Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington gone

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Christ, why this avalanche of interviews? He isn't close to being a Charlton legend, let go
    I think your anger should be directed at the SLP who have started releasing single interviews by piece meal for the clicks. Rich probably gets paid per word.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Christ, why this avalanche of interviews? He isn't close to being a Charlton legend, let go
    He thinks very highly of himself too. 

And his distain for Adkins is pretty clear in those interviews, guess he's one of the players that downed tools for the first 12 games. 
    Thats harsh mate, in my humble opinion. He wasn't in the starting line up that often in those 12 games and when he was he was out of position on the left.

I also thought he came across well in the press pieces out today. Spoke well of the fans and the club generally. He clearly just wanted his future sorted in Feb for his kids schooling and I get that. 

• Options
    Playing for Rotherham against Huddersfield live on Sky at the mo, scored the opener, currently 1-1 at the start of the second half. 
  • Options
    Wrong thread really, but George Lapslie has also got one for Mansfield today
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Wrong thread really, but George Lapslie has also got one for Mansfield today
    And Umerah for Hartlepool
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Playing for Rotherham against Huddersfield live on Sky at the mo, scored the opener, currently 1-1 at the start of the second half. 
    Think that’s 2 goals in 14 games!
  • Options
    Whilst there is an issue with player behaviour this season they did mention a LOT of work has already been done.

I wonder if Conor leaving was a coincidence….
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Whilst there is an issue with player behaviour this season they did mention a LOT of work has already been done.

I wonder if Conor leaving was a coincidence….
    Or if there was a deliberate attempt to put about he was a problem through willing sources, because they didn’t want to offer him a contract. It’s a view that’s entertained in some very well informed quarters.
    Maybe but my sources were both very close to the situation and had nothing to gain from making it up.

I guess we’ll never know for sure
  • Options
    Could be that both were true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three ex-Charlton players there...
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Three ex-Charlton players there...
    Four if you include Dack. Not sure what the criteria is but I'm sure that there's a lot worst team out there. 
  • Options
    That would be great and provide a smug feeling if our trajectory wasn't below their current level.
  • Options
    Harsh having Dack on there. He's battling his way back from TWO cruciate knee ligament injuries and hasn't started many games. Also think he scored the winner for them in a game last week.
  • Options
    Think it might be stat-driven, which cannot detect politeness and emotion ;)
  • Options
    We all knew he wasn't and wouldn't be good enough for the championship. However it was a shame that he left as he (when fit) was a really important player for us and added that something different. Of course if he was replaced correctly it wouldn't of been a massive loss but I'd have him back for sure.