Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Celebrations 2022

Comments

• Options
    Royal Fusiliers brass band. Huge street party. History lesson for the kids - royals from (the great!) Edward the Confessor to the present day. Meditate on what an incredible thing 70 years of service looks like ~ Her Majesty ~ incredible. We will never see this like again. 

Ponder the unthinkable nightmare of Harry and Megan ever sitting on the throne. ( Even for one day!!) Watch the 35th anniversary Leeds match with Shirtliffes brilliant brace on yt. 

Eat too much. Drink too little.

Write a letter to the CEO of EDF and tell him what for. In French! 
  • Options
    I've been offered the opportunity to work Thursday and Friday and will be taking that opportunity, nothing planned for my road but I will make sure I go out Saturday and have a few scutches for Queenie 
  • Options
    Off down to the New Forest with the whole family for a well earned mini break
  • Options
    Lord's Saturday. Got a mate from America over for the weekend. Will try and avoid national embarrassment and avoid the street parties.

Here are the roads in Lewisham having parties.

https://www.londonworld.com/whats-on/jubilee-road-closures-lewisham-which-roads-closed-platinum-jubilee-street-parties-over-bank-holiday-3708979
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Will be in Nantwich for the lighting of the beacon at 9.45pm Thursday, then again in Nantwich Saturday for various celebrations (live music, market, tea party).

I'm no Royalist but this is living history.
  • Options
    We're off to Centreparcs for a long weekend with my brother and his family. A couple of BBQs planned and more booze than we'll ever be able to drink. Will be plastering our lodge in bunting.

A little bit gutted to be missing the street party in our road as I'm sure it would have been great but really looking forward to the weekend.
  • Options
    Got no plans apart from a family BBQ at my brother-in-laws on Saturday (or is it Sunday?!  no idea!)

Its really disappointing.  Our road had organised a huge street party for Harry and Wotsits wedding, we had a decent turnout for VE day... now absolutely bloody nothing this time round.  Only a few houses have got bunting up in the road.  In all honesty, just glad of a 3 day week!
  • Options
    absolutely nothing to do with the Jubilee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liam Gallagher at Knebworth on Friday.

Going to the National League playoff final on Sunday at the London Stadium.

Inbetween those will likely find something jubilee related to do. 
  • Options
    Strangely enough nothing happening in my neck of the woods.
    But we’ll raise a glass to her Maj at The Castle.
    GSTQ 🥂
  • Options
    Sitting round the pool outside a villa in Bali 
  • Options
    Street party at my mums on Saturday, although she’ll be in hospital after a fall last week.
    Hope she’s okay mate 
     Cheers mate, thankfully just a small fracture in her pelvis. My and my sis have been trying to get her to have a stairlift fitted for years but she point blank refused. Looks like she’ll have to move into a flat now as she won’t be able to use stairs unaided any more.
    Nothing more stressful than caring for an unwell parent, mainly because they are so fucking stubborn. Hope it works out okay mate. Enjoy the celebrations.
    My mum's gone to hospital today with internal bleeding  :'(
    Sorry to hear that, any news?
  • Options
    Family gathering on Friday, painting a mural and eating shrooms in holyhead on Saturday 
  • Options
    Taking the kids to the Natural History Museum Thursday so probably have a day in London after

Liam Gallagher at Knebworth Friday

Hangover Saturday 
  • Options
    My side of the family are coming over for BBQ on Friday and then my FIL is having one for his birthday on Saturday (which I am trying every trick in the book to get out of, my MIL doesn’t stop talking - drives me mental)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Sitting round the pool outside a villa in Bali 
    Best post yet.
    Enjoy 🍺
  • Options
    The thread motivated me to finally get something Jubilee related sorted, so I’m taking the other half on an Afternoon tea cruise down the Thames on Saturday afternoon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Street party at my mums on Saturday, although she’ll be in hospital after a fall last week.
    Hope she’s okay mate 
     Cheers mate, thankfully just a small fracture in her pelvis. My and my sis have been trying to get her to have a stairlift fitted for years but she point blank refused. Looks like she’ll have to move into a flat now as she won’t be able to use stairs unaided any more.
    Nothing more stressful than caring for an unwell parent, mainly because they are so fucking stubborn. Hope it works out okay mate. Enjoy the celebrations.
    My mum's gone to hospital today with internal bleeding  :'(
    Sorry to hear that, any news?
    She's awaiting an endoscopy (camera down the throat) at the QEH Woolwich.
    Best guess is it's a bleed caused by taking aspirin/pain killers for years.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it looks like Sunday may be rather wet.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/br1
  • Options
    Village picnic outside the village hall planned for Sunday afternoon.  Might take a scoot up there if the weather holds.  
  • Options
    It rained in 77, never stopped us, football in the rain.
    Happy days 😁
  • Options
    It rained in 77, never stopped us, football in the rain.
    Happy days 😁
    Did it? I was inside all day and night so may have missed the weather - the Plumstead Radical Club had a free bar all day and night for members only and I'm afraid I was very, very drunk! 
  • Options
    Well, I had a doughnut in the office with a Union Jack motif on it today. Guess that's about it, as I'm going to a mate's wedding on Saturday and that's going to be absolutely brilliant!
  • Options
    Off to our place in Cornwall tomorrow for a week so nothing Royal or Jubilee planned. Might watch the fly past if its on the TV but not that fussed.   
  • Options
    I'll be enjoying the events on TV, enjoying a street party, and enjoying the knotted angst of Republicans :-)
  • Options
    Just bought a 'Jubilee cream tea' in Letchworth Garden City, as arguably one-upping Paddy is as far as I'll extend 
  • Options
    I shall be balancing out AFKA’s day.