Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• so how many more weeks will it take to get a manager or coach signed, who ever that is.
  • I don't wish to go against many peoples opinions on here, but could it be, I know this maybe a little whimsical, that we have selected our next manager already and they in turn have handed a player shopping list to TS, but we haven't made an announcement yet due to them being at a club that's still playing?
    Just a thought. 
  • Are we only interviewing out of work managers?
  • edited May 2022
    Are we only interviewing out of work managers?
    Lennon, Beal, Taylor and JFH are all working.  The only unemployed manager there has even been a wif of was/is Warburton and he was working when Jackson got the tin tac.
  • I think the shortlist still exists but it’s now quite short.
  • I don't wish to go against many peoples opinions on here, but could it be, I know this maybe a little whimsical, that we have selected our next manager already and they in turn have handed a player shopping list to TS, but we haven't made an announcement yet due to them being at a club that's still playing?
    Just a thought. 
    It's possible but I am sure if that was the case it would have leaked by now.  Too many people would know.
  • msomerton said:
    so how many more weeks will it take to get a manager or coach signed, who ever that is.
  • Are we only interviewing out of work managers?
    No
  • Redrobo said:
    Are we only interviewing out of work managers?
    No
    Who have we interviewed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to be Jason Euell at this rate isnt it.
  • This shaping up to be a "same old same old" CAFC close season...
  • I know it’s getting frustrating for people who are thinking it’s taking a while, but I’m quite enjoying the fact that no one outside of the process, seemingly has a clue who it’s going to be. Cawley has said that Taylor and Beale are both under consideration I believe, but that’s all that has been suggested.
    Nope
    I cant find the interview where Thomas spoke about the presentation Jason Euell did that he said he was so impressed with.  He was on my original top 5 of who I thought it would be.  Cawley has ruled one out and another won't get a work permit......
  • I had that thought today too. Feels like a last resort, but probably preferable to a lot of 'external' options too...
  • Nothing against Jason but I hope it’s not him. We need a new approach and I’m sorry but Jason won’t give us that. 
  • Nothing against Jason but I hope it’s not him. We need a new approach and I’m sorry but Jason won’t give us that. 
    We don’t know that for sure though do we. Bowyer was completely different to Robinson for example 
  • edited May 2022
    They could spin some BS about the more they looked, the more they kept going back to Euell. Then they could contradict that with clauses in his contract to get rid if it isn't working in a timely fashion. But we wouldn't focus on those and then he either succeeds or fails but at least if it is the latter we still have a chance to try somebody else and still affect our season. And he could very well succeed. Why not?
  • Most managers would have a high percentage rate managing “ra sellik” or Rangers purely on the basis of serious competition.

Look at it like this, I dislike Lennon intensely, because he is a vile maggot, NOT because he is a former ***tic manager, for instance, I would take Brendan Rodgers in a heartbeat (ridiculous as that is)

• Sponsored links:

We don’t know that for sure though do we. Bowyer was completely different to Robinson for example 
    Exactly right. Euell will have his own ideas.
  • Is it just the Celtic thing that put people off Lennon?
    Genuinely interested in the answer.
    Yes
  • If Euell was the most impressive candidate then what’s he problem. If we’re honest, he’s more experienced and qualified than Jacko and should probably have been given the chance ahead of Jackson last time round. He’s also an England U20 coach. 

Having said all that, I don’t think it will be him as I doubt TS can be bothered with the backlash of some thinking it’s no different. 
  • For what it's worth I think jason Euell has had a more independent trajectory than some might think.
    Euell was U23 when Robinson was here, and he was left in situ when Jacko and Bowyer was around. Then Bowyer worked with Jacko, then Adkins worked with Jacko, then Jacko worked with Euell, but was still minded to bring in Skivington.
    In the interim Euell has had some side hustles in relation to England I believe.
    I have no idea if Jason Euell would work out, but I believe he sees himself as his own man, he did well with the U23's so that might indicate something.
  • edited May 2022
    Nothing against Jason but I hope it’s not him. We need a new approach and I’m sorry but Jason won’t give us that. 
    We don’t indeed, but if we were to employ someone for example like a Matt Taylor we are more likely to have more of an idea about how they will perform - and if at least if they can be successful - in the actual manager role. Where as for me, currently Euell has just been part of the same coaching set up that has been producing terrible football for a long time now.

Of course there are not guarantees either way, and l am not saying that Euell may not be an exceptional manager. But I would rather whoever we did employ had a body of work, working in the actual role then taking a punt on someone who has not*.

In short I don’t feel like we can take a punt on someone who has not had proven success in the role at the current juncture of where we are.

*That being said I would of course very much welcome Beale, so what do I know.
  • edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't wish to go against many peoples opinions on here, but could it be, I know this maybe a little whimsical, that we have selected our next manager already and they in turn have handed a player shopping list to TS, but we haven't made an announcement yet due to them being at a club that's still playing?
    Just a thought. 
    It's possible but I am sure if that was the case it would have leaked by now.  Too many people would know.
    Sorry I completely disagree, no one on here has a clue who has been interviewed, or is still, maybe, to be interviewed, if you stick a tenner on just one of the candidates the odds will shorten dramatically! Even the bookies are struggling to have a 'cast iron favourite' as odds keep changing with no one as a complete stand out 'hot' name.
    TS and Co seem to be doing things under the radar....not a bad thing in my opinion.
    Afterall look at the arguments on here about who it should/shouldn't be. Only time will tell if I might be right, but it's not a bad theory.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Going to be Jason Euell at this rate isnt it.
    I cant find the interview where Thomas spoke about the presentation Jason Euell did that he said he was so impressed with.  He was on my original top 5 of who I thought it would be.  Cawley has ruled one out and another won't get a work permit......
    I’m 90% sure the interview is from the Player Of The Year Dinner where he’s talking about Jason Pearce, not Jason Euell. 

I think Pearce presented to him in relation to getting a coaching role at the club. Happy to be proven wrong as I haven’t listened to it since. 
    I read it somewhere it could have been a transcript of that interview and mistranscribed.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Going to be Jason Euell at this rate isnt it.
    I’m 90% sure the interview is from the Player Of The Year Dinner where he’s talking about Jason Pearce, not Jason Euell. 

I think Pearce presented to him in relation to getting a coaching role at the club. Happy to be proven wrong as I haven’t listened to it since. 
    That was my recollection 
  • edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't wish to go against many peoples opinions on here, but could it be, I know this maybe a little whimsical, that we have selected our next manager already and they in turn have handed a player shopping list to TS, but we haven't made an announcement yet due to them being at a club that's still playing?
    Just a thought. 
    Sorry I completely disagree, no one on here has a clue who has been interviewed, or is still, maybe, to be interviewed, if you stick a tenner on just one of the candidates the odds will shorten dramatically! Even the bookies are struggling to have a 'cast iron favourite' as odds keep changing with no one as a complete stand out 'hot' name.
    TS and Co seem to be doing things under the radar....not a bad thing in my opinion.
    Afterall look at the arguments on here about who it should/shouldn't be. Only time will tell if I might be right, but it's not a bad theory.
    Has that ever happened? I think there’s way too many loose lips in football nowadays for a manager to go behind his own clubs back and neither party leak it. 

If it was at a club still playing, it would have to be League Two level. I can’t see us being interested in poaching a manager from Swindon, Port Vale or Mansfield.