Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    If people don’t want Lennon cos he’s shit or bad at managing players then that’s fair dos.

If it has anything to do with sectarian nonsense then that’s just plain bollox.
    For me it's absolutely the management.

His first four years at Celtic went quite well (with the caveat of having little competition for the last three of those four years). Then he was awful at Bolton, getting them relegated. Then he got suspended & agreed mutual termination with Hibs. Then in his second spell at Celtic, he had a good platform set by Rodgers and within two years he'd taken them backwards. You're now seeing what a decent manager like Postecoglou has done with the same club the year since he left. No idea what he's been like in Cyprus but finishing 7th with a team that won the league the season before is concerning.
  • Not sure either way really, I would question why he’s ended up in Cypriot football if he is still regarded as a good manager which makes it sound like I think Cypriot football is shit buy hey!😬🤣, I have no grounds for saying this, but he doesn’t feel like a good fit for Charlton, which ultimately could be a good thing as it may be what we need.I’m not overly excited by the prospect but if that’s what happens he starts with a clean slate. So basically I’ve got splinters in my arse over this one.🤣
  • edited May 2022
    If people don’t want Lennon cos he’s shit or bad at managing players then that’s fair dos.

For me it’s because I think he is on the way down as a manager and maybe some personal issues that might impact him as a manager. 

You’d think that if these things are true then there’s no way he’ll get the job. Or am I being naive, and far too trusting of the selection set up?

Edit: having read the above posts on this I’d be very very surprised if he get the job. 
  • Neil Lennon has been manager for 324 games in Scotland and England.
    His win rate has been 54%.
    His draw rate 19%
    His loss rate 27%.
    Are these the kind of numbers that make a manager atrocious?
    My maths is uncertain, but those numbers would give us around 91 points if replicated in a league one season.
    Is there evidence that Lennon’s mojo is shot?
  • I'm half Greek Cypriot and you can call Cypriot football frankly whatever you want
  • I can hand on heart say that if Neil Lennon becomes Charlton manager, I will not attend a single match whist he's in charge 
    Even if he was successful ? 
    Yes 100%
    Can I ask why?

Was a horrible little shit when he was a player

Talks shit about other teams all the time 

Refused to come out for the 1 minute silence for the Ibrox disaster

Never stops moaning about his teams being picked on

Purposely winds up opposition fans when he should be keeping his mouth shut

He's a shit manager

He's ginger :)
    The stawberry blond bit swayed me.
  • Lennon ruled out by Cawley. 

Sorry can’t do the link to twitter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I can hand on heart say that if Neil Lennon becomes Charlton manager, I will not attend a single match whist he's in charge 
    Even if he was successful ? 
    Yes 100%
    Can I ask why?

Was a horrible little shit when he was a player

Talks shit about other teams all the time 

Refused to come out for the 1 minute silence for the Ibrox disaster

Never stops moaning about his teams being picked on

Purposely winds up opposition fans when he should be keeping his mouth shut

He's a shit manager

He's ginger :)
    Surely only the last of your points is relevant. And the other points show a bias that negates the relevant part. Having said that, my gut feeling is there are probably better options out there. I just wish we would stop farting around interviewing people and appoint somebody. 
  • edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    Neil Lennon has been manager for 324 games in Scotland and England.
    His draw rate 19%
    His loss rate 27%.
    My maths is uncertain, but those numbers would give us around 91 points if replicated in a league one season.
    I wonder what the typical Charlton fan win rate would be if they managed Celtic or Rangers?
    I should have thought those teams would win more than they lose without any manager.
    I wonder what the average American who knows 10 times more than the average sky sports subscriber and more about modern attacking football than those in English football would do? 

Your right though it is very hard to judge 
  • JamesSeed said:

For me it’s because I think he is on the way down as a manager and maybe some personal issues that might impact him as a manager. 

You’d think that if these things are true then there’s no way he’ll get the job. Or am I being naive, and far too trusting of the selection set up?

Edit: having read the above posts on this I’d be very very surprised if he get the job. 
    Finally got something right! 😅
  • edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    Neil Lennon has been manager for 324 games in Scotland and England.
    His draw rate 19%
    His loss rate 27%.
    His win rate at Celtic tops 70%. He had a good year or two with Hibs until that fell apart. 

He’s one that would be either awful and sacked before Christmas, or does quite well but ends up leaving after 18 months due to a training ground bust up.

He’s like the ginger Bowyer…
  • Lennon ruled out, move onto the next argument. 
  • And relaxxxxx.
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to JFH then 😳
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink anyone ?
  • If people don’t want Lennon cos he’s shit or bad at managing players then that’s fair dos.

I don't want him for both ;) 
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink anyone ?
    Hadn't Cawley already ruled him out?
  • I’d prefer Hasselbaink to Lennon… thanks but no thanks.
    I can go back to hoping it's not Hasselbaink now.
  • Cawley ruled out JFH a while back.
  • Leuth said:
    I'm half Greek Cypriot and you can call Cypriot football frankly whatever you want
    Lol, I didn’t mean it as bad as it may have sounded, I’ve got family moved over to Cyprus and seen some football whilst there, it’s not great, but a nice place to go manage if your career is more on the decline I’d suggest, which makes me wonder if the appetite for league one would be there. 
  • Give that man a Knighthood...arise Sir Richard Cawley..now c'mon Rich, all this guff about "I don't know who is going to be manager" stuff...spill the beans mate... B)