale and depth of disillusionment differed but the trajectory has been the same. I think that is more accurate than “two camps” - it is a dynamic and people move from one to the other position over time. The movement has been one way only.

Perhaps it was ever thus. You can apply it to the Glikstens, Hulyer, Fryer and even the Murray-led administration although there was significant success mixed into those (over and above promotion from the third tier).

I do not think the fans were responsible for what happened with the spivs/Duchatelet/ESI - the reality was that all of these owners were wankers, to use the technical term. The movement in opinion was thus inevitable as they got found out, on and off the pitch. None of those people were going to run the club successfully over time, however the fans reacted. All of them, incidentally, were overtly or covertly opposed by their own staff.

It’s important both to learn from history and not to conclude that this dynamic is inevitable. But right now the trajectory is the same, whether people like it or not.
    The trouble is our fan base have been scarred from the wankers as you technically call them, has your stance changed on TS? As your tone of post regarding him seems to have changed or am I misinterpreting things( easily done) are we in danger of trying to find TS out as you say and eventually push the guy away  for what has been described as naive mistakes?. If the people with an agenda against him have concrete evidence that history is repeating then show the evidence so it can be acted upon, otherwise it could end in tears and open ourselves up to Thomas giving it bollox, and low and behold we’re asking the same questions of the new incumbent, eventually the doubters are going to have to accept what we have and not what they would want in a perfect world.
    I’m not sure who the people “who have an agenda” against TS are or what their “agenda” is, But I do recognise this as the way any criticism of the spivs, Duchatelet and ESI was dismissed. Until it wasn’t. 
    And anyone daring to criticise Murray post 2005, let's not forget.
  • Sponsored links:

• PWR

At least Lee Johnson is out of the frame now - gone to Hibs
  • DA9 said:

Is TS perfect?  No
    Is he anywhere near the levels of shithousery, incompetence and criminal behaviour of previous incumbents, No
    Has he made mistakes, Yes, but I believe all to do with inexperience, naivety and ego rather than some Machiavellian plot.

Rant over 
    He did say Elvis was over rated :- )

But, yes I agree.

He wants success in the same way we fans do.
    Actually, a friend of mine who also happens to be a big Elvis fan, was talking to him in the Oak the last time he was over and she told me that he said he was a big Elvis fan also, so stick that in your cardigan pocket with your boiled sweets, I’m more itk than you 😜
  • shirty5 said:
    I’m not saying it’s inaccurate that Taylor will “inevitably “ have spoken to Jackson but I’m not convinced these statements are always true. I’m sure if MT really wanted to get hold of Jackson’s number he could but how much credence would you place on asking the person who’s just been sacked from the job you are considering ? I’m not saying JJ would have an axe to grind but it’s possible. It might be different if they were dear old chums but I doubt the two have spoken to each other for years. Always seems odd to me that these clichéd assumptions about asking advice on the job you want are rolled out every time.
     Well they played together for 2 seasons. If you was going for a job and you knew someone who used to work there would you not ask them?
    No. I’ve worked with hundreds of people for a lot longer that 2 years and never spoken to them since.
    I have worked with many people over the years and not spoken to them......when I was with them.

Was that when you were a Carthusian monk?
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    wmcf123 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    I certainly don’t know.

So based upon the one part you’ve chosen to address, as I’ve said before a lot of what you say is listened to being that you do the Charlton fanzine and seem to be a bit more Itk, are you suggesting now that we should be comparing Thomas to the shitbags previously, as me being someone not itk would like to know. As for the agendas , It’s pretty clear there are people not in support of TS, naturally there will always be, They’re agenda would be to not have him owning the club I’m guessing,which really unless we start creating a  new dossier, he will be around for a while.but I’m pretty sure I didn’t really to explain that to you. We don’t need cryptic clues just facts is my point really. 
    I’m not suggesting what you or anyone else should think, cryptically or otherwise. I’m attacking the simplistic and lazy idea that the options are binary and that anyone who expresses doubts about TS must have “an agenda”. 
    The thing is Rick, you must realise that as the go to person for the MSM and local hacks for your quotes and interviews with anything like this, they do so based on your history for activism and calling things out, anything you may suggest or imply goes a lot further than say mine would.
    You have far many more contacts within the club, ex employees and the media than most, whether you like it or not, people will latch onto the merest hint or comment you make, substantiated or not, of course, your not responsible for peoples assumptions, but you must realise that?
    It’s wrong. 
    It’s wrong. 
    That's pissed on his chips then.
  • PWR

At least Lee Johnson is out of the frame now - gone to Hibs
    Just post this once a page to keep morale up.
  • Is there an obvious link between Lennon and McLeish?
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d prefer Hasselbaink to Lennon… thanks but no thanks.
  • DA9 said:
    DA9 said:

Is TS perfect?  No
    Is he anywhere near the levels of shithousery, incompetence and criminal behaviour of previous incumbents, No
    Has he made mistakes, Yes, but I believe all to do with inexperience, naivety and ego rather than some Machiavellian plot.

Rant over 
    He did say Elvis was over rated :- )

But, yes I agree.

He wants success in the same way we fans do.
    Actually, a friend of mine who also happens to be a big Elvis fan, was talking to him in the Oak the last time he was over and she told me that he said he was a big Elvis fan also, so stick that in your cardigan pocket with your boiled sweets, I’m more itk than you 😜
    Elvis was in The Oak ? 
    There’s a guy works down the Oak swears he’s Elvis 

I’ll get me coat…..
  • Do we know for a fact MS doesn't have his UEFA B licence, or is it an assumption?

Sorry if this has been previously answered. Haven't got time to read everything.
  • i hope TS gets Curbs in
    I would like to see him involved in ‘some way or another’ on the team/playing side of things.
    Not sure how that could be accomplished though, first off an agreement with the new manager would need to be made in order that he would agree to the idea.
    Of course……..would Curbs himself be interested?
    This is getting silly now. Curbs is a total legend here and always will be but he makes no secret of the fact that he doesnt watch football much anymore, he appears on Charlton TV and gives his opinion on the match to hand. He is at a stage in life where football is way down the agenda. Let the fella enjoy himself