Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Staff at Charlton being relieved of their duties

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Something seriously wrong here, not sure Jokat doing or TS.. Maybe Jokat couldn't work under the forever moving goalpost!
    Are you able to expand on what might have changed for him during the short period since his arrival? Was it to do with sales targets or job remit?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:

He has been employed by the club for a couple of years, and come across as a decent guy on the fan forums.

Probably less than 2 years though.
    I could be wrong but assumed RA was using 2 years as an example. It's much easier to get rid of staff inside their probation period which is usually 3-6months. Assuming he's passed that, companies will usually make the position redundant and the fees due are usually 1 week pay for every year worked. To let go of the likes of Daniel would be rather cheap. 
    That said, if they've gone down the redundancy road they can't then re-post the same job straight away. They could of course change the job title and include an extra responsibility or two to get round that loophole if they wanted. Maybe they want to employ more low-hour contracts rather than full time staff for this kind of work? 
    All in the name of sustainability.
  • Options
    Good guy Dan. Always very helpful. He has been very involved with the international groups I believe. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:

He has been employed by the club for a couple of years, and come across as a decent guy on the fan forums.

I could be wrong but assumed RA was using 2 years as an example. It's much easier to get rid of staff inside their probation period which is usually 3-6months. Assuming he's passed that, companies will usually make the position redundant and the fees due are usually 1 week pay for every year worked. To let go of the likes of Daniel would be rather cheap. 
    That said, if they've gone down the redundancy road they can't then re-post the same job straight away. They could of course change the job title and include an extra responsibility or two to get round that loophole if they wanted. Maybe they want to employ more low-hour contracts rather than full time staff for this kind of work? 
    You have very little rights inside the first 2 years unless your termination is due to some for of discrimination.
    Yes agree.  Up to 2 years very little employment protection.  Not able to pay redundancy as a tax free sum - must be taxable but at discretion of the business.  If it's an instant dismissal then they will pay in lieu of notice.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:

He has been in the role for less than 2 years
  • Options
    Dan Burke was the clubs Fans Liasion Officer, a role the club must have to be within the EFL rules. They may get around this by having the Fans Advisor (Lucy) cover that from the voluntary role
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:

He has been in the role for less than 2 years
    Just!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Good guy Dan. Always very helpful. He has been very involved with the international groups I believe. 
    Maybe the penny has dropped with TS and he's realised that chasing international support and supporters from outside our core base doesn't work in L1.

Purely as a hypothetical, if the club is spending £250K pa on these staff wages and the net result so far was 50 new S/Ts, he's realising it won't work.

Please don't jump on the above it is only a very very rough for example.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Am gutted to hear this 
    All jokes aside this is utterly shit for those poor people who have lost their jobs. 

This club is beginning  to smell a bit now plus it cannot create a nice climate to work in, something I never had to really contend with.
    Because people lost there jobs? That happens outside of Charlton aswell! I will say that I feel for them and it is never nice to lose a job & I hope they find other work quickly.

But we have no definitive context as too why they have lost there roles? Is it restructure? Or was is performance related....no one actually knows!! And if they do..they havent said.

This isnt a full defence of TS. I can genuinely believe that he would be difficult to work with. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:

You have very little rights inside the first 2 years unless your termination is due to some for of discrimination.
    If a company want to make a position redundant they have the right to do that whenever, 2 years or 20 years, it just alters the amount of compensation due. 
    In terms of simply 'letting them go' to replace them, then the company need to have a proven record of under-performing or as you say, some sort of HR grievance such as discrimination. 
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:

If a company want to make a position redundant they have the right to do that whenever, 2 years or 20 years, it just alters the amount of compensation due. 
    In terms of simply 'letting them go' to replace them, then the company need to have a proven record of under-performing or as you say, some sort of HR grievance such as discrimination. 
    not in the first two years of employment they don't. It's good practice to do so but not essential. Just as easy to get rid of staff after 18 months then 3 weeks in, just likely to be more expensive.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:

They don't need to make the position redundant when the employees have less than 2 years service. They're not eligible for the "1 week pay per year" and employees cannot do anything about their dismissals. 
  • Options
    I’ve been one of those that’s given unwavering support to TS during the recent criticism. 

I’m now officially wavering