Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• I just wish the RSK was a bit smaller and further down. Looks cramped. Love the shirt though
  • According to the target market for these, which is an eight year old, it’s Home, Away and third, in that order of preference 
  • edited July 2022

The proper badge and layout  really would have made it better. That red accent would have popped

• Vile 
  • Nice kit... rsk looks a bit big again though, looks a bit high up too
  • My first thought was ‘Gillingham shirt’
  • Well the shorts and socks look nice.

I love my Woolwich blue shirt and having it alongside this new shirt in the marketing material is a big mistake. The 1992 shirt is a class act. Look at the way the maker's brand, the club badge and the logo are spaced properly on the older version. Our new shirt makers gave some junior graphic designer three minutes to throw everything on the front centred. It looks plain bad with the paired down club badge sandwiched and lost between oversized brand and sponsor logo. Also the dark blue sleeves gives the shirt a hint of Millwall.

It's a shame because, together with the 1992 beauty, I have always liked other manufacturers' efforts for our blue away shirts.   

• Blue is OK.  Don't like the diagonal stripes and where is the proper badge...?  Bring on the training kit with proper badge and no sponsor name.  Must be an improvement.
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:
    Love the socks, they’re fantastic. 
    Castore don't deal in socks
  • cafc999 said:
    For me the sponsor dominates the shirt which takes away the focus of the badge 
    Yep, colour on the badge would balance it out even at the same scale 
  • a bit gillinghamy. scummy and sweaty socky ... so it's a no from me
  • God that’s bad.
  • Not a fan of everything being centred and i also think the sponsor logo is too big and too high up. 

Logo lower, proper club badge and everything in the normal positions and it might have looked ok. The Woolwich shirt is miles better.
  • edited July 2022
    Our badge is a classic and is a welcome contrast on whatever colour they decide to base a 2nd or 3rd kit.  The black and gold last year was warmly applauded but if it had also the traditional badge  ten times better imo. Why feck with perfection?

Hell what do I know?  Haven't bought a Charlton kit to wear in 40 years.

• The bottom of the sword is in the middle of RSK, but the tip of the sword is not in the middle of Castore. 
  • edited July 2022
    Oh dear no! I prefer the original Admiral one. I like blue and wear that recent 'Ben Watson' one with pride when out running, if my other 'non Charlton' actual running shirts are in the wash.

I don't like the text and badge design on this one. When I heard the 3rd kit was to be blue, I was hoping for better. Simply horrid! It's a no from me I'm afraid. Up the Reds!
  • Sponsored links:

• The bottom of the sword is in the middle of RSK, but the tip of the sword is not in the middle of Castore. 
    they've gone from the centre of the badge, in this case, the hand, however the actual full badge centralises the sword.
  • Pretty cheap looking. Home is the best of the bunch imo. 
  • The kids home shirt is a tad orangey , deffo not fully red 

Didn't notice that before, that looks really strange!
  • Looks more like a training top with the central badge. 
  • Another year without a purple, green & white re-make... I thought all these new kit suppliers wanted to be edgy and retro... it's on a plate for you!
  • normally I like a central badge however it looks wrong on that top and needed the whole badge to be in the middle 

with the badge and the logo on each side it would be the best kit of the 3