Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Celebrations 2022

Comments

• Options
    She’s had to pull out of the service at St Paul’s.
    Be well Lillybet, look after yourself ♥️
  • Options
    Earlier on Thursday, the palace announced the Queen's son, Prince Andrew, will miss the service on Friday after he tested positive for COVID.
    Very convenient. Indeed I bet Prince Andrew never even knew he'd taken a test  ;)
    if he did take a test, I bet he didn’t sweat about it.
    Covid is spreading around the youth clubs so it could be true.
  • Options
    What a day in kings meadow in Bromley and friends house after. Can wait for the next 3 days. Proud to be British. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    After being a "Critical Worker" and on the response to the pandemic/ Brexit Op Brock etc as a civil servant, was told at 6pm yesterday, thank you..... but can you now fuck off!!!!
    There goes my retirement plans!!!
    Thanks you Boris
  • Options
    Very, very, conveient.
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    What an amazing inspirational lady, long live the Queen!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    The usual suspects are out in force on my social media newsfeeds keen to make as much fuss and noise as possible about how much they don't care about the monarchy etc 

The only response I can think of to that is we aren't celebrating subjugation or the monarchy as a concept, this is acknowledging one womans dedication to doing a job, without moaning or bitching about it, into her mid nineties for 75 years 

God save the Queen 
    Excellent post. Well said. God save the Queen. Seventy years of service. Incredible dedication. 

• Options
    Blackheath yesterday.

• Options
    Some people really have to hijack everything. 

Justice for Grenfell 
    Animal rights. 
    Food banks 

all worthy issues but let people enjoy a jubilee weekend and leave politics out of it. 
    Really is worth avoiding Social Media for that reason when anything to do with the Jubilee gets posted.

Although twitter is just a cesspit for anything now.
  • Options

Justice for Grenfell 
    Animal rights. 
    Food banks 

all worthy issues but let people enjoy a jubilee weekend and leave politics out of it. 
    I think you are right that protestors should stand down during these four days. I do however think it is a political event because of the constitutional role of the monarch.
  • Options
    Off up town today,rooftop bar overlooking St Pauls for lunch,wander down to Tower of London then onto Borough Market for drinks with friends,round of golf at Hever tomorrow then on duty on Sunday
  • Options
    edited June 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She wouldn't be able to openly admit it, but I bet deep down, the queen likely wants to have normal casual friendly chat with people. She's probably internally incredibly isolated and just wants some simple social animal desires.

The Dave psychological analysis of our queen. I could perhaps be sitting in a chair, by a desk cross legged, wearing a bow tie and taking notes.

Ah it's the queen. Just on time... Take a seat. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Justice for Grenfell 
    Animal rights. 
    Food banks 

I think you are right that protestors should stand down during these four days. I do however think it is a political event because of the constitutional role of the monarch.
    Well said Seth. If the country can’t come together for these four days then we never will.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The celebration is for the women. 

Who despite an at times, dreadful family and at all times dreadful governments, has stuck at it resolutely and with an umatched dedication to our values and traditions. If you agree with them or not, keep it to yourself for four days, you are boring anyway!

She is in frail health and no doubt grieving the death of her partner and consort of many years.  That is what I am celebrating and if the usual mouthpieces want to spout, there is no stopping them, it is a social cancer with no cure.

I will ignore the trash and acknowledge an absolutely class lady.

GSTQ
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Not a Royalist or supporter of the monarchy per se, but I love the Queen and think she’s done an amazing job for our country. We won’t see her like again in our lifetimes. I hope I’m wrong but we may not get a chance to celebrate her like this whilst she’s alive again so this weekend should be all about her. I hope that seeing how much she is loved by the population of this country (and elsewhere) brings her joy and comfort that her life’s work has been a job very well done. 
    Exactly this. The lady is out on her own in terms of service to this country and she should be applauded for it.

• Options
    Street party at my mum’s in Sidcup tomorrow. Weather looks crap unfortunately, road behind us is having theirs today and they’ve got a female singer belting out soul classics, sounds like fun.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    This is a good chance for us all to say goodbye to the public side of the queen, as I feel from now on her appearances will be few and far between.

God Save The Queen!
    Was very sad watching her light the beacon from Windsor last night.

When she came out on to the Balcony for the end of Trooping the Colour she looked quite well - That evening she looked like a frail little old lady - Which of course should be expected given her age, but it was sad to see... No wonder she opted out of the thanksgiving at St. Pauls today.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    This is a good chance for us all to say goodbye to the public side of the queen, as I feel from now on her appearances will be few and far between.

God Save The Queen!
    Was very sad watching her light the beacon from Windsor last night.

When she came out on to the Balcony for the end of Trooping the Colour she looked quite well - That evening she looked like a frail little old lady - Which of course should be expected given her age, but it was sad to see... No wonder she opted out of the thanksgiving at St. Pauls today.
    Completely agree. 

When you look at the woman's sense of duty, you know that if she is making some events and not others, she probably shouldn't be making some of the events that she does attend. 

A lifetime on her feet, hopefully she can relax a bit more in her final years.