Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Matt Taylor doing punditry on leave 1 play off tonight, just saying……
    League 1 playoffs have finished 
    Shit my Sunderland supporting mate thought it finishes Saturday, better tell him and get him to cancel his flight to Spain.
    I would, the final is being held at Wembley. 
    https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/20144499.sunderland-fan-travelling-wembley-via-spain/
    Nuts! I hadn't seen that. 
  • Hope it's Beale because into the valley are sure it's Taylor. I wouldn't  mind either to be honest.
  • I would have Beale as he undoubtedly has talent as a coach and as a tactician. 
    Great foundations for a manager.
  • Are we only interviewing out of work managers?
    Just the desperate ones
  • If we keep taking our time when it comes to appointing a new manager, we’re going to miss out on re-signing Leon Clarke. Get a move on Thomas ffs.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    @ExeterDave the great Fred Binney played for both of our clubs.
    The best person I ever employed and worked alongside arrived with a first from Exeter University.
    I like the ground development seen on the telly since my last visit to the proper St James’ Park, what is the away capacity?
    My understanding is that true Devonians pronounce it ‘Egg-zet-ur’, unlike our terrible Grockle mispronounciation.
    Looking forward to us playing each other next season, and whatever the management situation I hope you do well.

That's how some of the more thicker-accented say it. I say Exe-eter, but then I don't have a Devonshire accent, I'm Queen's English.
    Yeah, but is it jam or cream first on the scones?
    I actually do it the Cornish way (with jam first), but only because I find it easier. That's also the way the Queen has it apparently. I'm basically a rubbish Devonian.
    Correct answer, welcome to Cornish Charlton Life
  • Is it just the Celtic thing that put people off Lennon?
    Genuinely interested in the answer.
    No, I think he is a twat. 
  • Today alone we've gone from Taylor, to Lennon, to Hasselbaink back to Beale.

Just need Warburton to complete the set.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely Euell is at least in the Powell position now. Either take a job higher up or take a managerial position at this level.
  • Matt Taylor doing punditry on leave 1 play off tonight, just saying……
    Well spotted  soldier, good to keep you on your toes.
  • War-bur-ton. What is he good for? Absolutely Nothing! Say it again y'all....could be the chant if he comes and it all goes pear shaped.

For that lyrical reason alone, the full force of  KiwiValley's influence goes behind the appointment of Warburton .
  • edited May 2022
    I'm holding out hope it'll be Beale.  Think he's the most interesting & exciting option
    Me too. Would be the most un-Charlton  hire in many a year in a good way and an exciting chapter.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am still hoping that it will be Warburton in light of his previous connections with the recent CAFC appointments of Da Souza and Dangerfield.

Possibly clutching at straws, but if Warburton is still contracted to QPR, even if they were not going to renew his contract, could CAFC risk having to pay compensation to QPR if anything were to be agreed/ announced prior to expiry of his contract with QPR? If Warburton is indeed CAFC’s choice, could this potentially explain the current waiting game?
  • SweetCAFC said:
    I am still hoping that it will be Warburton in light of his previous connections with the recent CAFC appointments of Da Souza and Dangerfield.

Possibly clutching at straws, but if Warburton is still contracted to QPR, even if they were not going to renew his contract, could CAFC risk having to pay compensation to QPR if anything were to be agreed/ announced prior to expiry of his contract with QPR? If Warburton is indeed CAFC’s choice, could this potentially explain the current waiting game?
    Short answer is no. Look at Bolton who already announced the signing of Iredale prior to the official expiry of his contract with Cambridge. I don't see any reason why the rules would be different for managers.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Matt Taylor doing punditry on leave 1 play off tonight, just saying……
    Shit my Sunderland supporting mate thought it finishes Saturday, better tell him and get him to cancel his flight to Spain.
    I would, the final is being held at Wembley. 
    Not the final obviously.  Tell me what is a leave 1 playoff. You didn't  bother to correct that, just mine as usual. 
    I didn't reply to Mendonca. In fact, I didn't reply and correct you either, despite the fact you gave me a golden opportunity by (as usual) making a totally incorrect statement. 
  • Anyone know if Darren purse or Hayden Mullins are doing any coaching badges ? 
    I'd hazard a wild guess at yes given they have both been managing this season...
  • Time for a CL poll surely 
  • edited May 2022
    Anyone know if Darren purse or Hayden Mullins are doing any coaching badges ? 
    I'd hazard a wild guess at yes given they have both been managing this season...
    Not two wooshes in two pages....... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone know if Darren purse or Hayden Mullins are doing any coaching badges ? 
    Not two wooshes in two pages....... 
    No, I obviously get the Purse and Mullins 'joke'.