Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    thats one of the best technical 45 mins of football you'll ever see.
    Total and utter dominance.  This is Real Madrid FFS, not just any old team.
    A very average Real side who have not looked great this season. 
    They were very average last season as well.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I find Pep’s City team much better to watch than Pep’s Barca team 
    Totally agree.  I honestly think only two of that team get in the City team as well.
  • Options
    Think Inter will beat citeh.
  • Options
    City have a better team.
  • Options
    Funny things can happen in finals, but logically I can’t think of many reasons why Inter would beat City. 
  • Options
    Really?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    thats one of the best technical 45 mins of football you'll ever see.
    Total and utter dominance.  This is Real Madrid FFS, not just any old team.
    A very average Real side who have not looked great this season. 
    Agree but we know Real in Europe are different breed. We saw that first leg.
    It's not a particularly good Real side - I think sides get intimidated by their history. 
    Like us in League One.
  • Options
    Grealish, like a lot of players that have gone to City under Guardiola, in that first season they look like they've gone backwards as footballers. This season he has looked unstoppable at times
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I find Pep’s City team much better to watch than Pep’s Barca team 
    I loved Pep's Barcelona in his first season, 2008/09, when he had Eto'o, Henry & Messi up top, and Toure, Iniesta and Xavi.

Scored over 100 in the league, won the treble, and were really exciting with it.

Then they every season after that they took the passing to death thing further and further and weren't quite as fun.
  • Options
    Grealish, like a lot of players that have gone to City under Guardiola, in that first season they look like they've gone backwards as footballers. This season he has looked unstoppable at times
    Yeah, Pep has done a proper job with him, it’s great to see, wish City could get Bellingham, cause Pep would make him complete 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pep made Grealish do the simple things when he joined, told him make the easy pass, he even said it in an interview. Now this season given him a bit more freedom and he looks like how he was at Villa but even better.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    A lot of it is he is fitter, not suggesting he was ever unfit.  

I would love to see how much further city have run tonight than Madrid.  It never looks frantic because they are all so good on the ball but it's funny how often they get to a lose ball first. 

And this is a Madrid team that have for a massive part been the fittest team in the world.
  • Options
    KDB is a great player but he has been terrible tonight.
  • Options
    Christ that’s some save 
  • Options
    Courtois has stopped this being about 6.
  • Options
    Really?  Terrible?
  • Options
    Courtois has stopped this being about 6.
    He's had a few absolute worldies hasn't he!
  • Options
    City going to Istanbul
  • Options
    Love to know how many times Grealish has been fouled in his career and how many of those have led to cards. FK magnet
  • Options
    Madrid been taken to school this evening even with Courtois playing superbly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Really?  Terrible?
    By his standards terrible. Hardly found a pass all night, overhit, underhit, missplaced, take your pick.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Really?  Terrible?
    By his standards terrible. Hardly found a pass all night, overhit, underhit, missplaced, take your pick.
    To be fair, he has worked really hard, but nothing has come off for him.
  • Options
    What must it feel like being at a match and your team is 4-1 up against Real Madrid with 10 minutes to play and heading towards a Champions League final? I can’t even imagine it. 
  • Options
    I suppose this is what £1.8 billion should buy you. 
  • Options
    Haaland didn't score in either leg, rubbish, drop him.
  • Options
    4-0 and could've been 7
  • Options
    What a pass from Foden 

the strength from the bench is phenomenal 
  • Options
    Nice to see Madrid get thoroughly pumped by the better side for a change.
  • Options
    Different class.