Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Options
    Best performance, in a big Champions League game, since United beat Juve?  Sorry since Roy Keane beat Juve.
  • Options
    They must win the trophy now.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    What must it feel like being at a match and your team is 4-1 up against Real Madrid with 10 minutes to play and heading towards a Champions League final? I can’t even imagine it. 
    If it was Charlton I would be crapping myself, knowing that if any team could lose that lead it would be Charlton.
    Knowing us, we would be facing Millwall in the final 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Best performance, in a big Champions League game, since United beat Juve?  Sorry since Roy Keane beat Juve.
    United beating Roma 7-1 maybe?

But Roma weren't the holders,

• Options
    Crazy that Southampton could end up to have stopped the Quadruple.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we just talking English teams here?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    United beating Roma 7-1 maybe?

But Roma weren't the holders,

It wasn't a "big game" I mean it was, but wasn't really.  I know what I mean, doubt anyone else does though ha ha.

Alan Smith was outstanding in that game.

If we are including that we can include City v Liepzig when Haaland scored 5 and was whipped off before the hour.
  • Options
    Liverpool beating Barcelona 4-0 in 2019 too.
  • Options
    Spurs at Ajax

Arsenal needing a win at Inter and winning 5-1

Chelsea at Barca when they defended for their life then beating Munich in Munich in the final.

Maybe not as good performances but ridiculous results.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we just talking English teams here?
    Sorry yes I thought I said that but clearly didn't.

Because clearly the "all comers" is Inter beating Barca with the 5-4-0 formation.  That was the art of shithousery
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spurs at Ajax

Chelsea at Barca when they defended for their life then beating Munich in Munich in the final.

The Bale game in the SS as well.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Spurs at Ajax

They lost that tho didn’t they?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Spurs at Ajax

Yeah but they were 4-0 down at half time with 10 men.  But it doesn't count as a "big game" anyway.
  • Options
    What is this crock of shite on BT after the champions league games anyway?

It's like a middle aged soccer AM.
  • Options
    The American coverage of CL with Henry, Carragher and Micah won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I love it. Some real funny moments.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What is this crock of shite on BT after the champions league games anyway?

It's like a middle aged soccer AM.
    Nearly worth it to hear one fan staying behind to chant at Rio for a few mins 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Spurs at Ajax

Spurs beat them 3-1 at WHL two weeks later, the 'Taxi for Maicon' game.  We were exceptional that night, and made even better that I had a tenner on Van der Vaart scoring 1st and 3-1 at 50/1.  Felt like I was dreaming, one of my best memories from the old WHL.

To be fair, we were bloody awful 1st half of that second leg against Ajax.

Spurs were good in the 3-1 win against Real Madrid in 2017 at Wembley but Madrid had 60+% possession.  
  • Options
    Nice to see Madrid get thoroughly pumped by the better side for a change.
    End of an era for the great Madrid side. Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos, Casemiro and Marcelo all gone. Modric is 37, Benzema 35, Kroos 33. Also Carvajal is the wrong side of 30 too.

They are obviously aware of this though, hence they've signed Camavinga, Tchouameni and now probably Bellingham. Mbappe will surely go there at some point too.
  • Options
    Man City were just pure class first half last night, i sat and thought about 30 mins in the game what the score would be if they were playing us.

I really hope they can go on and win this now.
  • Options
    One of the most satisfying aspects of that total demolition and tactical masterclass is that in any other circumstance Madrid would be targeting the victorious coach as their next manager.
    Instead they have to eat dirt.
    PS Hope Bellingham doesn't go there.
    PPS Vinicius is a gobby twat who was totally owned on the night by Walker.
    PPPS Is Benzema Josh Parker in disguise?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Failed in ‘67. Celtic had already won a treble.
  • Options
    Failed in ‘67. Celtic had already won a treble.
    And they also lost in 1972 to Ajax.........who did the treble.
  • Options
    And Inter completed the treble when they beat Bayern in 2010.
  • Options
    Going
    City
    4-0
    5-0
    6-0
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Going
    City
    4-0
    5-0
    6-0
    1-0 Inter (hope I'm wrong though).
  • Options
    2-2 and someone wins it in extra time. 

Lautaro to score for Inter
  • Options
    I honestly can't see passed City thrashing them.  Going to have a shot every time a commentator or pundit calls Inter by the wrong name, so I'll probably be passed out by kickoff. 
  • Options
    Dzeko goal haunts his old club .. Haaland frustrated by the tough and experienced Inter defence .. late Mahrez goal equalises for Citteee .. Pep regrets not selecting Walker from the off .. Inter are in the final on merit, they are a patient typically niggly and determined Italian outfit, they are not a callow Arsenal, a flatter to deceive Man U, or even an aging Real Madrid ..  Citteee will not have it all their own way .. extra time and penalties beckon   
  • Options
    Dzeko goal haunts his old club .. Haaland frustrated by the tough and experienced Inter defence .. late Mahrez goal equalises for Citteee .. Pep regrets not selecting Walker from the off .. Inter are in the final on merit, they are a patient typically niggly and determined Italian outfit, they are not a callow Arsenal, a flatter to deceive Man U, or even an aging Real Madrid ..  Citteee will not have it all their own way .. extra time and penalties beckon   
    You think Inter, who finished 3rd in Italy, are better than Real Madrid, Bayern, Arsenal and United?