Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington gone

Comments

• Options
    No mention of May being out of contract, interesting Will Boyle is available- https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/may/202122-retained-and-released-list/
  • Options
    I’d say thanks for his efforts, sometimes enjoyable to watch with his runs and hard work, other times infuriating with his inconsistent finishing hence him being league 1. I think it’s all going to come down to who we get in as to whether it’s a good or bad decision. I really don’t think by keeping him as well as what we have is going to get us promoted so I would edge towards it not being a terrible decision. If the marquis rumour has any substance, then we’re fucked.😂😬
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    My sons reckons Alfie May @ Cheltenham is out of contract…
    He's right. Championship interest though. Local lad so could appeal. 
    Hope he has overcome his problems.
    Drink, drug, money?
  • Options
    Look forward to us signing him in the January transfer window.
    For £300k on a 3 and a half year deal.
  • Options
    It’s now clear that we desperately need a first choice striker who can turn the defenders and have them running towards their own goal line.

Having seen Davison return 9 goals from 21 appearances at Swindon (and his contract extension), I’m hopeful he’ll be an effective back-up to whoever is coming in.

Davison and Washington have similar work ethics without being profilic scorers so I can see the logic if we only ever planned for CW to be a back-up.

But please please do not play Davison as a target man. If he gets a dozen or so starts next year (through an injury or suspension), he has to be playing alongside Stockley or Chuks.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Washington should convert to a winger, it seems more inline with his talents. 

The lack of assists and goal conversion means he will never be a leading striker in the division. At 29 he isn't playing above League One and it shows. 

Lots of effort, the ability just isn't there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Washington should convert to a winger, it seems more inline with his talents. 

The lack of assists and goal conversion means he will never be a leading striker in the division. At 29 he's never played above League One and it shows. 

Lots of effort, the ability just isn't there. 
    He has over 100 appearances in the Championship with QPR and Sheffield United… you’re talking nonsense.
    I meant he isn't going to play there again. Misworded and changed before you commented. 

Chill, your best mate will play us next season and you'll see what we aren't missing. 
  • Options
    Don’t even joke about it!
  • Options
    50/50 decision. I know we want Aiden O’Brien who plays a similar role so maybe that’s why we’ve released Connor. Wish him well.
  • Options
    All the best Conor …. If we get a scorer to replace him, great news … otherwise could be a mistake.  
  • Options
    Not bothered he has gone.  Always gave his best so no hard feelings.  His serious pace will be missed.  We need to replace him with someone better and then all is good.  I don't have huge faith that we will though.

Wonder who made the decision
  • Options
    Regarding Marques, was the real deal at Doncaster but has never reached the same heights since he left them….would be a huge gamble…….so it’s a no from me.
  • Options
    Letting Connor go, major mistake.  
    Want to press high?  Want strikers pacy enough to out run defenders?  Want speed to worry the back 4 and pull them about?  

Yes, yes and yes. 

Answer - get rid of our only striker who can do all 3

and ffs sign George on a more committed basis.  I don’t commit to work for anyone who doesn’t show me commitment, why would we expect footballers to be any different?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    RoanRedNY said:
    Want to press high?  Want strikers pacy enough to out run defenders?  Want speed to worry the back 4 and pull them about?  

Yes, yes and yes. 

and ffs sign George on a more committed basis.  I don’t commit to work for anyone who doesn’t show me commitment, why would we expect footballers to be any different?
    Yep, why not trigger Dobbo’s contract extension ,now rather than have a whole year of angst and uncertainty?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RoanRedNY said:

Yes, yes and yes. 

Want someone to put the ball in the net on a regular basis without missing loads…..oh!!😬
  • Options
    Bit surprised. If we can get better, then all well and good. We must think we can do better, hopefully we can. But the recent recruitment has left a lot to be desired….
  • Options
    We’ll probably sign him back for 300k in August.
    Only if it’s on 3.5 year contract though. 
  • Options
    Is there not a chance he wanted too much money?
    Up until last week he said there had been no discussion about a contract.
  • Options
    Connor might be back if the new gaffer wants him?
  • Options
    Don’t even joke about it!
    I'm not. 
  • Options
    It’s now clear that we desperately need a first choice striker who can turn the defenders and have them running towards their own goal line.

Having seen Davison return 9 goals from 21 appearances at Swindon (and his contract extension), I’m hopeful he’ll be an effective back-up to whoever is coming in.

Davison and Washington have similar work ethics without being profilic scorers so I can see the logic if we only ever planned for CW to be a back-up.

But please please do not play Davison as a target man. If he gets a dozen or so starts next year (through an injury or suspension), he has to be playing alongside Stockley or Chuks.
    I think this is right to make comparisons between Washington and Davison.

BTW best wishes and thanks Wash.
  • Options
    50/50 decision. I know we want Aiden O’Brien who plays a similar role so maybe that’s why we’ve released Connor. Wish him well.
    Is O’Brien really an upgrade on Washington? Or is it that he’s cheaper?
  • Options
    People just looking for something to get upset about now. Not one person wants him to be in our first 11 next season and I'm sure someone was saying he was looking for a pay rise.
    I think he's a good backup yes, but this is obviously a sign that we'll bring in another first 11 striker, and I'm happy to put faith in Kanu as a backup.

Plus, it was a snidey move for Washington to spread the rumor that TS was going to fire Jackson. There's no positive influence from doing that.
    Seriously ? You're happy to have a 17 yo who's played 20 seconds senior football as back up striker ?